PDA

View Full Version : Wakeboards @ Dicks

Gonzo
07-23-2008, 03:18 PM
I dont know anything about boards, but the ones at teh dicks in Greensboro looked to be on clearence as they make room for the Hunting stuff. I saw a liquid force for 249 and body glove and hydroslide.

wakeX2wake
07-23-2008, 03:51 PM
if you want a at least half decent wakeboard... don't buy it from dicks... hydroslide and body glove are DOODOOOOOOOOO!!! LF stuff is good but it depends on what you buy... best advice is that if it's at dicks and it's a wakeboard i'd look it up and see how the model compares... all the good stuff you can find on wakeside.com and buywake.com... good closeouts on grizzly-sports.com and boardersmall.com

dapicatti
07-23-2008, 03:57 PM
If they are selling a model at Wal Mart, (hydroslide) you can bet its not the best.
Stick with the more well known wake brands, lots of good places to get them on the net for a discount. Don't waste your money.

Cloaked
07-23-2008, 04:11 PM
I dont know anything about boards, but the ones at teh dicks in Greensboro looked to be on clearence as they make room for the Hunting stuff. I saw a liquid force for 249 and body glove and hydroslide.
Liquid Force is a decent product, in particular at $249, extra good if it has boots mounted on it. Nothing wrong with Liquid Force seeing that is a top leader is board sales.

Body glove is just fine too, however it's each to their own.....

etakk7
07-23-2008, 04:23 PM
Liquid Force makes low end boards as well that are often sold at places like Dicks. You have to be careful. Also, Body Glove and Hydroslide are junk unless you are putting your 10 year old daughter on a board for the first time.

duckguy
07-23-2008, 04:33 PM
Support your local board shop!

wakeX2wake
07-23-2008, 04:56 PM
board brands worth buying from that's their middle-top end stuff: ronix, liquid force, hyperlite, slingshot, krown, gator, cwb, or obrien (you have byerly too which is a subsidiary of hyperlite)... same goes for bindings... if you don't buy middle - top of these company's products you or your children will soon out grow the product and you'll be buying new again... some don't mind throwing money away others like to get bang for their buck... good luck and shop for knowledge

TMCNo1
07-23-2008, 05:07 PM
Sodar has a toob fer sale!

wakeX2wake
07-23-2008, 05:15 PM
Sodar has a toob fer sale!

i think y'all are in cahoots...

ShamrockIV
07-23-2008, 05:19 PM
hydroslide and body glove are DOODOOOOOOOOO!!!

man u said doodoo!! lol i am LMAO!!!!!

dude when are u headed my way i got to hang out with u now lol

Gonzo
07-23-2008, 05:24 PM
Just to Clarify, Not shopping... just saw them.

atlfootr
07-23-2008, 07:17 PM
Now why ya'd go and say a thing like that? :rolleyes:
I was under the impression you were in the market for a new board as well.
Here they were, try'n to give you professional expericence advice and you jus' saw a clearance rack :uglyhamme

TMCNo1
07-23-2008, 08:01 PM
Language a potential moderator would use, you auditioning?

dapicatti
07-23-2008, 08:01 PM
Just saw a bunch of stuff on overstock.com, lots of wakeboards, bindings and ropes and handles. Lots of good brands there, great prices. If someone is looking, it might be worth your time to check it out.

Gonzo
07-23-2008, 08:44 PM
Now why ya'd go and say a thing like that? :rolleyes:
I was under the impression you were in the market for a new board as well.
Here they were, try'n to give you professional expericence advice and you jus' saw a clearance rack :uglyhamme

Here I thought I was doing a PSA and I was just being an ..... o nevermind :rolleyes::rolleyes:

TMCNo1
07-23-2008, 09:22 PM
Here I thought I was doing a PSA and I was just being an ..... o nevermind :rolleyes::rolleyes:

Never mind them Gonzo, we'll do lunch one Saturday at Waffle House, kick some butt and see what we can find at the flea market and Goodwill! I'm looking for a Big Bird costume for halloween anyway!:uglyhamme