PDA

View Full Version : Looking for skiers in seattle/everett

bgreene
04-21-2005, 04:54 PM
Im a ski bum up here in seattle lookin for anyone who has afternoons off durring the week to go out. The summers already here, and I seem to never have anyone to go with me durring the day. Anyone interested e-mail me @ bryan@jnbconsulting.com.

Bryan

bradamerry
04-21-2005, 05:04 PM
We need to see that boat Bryan!!! Show some pics and good luck with the looking.. And welcome aboard!!!!

east tx skier
04-21-2005, 06:09 PM
Welcome, Bryan.

erkoehler
04-21-2005, 07:44 PM
Once again, to far for me, but welcome to the board.

MarkP
04-21-2005, 08:42 PM
Hey isnt lakesrick up that way??

Welcome aboard:wavey:

betsy&david Harrison
04-21-2005, 10:23 PM
Hi Bryan,

I have a hard time believing you can't find anyone to ski with up there. What lake are you near? People ski Lake Washington early in the morning....go venture out some day and check it out. Is there a lake near Snowqualamie? Or is that Lake Washington?

Betsy

bgreene
04-22-2005, 06:54 AM
Thanks everyone! The board seems like a great place! Betsy, you are totally correct, there are tons of people to ski with both on lake washington and lake stevens (north of seattle) and lake sammamish (east of lk washington) in the early mornings, but my trouble is durring the week, I work from about 2am to 11, and there are many days, like yesterday and probably today too, that the water is just glass, and believe it or not, its sunny and warm up here! and when I get off work, all I want to do is ski, and only sometimes have a second, but rarely have a 3rd...so looking for someone who maybe is interested in going out around noon or just after on the days when the wind isnt kickin too much!

Thanks everyone!
Bryan

betsy&david Harrison
04-22-2005, 01:28 PM
Thanks everyone! The board seems like a great place! Betsy, you are totally correct, there are tons of people to ski with both on lake washington and lake stevens (north of seattle) and lake sammamish (east of lk washington) in the early mornings, but my trouble is durring the week, I work from about 2am to 11, and there are many days, like yesterday and probably today too, that the water is just glass, and believe it or not, its sunny and warm up here! and when I get off work, all I want to do is ski, and only sometimes have a second, but rarely have a 3rd...so looking for someone who maybe is interested in going out around noon or just after on the days when the wind isnt kickin too much!

Thanks everyone!
Bryan
I'm envious that you ski up there! The lakes are gorgeous. Try looking into ski clubs in the area. On the Internet you can try "Ski Clubs" and it should take you to your area. I'm sure you can get someone to ski with you. They have all the ski corportations up that way too. Those guys would ski anytime.

rodltg2
04-22-2005, 01:39 PM
i dont know if this place is near you but it looks awesome.

http://www.warmanlake.com/defaultFRM.html

bgreene
04-22-2005, 01:53 PM
I'm envious that you ski up there! The lakes are gorgeous. Try looking into ski clubs in the area. On the Internet you can try "Ski Clubs" and it should take you to your area. I'm sure you can get someone to ski with you. They have all the ski corportations up that way too. Those guys would ski anytime.

Thanks Betsy! I will definately do that! My parents know Gordy Holmes @ Connelly just down the street from us, so I am going to try and touch base with him. If you ever make it up here let me know, and we'll take ya for a pull!

Thx
Bryan

bgreene
04-22-2005, 01:54 PM
i dont know if this place is near you but it looks awesome.

http://www.warmanlake.com/defaultFRM.html

That is a great lake! Its about 3 hours (with a boat behind you!) from us, closer to the folks in portland, but well worth the drive!

Bryan