PDA

View Full Version : Obsetion or Love?

SKI*MC
04-21-2005, 11:29 PM
I'm sure that a lot of MC owners out there have different opinions about MC's. Some may love there MC's, some may be plain out obsessed about MasterCraft's... Like me! :) I want to hear about people and there love or obsetion about MasterCrafts, to make sure its just not me. What separates the line between love and obsetion when it comes to your MasterCraft?

Farmer Ted
04-21-2005, 11:47 PM
I'm sure that a lot of MC owners out there have different opinions about MC's. Some may love there MC's, some may be plain out obsessed about MasterCraft's... Like me! :) I want to hear about people and there love or obsetion abouty MasterCrafts, to make sure its just not me. What separates the line between love and obsetion when it comes to your MasterCraft?

obsession

MCs

their

MarkP
04-21-2005, 11:56 PM
I think I just like my boat.

My wife tells me I am obsessed with my boat.

Mag_Red
04-22-2005, 12:25 AM
obsession

MCs

theirand you didn't have a problem with "abouty"? :D or "its"?

erkoehler
04-22-2005, 01:34 AM

:uglyhamme

I could see how that works.... :rant:

BriEOD
04-22-2005, 07:27 AM

Same here MarkP, she refers to the boat as my "other wife."

jsonova99
04-22-2005, 07:37 AM
Right now I'd say that I love my boat. I still have a lot of projects to tackle on it though. I have a feeling that once I really get into it I will become obsessed. I tend to be a perfectionist and just looking at the boat now all that I see are all of those things that need to be taken care of and it bothers the hell out of me.

MarkP
04-22-2005, 08:16 AM
Right now I'd say that I love my boat. I still have a lot of projects to tackle on it though. I have a feeling that once I really get into it I will become obsessed. I tend to be a perfectionist and just looking at the boat now all that I see are all of those things that need to be taken care of and it bothers the hell out of me.
Json

It sounds like you have “crossed the line”. That’s ok. Join the crowd, welcome aboard,:wavey: . Looks like your in ok company.

MarkP
04-22-2005, 08:34 AM
Same here MarkP, she refers to the boat as my "other wife."
That’s ok Brian

I think having a well maintained boat has a lot to do with how much fun you have when your on it. If you call that “obsessed”, well, so be it,;) .

André
04-22-2005, 09:32 AM
I started skiing kind of late,i was 25,behind my friend,s cuddy cabin.Was hooked from there on the SPORT and didn't even now about inboards until i saw a magazine call Waterski Mag.I quicly realized that i was skiing behind the wrong boat.Bought myself a Glastron Carlson 15 footer with a Merc 85 hp and began to ski more and more.
All that time i kept on buying Waterski Magazine and always saw the add on the back cover.The back covers adds of Mastercraft are CERTAINLY why i was hooked on a Mastercraft and wanted nothing else for my first inboard.It tooked me 12 years to finally ski behind one and while waiting for the boat to line up ,i read those same words that i saw so many times on the cover add:
Mastercraft
World record ski boats

This time it was behind MY boat...

bradamerry
04-22-2005, 09:41 AM
I guess I'm one of the lucky ones. I started sking behind an outboard, but fell in love with the sport in my teen yrs from sking behind 3 different CCs and my cousin's 83' S&S. I have always wanted an inboard since. As far as MC, I always like the looks of them better than CC, but looked at both before buying. I noticed that I saw more older MCs than CCs, so I know which made the better boat. I will now always be a MASTERCRAFT MAN :banana: !!!

aprgriggs
04-22-2005, 10:02 AM
I loved my X10 but I have moved passed that with this DD. I am obsessed with my X9 and I am proud of it.

I guess you could say that I have an extra child....I would have classified her as my first wife, but my boat doesn't help clean up. I find my self doing all of the work just like with my daughter.

Tennesseeski
04-22-2005, 10:17 AM
I get excited every time I roll the cover back off mine and hook it up to put it in the water. After I rode behind my first one I knew I had to have it. All that gets me through work sometimes is knowing that on the weekend I will be out in my boat jumping a wake or skiing. :D

André
04-22-2005, 10:20 AM
You're obcess with your MC when in middle of the winter,you raise that cover to take a sniff of boatsmell...

jsonova99
04-22-2005, 10:30 AM
I always loved Mastercrafts, but never really got much into skiing. So I finally bought one and got hooked on skiing thereafter. Needless to say I've had the boat for 6 months and I really suck at skiing. But, I look damn good sucking behind the MC! :toast:

mtrask
04-22-2005, 10:45 AM

I stand in the same shoes as you my friend.

MarkP
04-22-2005, 10:53 AM
I stand in the same shoes as you my friend.
I’ll bet she sure is happy when everything goes smoothly when you take the boat out,:toast: .

bcampbe7
04-22-2005, 11:20 AM
MasterCraft is the first and last boat for this guy... :toast:
I love my PS190. Eventually I would like to get an x-9, but that will be many years down the road.
My wife and I have an equal "obsession."

east tx skier
04-22-2005, 12:09 PM
I think it becomes an obsession when you try to spoon the boat in the garage. I'm not quite there yet.

MasterMason
04-22-2005, 12:12 PM
I'm not quite there yet.

Is that because you haven't tried or haven't figured out how to do it yet? :D

east tx skier
04-22-2005, 12:13 PM
I don't like putting too much weight on the platform when it's not in the water. ;)

LakePirate
04-22-2005, 12:31 PM
When you tow it to the lake in January just to ride around and dodge the sticks and logs. When people ask you tell them that you are just charging the battery.

BrianM
04-22-2005, 02:30 PM
I think I have moved over to obsession. I grew up mostly sking behind outboards but a family friend always had inboards. I always wanted one so when it was time for me to buy I never considered anything but a DD and MC was "the" boat.

I can't think of a much prettier view than when I am sitting in the water behind my boat, on a beautiful warm summer glass water evening, waiting for the rope to pull tight.

The obsession with the boat all pays off when some says, "your boat looks really clean, what year is it?" When I tell them "'88" I usually have to help them pick their bottom jaw up off of the floor. :smile: That makes all of the time and effort worth it.

jayocheskey
04-22-2005, 02:50 PM
I loved my X10 but I have moved passed that with this DD. I am obsessed with my X9 and I am proud of it.

I guess you could say that I have an extra child....I would have classified her as my first wife, but my boat doesn't help clean up. I find my self doing all of the work just like with my daughter.

April,

Why do you like the X9 mor than the X10? I'm just curious as to the differences you have seen first hand with the two boats.

jayocheskey
04-22-2005, 03:02 PM
I'm obsessed with anything to do with water-sports, and growing up, like many of you, around the water - you develop an early and deep appreciation for the fine machines that MasterCraft produces. I have spent trips being pulled by a "rigged" aluminum fishing boat with the Mercury outboard straining through the water while the emmaculate M/C's were tucked snugly away in their dry-docks.

Now that I've got the MariStar 210 -- my obsession has been drastically increased to something greater. I don't even know what the next level of desire is; but that's where I fall. Maybe we can refer to it as "OBSESSION ON 'ROIDS!!!"

jsonova99
04-22-2005, 03:10 PM
I'm obsessed with anything to do with water-sports, and growing up, like many of you, around the water - you develop an early and deep appreciation for the fine machines that MasterCraft produces. I have spent trips being pulled by a "rigged" aluminum fishing boat with the Mercury outboard straining through the water while the emmaculate M/C's were tucked snugly away in their dry-docks.

Now that I've got the MariStar 210 -- my obsession has been drastically increased to something greater. I don't even know what the next level of desire is; but that's where I fall. Maybe we can refer to it as "OBSESSION ON 'ROIDS!!!"

I think you need a timeout ;)

tex
04-22-2005, 03:14 PM
I learned behind a top tenner bassboat. The number and kinds of boat that I have skied behind and around is so large that it makes my head hurt thinking about it. Glastrons, jet-boats, jet skis, zodiaks, bicyles, wave runners, skeeters, sn, bu, moombas, ski pro, american skier, ski supreme(i could go on forever w/inboards). It always comes back to one brand-MASTERCRAFT

jayocheskey
04-22-2005, 03:16 PM
I think you need a timeout ;)
Joe,
You've gotta realize, my first MasterCraft purchase was YESTERDAY!!! Anything I say, you can blame either on the alcohol or the adrenaline. Since I'm not much of a drinker - I'd say it's the adrenaline.

tex
04-22-2005, 03:17 PM
Joe,
You've gotta realize, my first MasterCraft purchase was YESTERDAY!!! Anything I say, you can blame either on the alcohol or the adrenaline. Since I'm not much of a drinker - I'd say it's the adrenaline.
Not much of a drinker? Are you sure that you are from Fort Worth?

jsonova99
04-22-2005, 03:17 PM
Joe,

I hear you, there's nothing cooler than getting a new toy! :woohoo:

tex
04-22-2005, 03:23 PM
Joe,
By the way-Congrats, and welcome to the club! The crackpipe is now in your mouth!

SKI*MC
04-22-2005, 10:29 PM
I have grown up skiing behinds MC's my whole life! A 77 S&S and our 83 S&S. Nothing is better, when your the first one on the lake, you let the boat glide off the trailer, and slip into the water, cranck the throttle a few times and let that V8 rore to life. Nothing gets better than skiing behind an MC.

Maybe just a weee bit obsessed!

bradamerry
04-22-2005, 10:33 PM
I have grown up skiing behinds MC's my whole life! A 77 S&S and our 83 S&S. Nothing is better, when your the first one on the lake, you let the boat glide off the trailer, and slip into the water, cranck the throttle a few times and let that V8 rore to life. Nothing gets better than skiing behind an MC.

Maybe just a weee bit obsessed!
We all understand!!!! It is a great life :D .

Granite_33
04-22-2005, 10:43 PM
You're obcess with your MC when in middle of the winter,you raise that cover to take a sniff of boatsmell...
Andre.....Some may think that sounds obsessed......

I love the smell of boat on a winter morning........It smells like..........victory.

Granite_33
04-22-2005, 10:44 PM
I learned behind a top tenner bassboat. The number and kinds of boat that I have skied behind and around is so large that it makes my head hurt thinking about it. Glastrons, jet-boats, jet skis, zodiaks, bicyles, wave runners, skeeters, sn, bu, moombas, ski pro, american skier, ski supreme(i could go on forever w/inboards). It always comes back to one brand-MASTERCRAFT
Tex,
Did you ever ski behind a Challenger like the toolmans?

bradamerry
04-22-2005, 10:46 PM
Tex,
See somebody had to go there!!! :banana:

erkoehler
04-23-2005, 01:42 AM
I want to go skiing really bad after reading those posts :cry:

Tennesseeski
04-23-2005, 10:56 AM
I want to go skiing really bad after reading those posts :cry:
Me too but mother nature is not on my side. The lake here is still a bit cold which after you get numb you can deal with that, but now they say we may get some SNOW tonight or the next. I gotta find a warm place for my boat. Had it in the water last weekend with temps in the 70's and now this. Somebody someplace warm make a run for me this weekend!!

roddydog
04-23-2005, 12:04 PM
I too started late, learning to ski at a friends cottage behind his I/O Doral (I was in my early 30's). We always ogled the MasterCraft 2 cottages down and nicknamed it "Jaws"
because of that lovely throaty rumble as she cruised down the lake. He got a new boat a few years ago, a Campion, brand new for 20K and change, I told him to look into a used MC but he wanted a new boat (piece of *rap by the way).
We bought a cottage just last year after 12 years at my friends I just needed my own place, I told the marina owner I now needed a ski boat and he pointed out a 1990 ProStar 190 on a trailer. Well a few weeks later it was mine and I'll tell you I am OBSESSED with it and cannot wait to get up there next weekend!!!! I am redoing the Teak platform thanks to some great input from you guys. It's going to be a great summer!!!!! :D

erkoehler
04-23-2005, 12:12 PM
Have fun with it....

SKI*MC
04-25-2005, 10:34 PM
nothings wrong with sniffing your boat, it brings back good memories

lakes Rick
04-25-2005, 10:39 PM

A$$, gas, or grass, nobody rides for free !!

MarkP
04-25-2005, 11:31 PM
I know what you mean.. My garage smells so good now that I brought the boat home. I missed that smell all winter.

BriEOD
04-26-2005, 07:30 AM
I know what you mean.. My garage smells so good now that I brought the boat home. I missed that smell all winter.

Mark you're scaring the children!

MarkP
04-26-2005, 08:25 AM
Dude

With three kids you have got to realize the alternative smells

BriEOD
04-26-2005, 08:58 AM
I have two, I know!! :D

scott88prostar
04-26-2005, 09:17 AM
I was buffing the boat last year when I realized I was singing ..."You are my Sunshine"...( used to sing that to the kids) I still remember the flush feeling of embarassment when I realized what I was doing.

MarkP
04-26-2005, 09:19 AM
I was buffing the boat last year when I realized I was singing ..."You are my Sunshine"...( used to sing that to the kids) I still remember the flush feeling of embarassment when I realized what I was doing.
Don’t give me any ideas!!:uglyhamme

tex
04-26-2005, 09:59 AM
Tex,
Dude, only the rich kids had Challengers!

MasterCrafting
04-26-2005, 10:25 AM
Mastercraft...it's really more of a way of life then a boat. To answer your question...both ;)

94PS190
04-26-2005, 03:47 PM
I have wanted a MC since I was about six yrs old. There was only one on our lake then and I thought it was the coolest boat on the lake. I love my MC! I just turned 34 and I still love the old Stars and Bars W/ curved glass.

JEREMY79
04-26-2005, 03:51 PM
To me there is nothing like nostalgia (oohoo big word!!). I have a 79. There is nothing like the sound, wake, or the look of the older boats.

tex
04-26-2005, 03:53 PM
To me there is nothing like nostalgia (oohoo big word!!). I have a 79. There is nothing like the sound, wake, or the look of the older boats.

I have a friend who has the old 1980 s&s. He thanks I'm crazy when I ask to drive his. It is like driving a go-cart. I love it!

JEREMY79
04-26-2005, 03:55 PM
I dont know about go cart. People think I'm crazy but I wouldnt trade my boat for a new one right now. I just dont think they are the same boats. Old school is not always bad.

tex
04-26-2005, 04:10 PM
I dont know about go cart. People think I'm crazy but I wouldnt trade my boat for a new one right now. I just dont think they are the same boats. Old school is not always bad.
drive a 197 like mine-then get in an old one. you will understand go cart! it's a good thing!

east tx skier
04-26-2005, 04:21 PM
Shoot, drive my 93 PS 205, then drive my father-in-law's 98 PS 205. It's night and day. It's like going from a go-kart to a Lincoln town car. More power, smoother ride, but not quite as nimble. Of course, who says they need to be all that nimble. They need to get to 36 quick and go very straight and resist the pull.

Jeremy would probably make the same comparison between his boat and my boat as I make between my boat and my father-in-law's. Put all of the boats in a line and it's amazing how huge they've gotten over the years. I find the 93 infinitely more nimble than the 98 at least as far as the 205s are concerned. I can't speak to the newer boats though. They sure do look sharp.

jsonova99
04-26-2005, 04:29 PM
My '91 PS190 does everything I could ever ask from a boat at this stage of my life. If I am ever able to get a place on a lake, then we'll talk about a new one. BUt for right now my '91 is fine. It's also kind of fun being a restoration in progress, I enojoy spending nights during the week monkeying around with stuff on it.

east tx skier
04-26-2005, 04:47 PM
Hey, I see no need to pay for a new one either. If I ever wear out the engine, it's still cheaper to buy one of those PCM MPI GT40s than a new boat.

By way of another analogy, I got the chance to ride in my friends 1980 Porsche 911 SC over the weekend. My Expedition is a lot smoother to drive on the highway. His car is, hands down, way cooler.

Like the man said, "It's a good thing."

jayocheskey
04-26-2005, 04:56 PM
Not much of a drinker? Are you sure that you are from Fort Worth?
not originally, went to school in Abilene

tex
04-26-2005, 05:01 PM
not originally, went to school in Abilene
If I had a beer for every one of my friend's who were kicked out of A.C.U. The funny part is that the wildest one-made it through! :headbang:

jayocheskey
04-26-2005, 05:03 PM
....and am "originally" from a lot further west and rural than Abilene, anybody ever heard of Denver City, TX

tex
04-26-2005, 05:08 PM
....and am "originally" from a lot further west and rural than Abilene, anybody ever heard of Denver City, TX

I have a ski buddy from Muleshoe. You can see San Diego from their house!

SKI*MC
04-27-2005, 11:20 PM
Man older is better, i have yet to see a new MC pull 7 barefooters off a dock and on top of the water like nothing! Not saying new MC's aren't great, but OLD SCHOOL ALL THE WAY!

erkoehler
04-28-2005, 09:51 AM
7 barefooters deep water is alot of pull! I would like to see that.....

mtrask
04-28-2005, 07:47 PM
I’ll bet she sure is happy when everything goes smoothly when you take the boat out,:toast: .

you no it!!

erkoehler
04-29-2005, 04:32 AM
Man older is better, i have yet to see a new MC pull 7 barefooters off a dock and on top of the water like nothing! Not saying new MC's aren't great, but OLD SCHOOL ALL THE WAY!

I smell a challenge! We gotta get two or three boats together to try this out.....

east tx skier
04-29-2005, 11:48 AM
I haven't seen it done, but I'm betting that one of the new boats with the 8.0L and a powerslot would be up to the task. I could be wrong.

MarkP
04-29-2005, 11:51 AM
I smell a challenge! We gotta get two or three boats together to try this out.....Go ahead.:rolleyes:

Can we use your boat:popcorn: ??

MasterMason
04-29-2005, 11:59 AM
Go ahead.:rolleyes:

oh that is gonna leave a mark

tex
04-29-2005, 01:10 PM
Go ahead.:rolleyes:

Mine won't do it. Find one that will and I will be one of the 7.

DanC
04-29-2005, 01:25 PM
Mark and MMason

JEREMY79
04-29-2005, 02:29 PM
OLD SCHOOL ALL THE WAY!

i will second that

SKI*MC
05-03-2005, 11:15 PM
well i was too young to remember seeing the 7 barefooters, maybe i wasnt born yet, but yeah, 7 bare footers deep water start! WOW! that still blows my mind! haha :woohoo: