PDA

View Full Version : Creative way to help pay for gas!

ski_king
04-21-2005, 11:04 PM
While searching Ebay, I came across this creative way (http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&category=23808&item=7151175740&rd=1) to help pay for gas.

BriEOD
04-21-2005, 11:16 PM
I saw that, very ingenuitive.

MarkP
04-22-2005, 12:04 AM
Heck with that. Iím just going to keep shopping at the Giant Eagle. Got a dollar twenty off per gallon on my fill up the other day. It was like the good old days, (under a buck)!!

SteveO
04-22-2005, 12:14 AM
Sizzler, are you going to start the Southern England version on your course? Some creative boys in Blackpool. May they are the same ones involved in the Crazy Girls show in Blackpool

erkoehler
04-22-2005, 01:20 AM
I saw an ad on ebay that was going to allow someone to paint whatever they wanted on half of the guys boat for advertisement. The bid was WAY up there to. Past 20,000 the last time I checked. (it ended awhile ago.) The boat owner gauranteed the boat to be on the water atleast 4 days per week, and also would bring the boat to any shows the advertisor wanted.

aprgriggs
04-22-2005, 10:11 AM
wow that is a good idea.....sure would make things cheaper.

They need to make one adjustment to the ad.....bring beer for the owner. :D

Tennesseeski
04-22-2005, 10:25 AM
Sounds like a cool idea. I like your idea about the beer for the owner aprgriggs!!!!! :toast: I'll drink to that!

sizzler
04-22-2005, 10:30 AM
Sizzler, are you going to start the Southern England version on your course? Some creative boys in Blackpool. May they are the same ones involved in the Crazy Girls show in Blackpool

steveo......blackpool is a great place indeed..the shows and bars never stop.......and some of the friendliest girls ive ever met ..after 10 pints. :toast:
things havent got that bad for me yet....but it is a good idea.....

ktn_cmu
04-22-2005, 10:45 AM
Heck with that. Iím just going to keep shopping at the Giant Eagle. Got a dollar twenty off per gallon on my fill up the other day. It was like the good old days, (under a buck)!!

WHAT??? More detail please...

east tx skier
04-22-2005, 12:12 PM
While searching Ebay, I came across this creative way (http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&category=23808&item=7151175740&rd=1) to help pay for gas.

They are so very close to having their insurance rates raised even though they insist they aren't making money off the deal. I believe them.

I'll stick to saving my receipts and getting the gas tax refund at the end of the year. Got $40 back last year. That's almost 3/4 of a tank. :cry:

east tx skier
04-22-2005, 12:13 PM
Got a dollar twenty off per gallon on my fill up the other day. It was like the good old days, (under a buck)!!

Say what? More info, please.

erkoehler
04-24-2005, 04:01 AM
Gas under 1.50???? What, I will drive to get that price..... :eek:

Tom Jones
04-24-2005, 09:34 PM
I don't know, sounds like an insurance nightmare to me.
I don't know what is like outside Canada but I'm pretty sure my boat insurance wouldn't be valid if I charge people for wakeboarding.

wakesport
05-06-2005, 01:59 PM
I run a small business to help pay for gas etc. I needed to get liability insurance to cover the business. Your regular boat insurance is probably void if you use your boat as a business.

http://personalpages.tds.net/~wakesport/

erkoehler
05-06-2005, 02:06 PM
I run a small business to help pay for gas etc. I needed to get liability insurance to cover the business. Your regular boat insurance is probably void if you use your boat as a business.

http://personalpages.tds.net/~wakesport/

Nice job on the web site. I prefer the more casual way of, if you consistently are on my boat, you better just offer to pay for gas. I may turn you down I may not. I try to follow the same rules. I always offer to help w/ gas money. $20 if you are just an extra and don't ski. $40 minimum if you are an active skier in the rotation. Or, just top off the tank.

wakesport
05-06-2005, 02:14 PM
Nice job on the web site. I prefer the more casual way of, if you consistently are on my boat, you better just offer to pay for gas. I may turn you down I may not. I try to follow the same rules. I always offer to help w/ gas money. $20 if you are just an extra and don't ski. $40 minimum if you are an active skier in the rotation. Or, just top off the tank.

I do that with my friends. But, before I bought a boat I was always looking for a way to ski. I would have been happy to pay someone to take me. I just never could find a reliable ride. Then I thought If I have that problem perhaps others do as well.

Now we have the business and the boat and I get to be out a lot all summer. This year we are doing Mini courses with the Wisconsin Union.

erkoehler
05-06-2005, 02:29 PM
I do that with my friends. But, before I bought a boat I was always looking for a way to ski. I would have been happy to pay someone to take me. I just never could find a reliable ride. Then I thought If I have that problem perhaps others do as well.

Now we have the business and the boat and I get to be out a lot all summer. This year we are doing Mini courses with the Wisconsin Union.

So has the business become profitable, or is it just away to get out on the water?

wakesport
05-06-2005, 07:32 PM
So has the business become profitable, or is it just away to get out on the water?

Not yet but we hope so this year.

Farmer Ted
05-06-2005, 07:45 PM

Dude, you're my hero

Farmer Ted
05-06-2005, 07:46 PM

Do you get to write off the cost of the boat?

WIldman do you see where I'm going with this?

Land, new 197, Sony 1080 HD video Camera,

bradamerry
05-06-2005, 07:51 PM
Do you get to write off the cost of the boat?

WIldman do you see where I'm going with this?

Land, new 197, Sony 1080 HD video Camera,
Yes I do... Let Brandy graduate and I will start my own business!!! I already have a plan :rolleyes: ... I will still keep the ol 87', too.

Ryan
05-06-2005, 09:01 PM
I am curious as to why this Ebay guy is no longer a registered user.

I can't imagine Ebay had an issue with the service offering since they did that co-branded ad with the Nissan Altima, offering a ride in the passenger seat (a spoof of course).

ski_king
05-06-2005, 09:24 PM
I see he didn't sell any rides on ebay. His web site (http://www.zagota2k.co.uk/adam/gallery.asp) is still up.

wakesupreme
05-09-2005, 07:20 AM
Hi, its my boat on ebay at the moment.

Yup i didnt pay the bills on an old ebay account and the bas**rds suspended my account, am trying to get it sorted out at the moment. Bit of a arse!! But the i built website myself, and let me asure you i dont make any cash at all!!

The buy it now link on ebay was just their if people wanted to pay their and then, but most people just wait and see how much the petrol costs and chip in their share and a little bit towards the boat and upkeep.

Thanks for all your support!! I am just a guy that faces the same problems everyone else except the pro's have and that is getting time on the water!!

If you want to come and have a blast, go to my website and get booked in!

BriEOD
05-09-2005, 07:51 AM
Hey Wakesupreme welcome to Team Talk mate. Cool idea and a nice way to meet chicks!! Don't be a stranger around here. We already have one resident Brit (Sizzler) but the more the merrier! Welcome aboard.