PDA

View Full Version : iPOD HELP!!!!

FHMan1905
07-15-2008, 09:16 PM
i went to update a bunch of songs today on my iPOD and it didn't update but about half because it said the files couldn't be found ... yeah all my songs were on my playlist on iTUNES but when i tried to just play them i had to find the files....any suggestions?

I am not smart with this stuff

atlfootr
07-15-2008, 09:48 PM
i went to update a bunch of songs today on my iPOD and it didn't update but about half because it said the files couldn't be found ... yeah all my songs were on my playlist on iTUNES but when i tried to just play them i had to find the files....

I am not smart with this stuff, any suggestions?

Obviously not, but that's ok.
There's plenty of us on here who can help ...
Unfortunely I'm not one of 'em, certainly someone will come along who can.

All I can do is give you the reassureance that the music is still somewhere on your hardrive.
:uglyhamme:uglyhamme

FHMan1905
07-15-2008, 09:52 PM
i sure hope so.....i can find the music easy on my hard drive it just won't update all (70) songs ... just about half of them...and the iPOD is no where near full....

atlfootr
07-15-2008, 09:54 PM
I did a quick search in the iTunes Help section ..
Have you attempted that?

Adding songs to iPod automatically

You can set up iTunes so that when you connect your iPod to your computer, the songs and playlists on your iPod automatically update to match the iTunes library on your computer.

FHMan1905
07-15-2008, 09:57 PM
yeah...it always automatically updates when i plug it in....it is saying that certain songs are missing files or something...i am re downloading all of them now to see if maybe something screwed up in the download from frostwire.....i have searched all through iTunes help They won't even play in iTunes....

atlfootr
07-15-2008, 10:00 PM
Maybe some of the files from the dwnload might be corrupted :confused:
I'm not sure ... when all else fails use iTunes Help Section.
That's why it's installed into iTunes :wavey:

Chicago190
07-15-2008, 11:45 PM
The files that couldn't be found were either moved or renamed.

Delete the songs that couldn't be found from your iTunes Library (do not delete them from your computer). Then just re-add the songs that you removed from the iTunes Library.

If you rename or move your music files, then when you try to play them iTunes assumes they are in a certain location/name, but they aren't there so it isn't able to play them.

FHMan1905
07-15-2008, 11:55 PM
thanks chi.....it worked...after i re-downloaded all them i noticed it saved them to the wrong file the first time...so i changed the folder and moved them and now they are all on my iPOD....thanks

thijs
07-16-2008, 01:16 AM
Glad to hear that you got them all on there. I was going to suggest that if you had new USB item on your computer that can cause conflicts. I cannot plug in my second ipod shuffle while my external HD is connected (which is where my songs are kept), but my other two ipods are fine. It is just that the new ipod was put on after and my computer has a lot of USB applications which it needs to remember. Cameras, ipods, printers, mice, keyboards, HD's.

So I had to load all my songs onto my laptop too:( and I have to sync my third ipod friom here.

Glad you got it going either way. Mine took a long time to diagnose, phone calls, emails, shipping back ipods..................... :(

djhuff
07-16-2008, 08:56 AM
thijs, don't ever open iTunes without the external hard drive connected. It won't be able to find the songs, and then when you plug it back in, it still doesn't recognize them.

I've got 30G of music, and not all of it I want in iTunes, it's a real pain to have to go back through and delete what I don't want while filtering through that many songs.

FlatBoard
07-16-2008, 09:40 PM
When you open your Itunes on the computer - select to manually manage your music on the front page. That way you can add, delete or sync only the songs you want. This will eliminate the problems associated with auto update. I am currently updating my Ipod as we speak (type). I have a 30 gig Ipod and at the present time have about 2500 songs. When you plug in your Ipod to the computer, Itunes should automatically open, then highlight and drag the songs you want to add from your library to your Ipod.

This may help you in the future if you decide to try the manual manage feature. Good luck and keep on rockin'.

FHMan1905
07-16-2008, 09:52 PM
cool...thanks...

FHMan1905
07-17-2008, 12:30 AM
Got iTunes and my iPod working smoothly now....Thanks for all the help everyone....

atlfootr
07-17-2008, 07:24 PM
Glad to hear your back up' n runn'n 8p