PDA

View Full Version : Factory Depth Transducer

Kingsley X-1
07-23-2008, 06:18 AM
so i have done a search and been looking now for about an hour and a half. what i was wanting to know is what depth transducer does the factory use. i just purchased a new 08 X-1. i want the depth to read out on my multi function tach display. also how does it tie into the electrical system to show up on the tach?

thanks,
Hague
Jacksonville Fl

boofer
07-24-2008, 12:57 AM
I bought the depth sounder from an MC dealer and installed it myself. Mounting the transducer is the toughest part. The wiring is simple.

There is a control box that comes along with the transducer that you can mount on the drivers kick panel. The transducer plugs into the control box. The wiring from the control box to the dash is under the dash and it is labeled.

JerryS
07-24-2008, 02:01 AM
I believe it is a Lowrance unit. PD series. Not sure if it is the -W 20 degree or the -N 8 degree transducer. This is what was in both my 2006 and 2007 197 with factory installed depth meters. In those boats, w/o VDIG, the transducer fed a Medallion depth module. Not sure about VDIG though.

Kingsley X-1
07-24-2008, 01:48 PM
if anyone knows the exact part that i need to order that would be great. i would love to be able to see how much more the dealer is than getting it through west marine or something like that.

Ric
07-24-2008, 02:39 PM
call mymc
mymastercraft.com
I bought my factory mc depth finder setup from him and it arrived complete with simple instructions. the transdeucer is black and inconspicuous if installed with black adhesive (mc instructions even suggest spraying some black paint on it after install iirc)
I was instructed to install the puck near the propshaft behind the transmission in a direct drive

boofer
07-27-2008, 12:43 PM
I second Ric. Call Mike at MC of Charlotte. He will get you fixed up right the first time. My boat does not have the VDIG, so there may be more to it then what I said earlier. But, I gander it is very similar. Call Mike!

I mounted the transducer in the forward part of the engine compartment kind of close to the Perfect Pass paddlewheel. Regardless, if you have PP or not, on a V-drive I think that the factory installation point is in this area. My dealer said that he installs the transducer in the bilge area. I did not think that this was a good idea. That area could at times be exposed to air and the depth sounders do not work in air. Mounting the transducer is like a one shot deal. You want to spend more time deciding where to put it then actually mounting it. Once it is in place and the cement has cured, they can be removed. But, I have heard it can be kind of tough and you might damage the transducer if you do it incorrectly. Make sure you prep the area with acetone. This removes any oil/grease and any contaminants. I used fingernail polish remover = acetone.

g-mantrix
09-25-2011, 08:11 AM
I have the 2007 X2, where is the MMDC module located, I am wanting to locate this to plug in the depth module cable...thanks

davidstan
09-27-2011, 06:55 AM
Located starboard side at bottom of engine bay.

willyt
03-16-2012, 08:46 AM
hey guys, sorry to dig up an old thread, but i just figured out my depth finder isnt working. It's a 2005 X2, and is just a blinking dot when I scroll to the depth on the multi-function gauge. I looked under the dash and found a blue wire labeled 'depth finder', but its not connected to anything. For the life of me I can't find what I should plug that into, and was just thinking of following the wire from the transducer to the control box to make sure everything is plugged in before just throwing parts at it.

Anyone have any idea where that wire should be, or is my transducer for sure gone bad?

Philscbx
06-07-2012, 01:07 PM
I'm looking at some of this - http://www.mastercraft.com/teamtalk/showthread.php?t=33053
The factory install PDF (http://www.mastercraft.com/teamtalk/attachment.php?attachmentid=52587&d=1255972992) is on the edge

This topic needs major upgrade.

Google results - Depth Transducer, teamtalk (http://www.google.com/search?client=safari&rls=en&q=Depth+Transducer,+teamtalk&ie=UTF-8&oe=UTF-8)

stt
06-07-2012, 02:02 PM
Is it me or have there been a number of issues with the transducer? I had to replace my '08 also.

Red 08 Xstar
06-24-2012, 02:09 PM
Mine is bad also but I haven't replaced it yet because it's $430.

TN X-45
06-24-2012, 02:29 PM
Replaced mine in my 08 :eek:

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk 2

bstanislaw
06-24-2012, 10:01 PM
Mine in my 06 x2 is bad also.