PDA

View Full Version : How do you access fuel pump/sender on 96 Prostar?

Chicago190
07-15-2008, 09:54 PM
I have a 1996 Prostar 190 and my fuel gauge is stuck at 3/4 of a tank. I assume this is the problem of the float getting stuck, but I've never tried to access the fuel tank before. How do I get at it?

Sodar
07-15-2008, 10:05 PM
I have a 1996 Prostar 190 and my fuel gauge is stuck at 3/4 of a tank. I assume this is the problem of the float getting stuck, but I've never tried to access the fuel tank before. How do I get at it?

Remove the rear seat, the rear side bolsters and finally the lower access panel. Once these upholstery peices are removed, you will need to disconnect the fuel fill and vent lines on the tank and unscrew the brackets that hold the tank in. From there, slide the tank out, remove the 6 screws holding the sender in and you've got it.

Chicago190
07-15-2008, 10:08 PM
Remove the rear seat, the rear side bolsters and finally the lower access panel. Once these upholstery peices are removed, you will need to disconnect the fuel fill and vent lines on the tank and unscrew the brackets that hold the tank in. From there, slide the tank out, remove the 6 screws holding the sender in and you've got it.

The rear floor section stays in, I assume? Thanks for the help

Chicago190
07-15-2008, 10:10 PM
Also, are there any maintenance items I should replace while I have access?

Sodar
07-15-2008, 10:21 PM
The rear floor section stays in, I assume? Thanks for the help

Yes, the rear floor can stay in or come out... it does not matter.

Also, are there any maintenance items I should replace while I have access?

Not really... maybe grease the rudder port and the steering cable... other than that, the fuel pump and filter are both on the motor side...