PDA

View Full Version : MasterCraft in Dallas/Fort Worth Area

jayocheskey
04-21-2005, 01:41 PM
Any more proud MasterCraft owners in the Metroplex or surrounding area?

east tx skier
04-21-2005, 01:43 PM
Depends what you want to call surrounding areas. I'm 80 miles east of Dallas. But then again, Fort Worth isn't exactly right next door. Welcome to the board. There are several DFW folks on the board.

tex
04-21-2005, 01:57 PM
Any more proud MasterCraft owners in the Metroplex or surrounding area?

i'm in the town of the cow! where are you?

jayocheskey
04-21-2005, 04:44 PM
I'm in South Fort Worth. Just purchased our very first MasterCraft. Been spending summers at the lake drooling over them for the past 2 and a half decades.

The dream has finally been realized. I know it's just a machine, but what an amazing machine it is.

jayocheskey
04-21-2005, 04:45 PM
I've got a great friend out in Sulphur Springs -- pretty good rider.

erkoehler
04-21-2005, 04:45 PM
Welcome to the board, but i am nowhere near TX.

jayocheskey
04-21-2005, 04:48 PM
Welcome to the board, but i am nowhere near TX.

Thanks erko, I appreciate the compliment on my boat too.

erkoehler
04-21-2005, 04:50 PM
We are just all one big happy family, well sometimes we are happy..... :woohoo:

Larryp
04-21-2005, 04:50 PM
I am in Waxahachie. Anytime you need a partner hit me with a pm. I tend to spend a lot of time on the Mastercraft.

erkoehler
04-21-2005, 04:52 PM
"am in Waxahachie. Anytime you need a partner hit me with a pm. I tend to spend a lot of time on the Mastercraft"

the web page that is~ :uglyhamme

jayocheskey
04-21-2005, 04:58 PM
I am in Waxahachie. Anytime you need a partner hit me with a pm. I tend to spend a lot of time on the Mastercraft.

Please don't hold this against me. I am a teacher/coach at Everman High School. I've spent a few nights out in Waxahachie these past few months with either basketball or football teams. Very nice town!

east tx skier
04-21-2005, 05:07 PM
Jay, what kind of MC did you get?

erkoehler
04-21-2005, 05:07 PM
As long as you don't assign useless homework! How about this one for the first day of class:

Okay, we need some supplies for the classroom. Each student needs to bring in 2 items off the following list.

-Overtons Yellow turn ball
-Overtons Orange turn ball
-MC impeller
-MC boat cleaner
-MC decal for _______
-Gas Gift cards to local station
-Anything else MC related, or ski related.....

NO KLEENEX :D

tex
04-21-2005, 05:13 PM
Please don't hold this against me. I am a teacher/coach at Everman High School. I've spent a few nights out in Waxahachie these past few months with either basketball or football teams. Very nice town!
I'm sure that I know some of your students!

jayocheskey
04-21-2005, 05:24 PM
Jay, what kind of MC did you get?

I got an '04 MariStar with the Indmar MCX 350HP. Boat also came with flight tower. I'm headed to Brownwood next weekend to start breaking it in.

I'm gonna have to remember that list for next year erko. What an excellent idea! I wonder how many parents would go for it?

jayocheskey
04-21-2005, 05:26 PM

Just checked your profile and saw your occupation. I laughed out loud. You probably do.

Tom Wortham
04-21-2005, 05:55 PM
Jay O,
Welcome to the board. I live up in Plano, TX but keep my MC down on Cedar Creek Lake (about 1.5 hours south east of Dallas).
What year and model MC did you end up getting. I'm an Old School owner. 86, owned it for over 10 years. You will love this site! :D

aprgriggs
04-21-2005, 07:06 PM
I am up by Lake Lewisville....if any of you Ft. Worth guys are ever in my area give me a shout. We are out all the time.

Larryp
04-21-2005, 07:38 PM
Tex I do believe that you are in law enforcement, is that correct. :popcorn:

SteveO
04-22-2005, 12:03 AM
More like the fox guarding the hen house.

SteveO
04-22-2005, 12:05 AM
Jay O,
Welcome to the board. I live up in Plano, TX but keep my MC down on Cedar Creek Lake (about 1.5 hours south east of Dallas).
What year and model MC did you end up getting. I'm an Old School owner. 86, owned it for over 10 years. You will love this site! :D
Tom, What part of CC are you on. I have some friends and make it out their once or twice a year. They are on the far East (i think) part of the lake. Their is a course on the south shore outside of their cove.

erkoehler
04-22-2005, 01:22 AM
Glad you liked that idea for the students! I know I would have been best friends with any of my teachers knowing they had a MC.

jayocheskey
04-22-2005, 01:30 AM
Glad you liked that idea for the students! I know I would have been best friends with any of my teachers knowing they had a MC.

Great point! I remember my high school days; I'd do anything to get pulled behind a sweet boat. I may need to start "forgetting" my lunch and see which students are willing to help a teacher in need. J/K

jayocheskey
04-22-2005, 01:32 AM
Jay O,

Tom,
We are now the PROUD owners of an '04 MariStar 210 w/ Indmar MCX 350 hp and a tower - CANNOT wait to get behind it. Tremendous upgrade from my grandfathers '82 glastron i/o!

erkoehler
04-22-2005, 01:32 AM
Dude, i would have made you a lunch everyday! You gotta start using that MC to your benefit.

Ever think of creating a ski team at your school! Then, you could get school funds for maintenance and gas! :banana:

You gotta be smart and set this up correct though, you don't want to be where Michael Jackson is :eek:

tex
04-22-2005, 09:39 AM
community corrections. They don't trust me with a gun.

tex
04-22-2005, 09:40 AM
More like the fox guarding the hen house.
Steve-Are you calling me foxy?

SteveO
04-22-2005, 11:38 AM
Steve-Are you calling me foxy?

NFW!!!!!!! :eek:

planoboy
04-22-2005, 12:11 PM
Work in Plano, live in Oak Point.
Stone's throw from Dallas Corinthian Yacht Club.
http://www.dcyc.org/map2.htm

aprgriggs
04-22-2005, 04:33 PM
Work in Plano, live in Oak Point.
Stone's throw from Dallas Corinthian Yacht Club.
http://www.dcyc.org/map2.htm

planoboy, we are always out on Lewisville on the corinth side. Say hi if you see a Blue flake X9.

G-man
04-22-2005, 04:49 PM
When I kept my at Dallas Corinthian we would go due west over to the Big Sandy ramp area and ski the point with the south wind protection. Watch out for the two concrete piers that show up during low water. I had fallen just before them as my driver was getting ready to pull me up the prop just grazed one of them then my butt went over the other one. We got them marked by the Corps but the bouys were gone a while later.

Tom Wortham
04-22-2005, 05:00 PM
Steve, I am on the north side. If you make it up that far... I am a couple of coves to the left of the "Light House" (from the water)... Yes, I said Light House. I do get to the south end often. I have heard of that course... but, have not gone through it. :mad: Need to. Maybe this year. Do you know who owns the course?
Tom, What part of CC are you on. I have some friends and make it out their once or twice a year. They are on the far East (i think) part of the lake. Their is a course on the south shore outside of their cove.

planoboy
04-22-2005, 06:19 PM
Watch out for the two concrete piers that show up during low water. I had fallen just before them as my driver was getting ready to pull me up the prop just grazed one of tem then my butt went over the other one. We got them marked by the Corps but the bouys were gone a while later.

You gotta qualify location on those concrete piers! :eek:
Are they on the South side of the lake? Near Big Sandy park?
You kept a power boat at DCYC? I thought it is sail only.

thanks in advance for appx locale on those concrete piers :toast:

east tx skier
04-22-2005, 06:28 PM
Come on, now it wouldn't be any fun if he just told you. Where's the sport in that? :cool:

/If I knew, I'd tell you.

G-man
04-22-2005, 06:31 PM
I beleive the ramp is called Big Sandy a few miles north of the Hundley exit. Shady Shores area. Like I said due west of DCYC. DCYC has 24 covered slips, I was fortunate to have one for about 2 1/2 years. If you want to come by where I work in Lewisville during the week we can look at a map together.

jayocheskey
04-26-2005, 05:32 PM
April,
We may be out at Lewisville this Saturday if the weather is nice.

Ryno
04-29-2005, 01:44 PM
I live in Dallas as well and co-own an yellow and white '01 Xstar and we ride on Ray Hubbard, Lewisville, and every once in a while on Grapevine.

aprgriggs
04-29-2005, 01:53 PM
we will definately be out this weekend....Lake lewisville....probably before lunch.

If you see a Blue flake X9 please say hi.

April

aprgriggs
05-01-2005, 09:41 PM
Well Sunday was great. I only saw a prostar and new xstar. Was anyone out on Lewisiville today....we were looking for you. If you saw us and didn't say high then shame on you. ;)

Hope every ones day went as good as ours. :)

Got to love Texas. :D