PDA

View Full Version : Depth Finder replacement

CantRepeat
07-23-2008, 06:47 AM
Hey!

I've got a 92 Maristar 210 that has an old Depth Finder in it that no long works. I think the dash hole is 2 or 2 1/8 and it has that very large transducer which looks to be 3 or so inches.

I'm lookin for a replacement and would like some suggestions on brands and models.

Thanks!

TMCNo1
07-23-2008, 07:38 AM
Most any marine supply company has various models and prices usually starting @ $99 or so, Overton's, Bass Pro Shop, Cabela's, Bart's, West Marine, the list goes on and on!

Skipper
07-23-2008, 09:03 AM
I used the Faria in my old ski boat. It was pretty reliable. Runs about $130. The hummingbird is good too, maybe less expensive like $100. Both are available from the usual suspects but I got mine from www.boatbandit.com

rholmes
07-23-2008, 09:38 AM
I know they sell them cheap too, I am wondering the same thing. Is there a replacement that can fit in the same slot allotted and use the transducer already in place?

Skipper
07-23-2008, 10:02 AM
The hole size is pretty much standard. The transducer is a different story. I know that with my Faria it was important that I record some number on the transducer and cable because in the event I ever had to replace either they were very specific. I know the transducer is included in the cost of the other aftermarket depth finders, so cost should not be an issue. If you have to replace the transducer you already know where to mount it! Just remove the old one, clean the area with acetone, and install the new one.

TMCNo1
07-23-2008, 11:48 AM
I guess I was lucky, but I bought a Teleflex Depth Finder at the Central Carolina Boat show in Janurary of 1999 at the Overton's overstock booth for $59, complete new in the box. It has worked fawlessly for nearly 10 years now. All I did was drill a 2 1/8" hole in the dash and followed the instructions and bingo it was history.