PDA

View Full Version : Fayetteville, NC July 22-24

ProStar Slalom
07-15-2008, 01:43 PM
I'll be in Fayetteville, NC next week on business. I'll have time in the evenings to ski...can anyone provide a pull or let me know of a place to ski? Looks like Coble's is booked for the week. Thanks....

Monte
07-15-2008, 02:31 PM
6 hr drive for me, otherwise I'd give you a pull or two.. Several folks on here from Raleigh. They are much closer.

IE bump

Cary K.
07-15-2008, 02:50 PM
You can try posting on www.endofropegang.com
NC site, mostly wakeboarders, but you may get lucky. Or at least get some info on the area. Carolina Lakes, White Lake, Baytree Lakes are the few that come to mind in that area.
I'm only about an hr or so from Fayetteville, but my boat is in the shop currently. If I get it back in time, and you would want to drive an hr or so for a pull behind a V-drive, then I will be happy to drag you around.

Gonzo
07-15-2008, 03:27 PM
We ski on Jordan or Harris but thats a good 2-2.5 hrs from you.

Hrkdrivr
07-15-2008, 03:30 PM
Try to get hold of Hammer w/a PM or something. When I was new in town (Fayetteville) I met him at Lake Jordan (about 1.5 hour drive north). Carolina Lakes and Carolina Trace are closer and better for slalom but one of them is private, although someone on this board probably lives there. It was cool to see the lake and meet some folks before I got my boat into town. Very nice guy and great skier and I think he likes the after work sessions. He also has some postings on the End of Rope Gang site mentioned above.

Dunno if we'll be going to the lake on those days but will let you know if we do...but our boat isn't really a slalom tug. If you're a hard-core slalom guy you might even get hives being on a mostly-wakeboarding boat :-)

Gonzo
07-15-2008, 03:38 PM
Thats who I ski with, we just go off of the phone. We may go monday, tuesday or thursday.... as yet undecided. Tues or thursday will fit with those dates I think.

ProStar Slalom
07-15-2008, 06:21 PM
Thanks for the help, guys. I'll wait for Hammer to check in. Where are these private lakes you speak of? Can I do a shameless drive-by and hope for a pull?

Gonzo
07-15-2008, 06:32 PM
O and we have know of a course and have the balls for it, but its on a public lake.

Hammer
07-15-2008, 10:08 PM
If your willing to head up this way I'll be glade to get you some pulls. Just let me know how your schedule works out and we'll see it we can make it happen. As Gonzo said Tues or thurs are best but others are not out of the question. It been a few weeks since We've been able to do the week thing work and vacation. But I'm ready to get to it.