PDA

View Full Version : What was he thinking?

Monte
07-22-2008, 12:55 PM
http://www.shelbystar.com/news/street_32471___article.html/ambulance_traffic.html

Scanner traffic: Ambulance stolen, wild chase follows
Comments 3 | Recommend 0
Monday, Jul 21 2008, 11:34 pm
Emily Killian
A roughly 45-minute-long ambulance chase late Monday night left at least one person hurt and took law enforcement officials through more than 15 turns before stopping the vehicle, according to scanner traffic.

Scanner traffic indicated that a man stole an ambulance around 10 p.m. People at Cleveland Regional Medical Center reported it stolen around 10:20 p.m.

Minutes later, someone in law enforcement reported seeing an ambulance on Fallston Road; however, there weren't any calls that way - and the chase was on.

The driver's turns played out in scanner traffic, as did word of an attempt at getting the driver to stop at Pleasant Grove Church Road.
He would not stop the ambulance and a few minutes later eluded officials who tried to stop him near Wyke Road with stop sticks.

Another few minutes have gone by and he's on Suttle Street, then Dekalb Street, Washington Street near Auto Bell and heads over near Wendy's. Then the driver heads into Ramblewood, where traffic later indicated that he may have hit someone's hand.

From Ramblewood, the ambulance travels to Shannonhouse Street, then Morgan Street.
Calls go out for K-9 units.

By 10:55, the ambulance's driver turned on Calvary, then Ligon and Hamrick streets, before turning onto Royster Avenue and Morgan, then going onto Lafayette Street.

Highway Patrol comes into the chase, as does another try at the stop sticks, according to scanner traffic.

The chase heads back to Grover Street, then Frederick Street shortly before 11 p.m. Minutes later, officials finally catch a suspect on Monroe Street.

Police had a suspect; however, there is no official word from police on his name or what he may have been charged with.

Maureen McGee contributed information to this report.

D3skier
07-22-2008, 01:11 PM
is someone desparate for attention or just out for a joy ride......what in the world goes through peoples minds when they think of these pranks to pull... what would have happened if that ambulance was needed for an emergency.

Monte
07-22-2008, 01:20 PM
is someone desparate for attention or just out for a joy ride......what in the world goes through peoples minds when they think of these pranks to pull... what would have happened if that ambulance was needed for an emergency.

Maybe they could have called him on the CB and sent him on to the scene?:rolleyes:

TMCNo1
07-22-2008, 01:22 PM
Something tells me he may be a new MasterCraft boat owner, read Team Talk and went off the deep end! Or, by chance could he be one of our moderators? I'm jus sayin'!:eek::rolleyes::D

bigmac
07-22-2008, 01:48 PM
Well, driving emergency vehicles can be fun. Perfectly understandable, IMHO.

wakeX2wake
07-22-2008, 02:09 PM
haha no way i steal an ambulance tho... if its anything it's either a firetruck (cause they're cool and if i could pull it off it'd look really sweet pulling my bote) or the really fast interstate highspeed chase cop cars... like a dolled up corvette z06 or something... that'd be fun to steal b/c what are they going to catch you with?... don't even say it b/c it's got a radio too

TMCNo1
07-22-2008, 02:50 PM
It's global warming, I tell ya! Just ask Algore! It's driving people nuts!:eek:

Now who in their right mind would buy high priced gas when they can steal a blambalance, do tha math:eek::rolleyes::D!

atlfootr
07-22-2008, 03:17 PM
Who knows, one day we may see him on 'Worlds Wildest Police Chases' :rolleyes:
Wouldn't it be hilarious, if he hit the lights 'n seiren :D

lanier92prostar
07-22-2008, 04:10 PM
Another incident on the what was he thinking thread, did anyone see the video clip of the DA who tried to drive his 5th wheel camper under the bank to get to the ATM?

atlfootr
07-22-2008, 04:15 PM
No but give the link for the video :D

TMCNo1
07-22-2008, 04:18 PM
Another incident on the what was he thinking thread, did anyone see the video clip of the DA who tried to drive his 5th wheel camper under the bank to get to the ATM?

I saw that, Holy Crap, like he'd never towed anything before, he and his child were lucky!

Here is the link, http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=abaFjjxQWEQ

I hope that wasn't Eastie and he's been hiding the story!

lanier92prostar
07-22-2008, 04:21 PM
Thanks Harold, you beat me to the link.

TMCNo1
07-22-2008, 04:22 PM
Link in post #11or here, http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=abaFjjxQWEQ

atlfootr
07-22-2008, 04:51 PM
This incident occurred in Shelby, NC.
I mapquested it to track his route, a number of streets are missing from the list so it will take me sometime to complete.

Monte
07-22-2008, 04:52 PM
It's global warming, I tell ya! Just ask Algore! It's driving people nuts!:eek:

Now who in their right mind would buy high priced gas when they can steal a blambalance, do tha math!

What makes it worse, all those streets named basically circle the town. None of them are more than two miles from the center of town. He was within three city blocks of the hospital he stle the ambulance from when he was finally stopped. He just did a loop:noface: Me? I would be on my way to mexico;) Wonder what I can get for a slighly used amblance in mexico:confused:

atlfootr
07-22-2008, 04:54 PM
WoW :eek3: Couldn't clear the roofline .....
Was that a RaceTrack or a QT across the street?
Imagine what his insurance is gonna run from now on :rolleyes:

TMCNo1
07-22-2008, 04:57 PM
This incident occurred in Shelby, NC.
I mapquested it to track his route, a number of streets are missing from the list so it will take me sometime to complete.

Have you hit the stop strips yet? It may be a rough ride after your tires go flat!:rolleyes:

TMCNo1
07-22-2008, 04:59 PM
Why Mapquest it, it's probably already a game on a PS2 he stole from the pawn shop! How do you think he learned to drive?

Monte
07-23-2008, 09:16 AM
He really is a wise one:rolleyes: Figured ya'll might get a laugh out of this one. Note same guy that stole the ambulance. I think he needs to be in a mental ward;)

SHELBY - Last September, Patrick Darnell Hunt made headlines for harassing a 911 dispatcher after calling to report white liquor and a half-pound of marijuana were stolen from his home.
Monday night, Hunt, 40, was back in the spotlight for leading law enforcement on a nearly hour-long chase through Shelby, police said. But this wasn't just any chase - Hunt was driving a stolen Cleveland County EMS ambulance.
N.C. Highway Patrolman John Horton described a scene of Ramblewood residents running for cover when the ambulance came through the area, jumped the curb and drove onto the grass.
The ambulance was reported stolen from Cleveland Regional Medical Center around 10 p.m., according to scanner traffic. Minutes later, it was spotted by law enforcement on Fallston Road. A multi-agency zigzag chase followed that took police from Wyke Road to Suttle Street, Ligon to Hamrick streets and Dekalb to Washington streets before coming to an end on Monroe Street.
"I was laying down to go to sleep, then I heard the noise," said Monroe Street resident Linda Kimble. "I said, ‘Lord have mercy, what is that?'"
Hunt was taken into custody at the scene. Aside from a pedestrian sustaining a hand injury in Ramblewood, there were no injuries reported.
"I don't think the speed ever got over 65 the time I was chasing him," said Horton. "...Almost all of it was in a 25 or 35 mph zone that we were chasing him."
Alcohol was not a factor in the chase, he said.
"No alcohol involved to my knowledge," he said. "As of right now, as far as drugs go, I think that's still under investigation."
The Cleveland County Sheriff's Office also took part in the pursuit. Capt. Alan Norman said stop sticks were thrown out at Lafayette and Grover streets, which blew out two of the vehicle's tires.
"According to the chase report," Norman said, "he basically just pulled into the driveway (on Monroe Street)."
Damage to the truck will hurt Shelby Rescue for the short-term but won't interrupt service.
"We have other trucks we can rely on," said David Clary, vice president of the Shelby Rescue Board of Directors.
Clary estimated damages to the truck, which was brand new, at between $10,000 and $12,000.
He said the key is typically left in the ignition when the vehicles pull into the hospital. But that's a procedue that has been changed as a result of Monday's incident, he said.

Name: Patrick Darnell Hunt
Highway Patrol charges: Careless and reckless driving, hit and run, felony speed to allude, stop sign violation
Cleveland County Sheriff's Office charges: Felony larceny of a motor vehicle, more charges pending
Bond: $100,000 secured

According to the N.C. Department of Correction Web site, Hunt has previously been convicted of misuse of 911 system, possession of firearm by felon (2 counts), felony breaking and entering, worthless check, operating a motor vehicle without financial responsibility, disorderly conduct, driver's license revoked, misdemeanor breaking and entering, speed to elude arrest, communicating threats, possession of a Schedule II controlled substance, resisting officer and traffiking cocaine.

Monte
07-23-2008, 09:20 AM
Who knows, one day we may see him on 'Worlds Wildest Police Chases' :rolleyes:
Wouldn't it be hilarious, if he hit the lights 'n seiren :D

http://www.shelbystar.com/video/index.php?bcpid=1155362759&bclid=1173324576&bctid=1683828057

atlfootr
07-23-2008, 09:24 AM
This is :noface: the kind of guy, your daughter's need to meet :rolleyes:

wakeX2wake
07-23-2008, 10:42 AM
NICE... this guy just has it out for medical services apparently

TMCNo1
07-23-2008, 11:40 AM
I love livin' in the south! Did these people work at a Waffle house at some point in their life or is there just a Waffle House in the neighborhood?:rolleyes::D

Monte
07-23-2008, 12:29 PM
I love livin' in the south! Did these people work at a Waffle house at some point in their life or is there just a Waffle House in the neighborhood?:rolleyes::D

What tipped you off? When he called the cops to tell them about the 1/2 pound of pot and white liquor stolen from his house or when he leads the cops on a chase in an ambulance, then calmly pulls into his driveway:rolleyes:

Monte
07-29-2008, 09:20 AM
I can't make this stuff up..
http://www.shelbystar.com/news/restaurant_32602___article.html/kings_mountain.html

wakeX2wake
07-29-2008, 09:35 AM
wow... "you no serve me beer... you no have poopie place"

those guys looked like a couple of real class acts

TMCNo1
07-29-2008, 11:09 AM
I can't make this stuff up..
http://www.shelbystar.com/news/restaurant_32602___article.html/kings_mountain.html

There ya go, there must have been a Waffle House nearby. Ya'll got to close them WH's down and the crime rate will hit rock bottom.

Should WH change the hash brown menu to,

REGULAR
Grilled shredded potatoes cooked in a steel ring around the neck

LARGE
Two orders of grilled shredded potatoes cooked in a steel ring around the neck and hands

TRIPLE
Three orders of grilled shredded potatoes cooked in a steel ring around the neck, hands and feet

SCATTERED
Scatted on the grill instead of cooked in a ring w/bloody nose

SMOTHERED
Diced Onions and getting choked at the same time

COVERED
American (or Swiss) Cheese including a blanket party

CHUNKED
Ham and several knife cuts on the upper body

TOPPED
Chili and a pot of coffee thrown in the face

DICED
Diced Tomatoes and the loss of at least 2 fingers

PEPPERED Jalapeno Pepper Rings and a sawed off shotgun blast

CAPPED Mushrooms with 2 or more bullets from a drive by

SCATTERED ALL THE WAY All of the above, plus a brawl involving Kid Rock

WELL Crispy including burning down the place

STEAMED No Oil and all the employees who are out of a job

wakeX2wake
07-29-2008, 11:12 AM
mmm i'll have a ham and cheese omelet w/ a double order of hashbrowns scattered covered and chunked... i say this most every saturday night/sunday morning

TMCNo1
07-29-2008, 11:16 AM
We may go there tonight and wear our body armour!

Monte
07-29-2008, 11:16 AM
Ya'll are making me hungry.. AND yes, there is a waffle house right down the

wakeX2wake
07-29-2008, 11:40 AM
that's why you do like me and just get hammered at the bar before you go so you don't care that they got a 75 on their state food safety inspection or that the thugs/mafia from the trailerpark are there

Monte
07-29-2008, 12:02 PM
that's why you do like me and just get hammered at the bar before you go so you don't care that they got a 75 on their state food safety inspection or that the thugs/mafia from the trailerpark are there

Darnit:( I guess that means I need to go to the bar before I go to lunch:o

wakeX2wake
07-29-2008, 12:10 PM
Darnit:( I guess that means I need to go to the bar before I go to lunch:o

better yet... go to the bar FOR lunch!!!

TMCNo1
07-29-2008, 01:09 PM
better yet... go to the bar FOR lunch!!!

Any way you do it, Nadine Gunch the WH waitress with the 1 leg, 1 eye and 1 tooth will also be there, tanking up prior to starting her shift! She says that working in a high crime area like that, if she gets shot, she'll never feel it!

TMCNo1
07-29-2008, 01:15 PM
Here in our area some of the KFS's, Taco Bell's and Long John Silvers are all in one building. It must be something about robbing all 3 at one time that gets them a better plea bargin and where else can you get a Chicken Breast in a Taco Shell with Tartar Sauce!

Sodar
07-29-2008, 02:15 PM
http://www.shelbystar.com/news/street_32471___article.html/ambulance_traffic.html

Scanner traffic: Ambulance stolen, wild chase follows
Comments 3 | Recommend 0
Monday, Jul 21 2008, 11:34 pm
Emily Killian
A roughly 45-minute-long ambulance chase late Monday night left at least one person hurt and took law enforcement officials through more than 15 turns before stopping the vehicle, according to scanner traffic.

Scanner traffic indicated that a man stole an ambulance around 10 p.m. People at Cleveland Regional Medical Center reported it stolen around 10:20 p.m.

Minutes later, someone in law enforcement reported seeing an ambulance on Fallston Road; however, there weren't any calls that way - and the chase was on.

The driver's turns played out in scanner traffic, as did word of an attempt at getting the driver to stop at Pleasant Grove Church Road.
He would not stop the ambulance and a few minutes later eluded officials who tried to stop him near Wyke Road with stop sticks.

Another few minutes have gone by and he's on Suttle Street, then Dekalb Street, Washington Street near Auto Bell and heads over near Wendy's. Then the driver heads into Ramblewood, where traffic later indicated that he may have hit someone's hand.

From Ramblewood, the ambulance travels to Shannonhouse Street, then Morgan Street.
Calls go out for K-9 units.

By 10:55, the ambulance's driver turned on Calvary, then Ligon and Hamrick streets, before turning onto Royster Avenue and Morgan, then going onto Lafayette Street.

Highway Patrol comes into the chase, as does another try at the stop sticks, according to scanner traffic.

The chase heads back to Grover Street, then Frederick Street shortly before 11 p.m. Minutes later, officials finally catch a suspect on Monroe Street.

Police had a suspect; however, there is no official word from police on his name or what he may have been charged with.

Maureen McGee contributed information to this report.

Is this how they write news stories back in North Carolina? I made myself dizzy just trying to follow the story. :o

Monte
07-29-2008, 02:30 PM
Is this how they write news stories back in North Carolina? I made myself dizzy just trying to follow the story. :o

You are behind the times Cam.. Yes that was a dizzying story, but I just posted the link to one where two guys were refused drinks at a local Mexican bar. Their retaliation? To shoot the toilet:noface:

Sodar
07-29-2008, 02:39 PM
You are behind the times Cam.. Yes that was a dizzying story, but I just posted the link to one where two guys were refused drinks at a local Mexican bar. Their retaliation? To shoot the toilet:noface:

Sorry...

Was the toilet running!?!?! I crack myself up! :wavey:

Monte
07-29-2008, 02:46 PM
Sorry...

I have to admit you just made me crack up as well:rolleyes:

TMCNo1
07-29-2008, 03:42 PM
Sorry...

Hopefully the toilet was tanked and never felt it, beats being crapped on all the time!:rolleyes:

Monte
07-29-2008, 03:51 PM
It was a crappy thing to do.. bd dm dm tsh