PDA

View Full Version : America's Largest Brewery

east tx skier
07-14-2008, 10:10 AM
Looks like the Boston Brewery is now the largest American owned brewery. Buy American. Drink Sam Adams!

http://www.brookstonbeerbulletin.com/samuel-adams-biggest-american-brewer/

Mag_Red
07-14-2008, 10:21 AM
hey at least I can say I drink a fine imported beer now:D

jkski
07-14-2008, 10:49 AM
And to think, I bought stock in Boston Beer Co. a number of years back when they went public, just to say I owned part of it......maybe it will finally be worth something!!!
Drink more Sam Adams, help support the cause!!!

T Scott
07-14-2008, 10:50 AM
I'm sorry, this is sad! Bud is an american icon and should have remained that way! This Belgian company that bought them should stick to waffles!

captain planet
07-14-2008, 11:03 AM
I love Sam Adams beers. I really like the specialty brews that they brew and put in their Holiday pack around November and December. Also I think their White Ale that they brew for spring may be one of my favorite beers right now. The Summer Ale is also good.

So long to the "King of Beers". Sad, real sad. :rant:

ShamrockIV
07-14-2008, 11:11 AM
did u guys see the price tag for BUD???? that was a B at the end of the price!!! dang!!! well i guess kasey kaine will get another new sponsor for next year lol!!

Monte
07-14-2008, 11:13 AM
Good thing I switched my beer of choice a few months back. Sam Adams Light has replaced Bud Light in my book. White ale is really good too. Not a big fan of the Summer Ale.

Tis sad... I guess they need to change the colors on the can.

ShamrockIV
07-14-2008, 11:20 AM
hey monte how is carolina??? i hear u can't make the bash :(

damaged442
07-14-2008, 11:29 AM
Where does Yuengling rank in size in comparison to Boston? That's a decent sized American brewery. Granted, they still only selectively distribute. It's funny when you see how much Sam Adams has grown over the last several years. I remember when FX Matt (Saranac) was doing Sam Adams bottling.
56 billion is a fairly sick price tag. We'll see how many of the breweries they keep open. They say they want to keep corporate headquarters here, and all breweries running, but I know more than just a few people that will no longer drink Bud as a result of this. Good luck A-B.

east tx skier
07-14-2008, 11:45 AM
I love Sam Adams beers. I really like the specialty brews that they brew and put in their Holiday pack around November and December. Also I think their White Ale that they brew for spring may be one of my favorite beers right now. The Summer Ale is also good.

So long to the "King of Beers". Sad, real sad. :rant:

I like a lot of their beers, but the Boston Lager gives me a headache.

east tx skier
07-14-2008, 11:46 AM
Where does Yuengling rank in size in comparison to Boston? That's a decent sized American brewery. Granted, they still only selectively distribute. It's funny when you see how much Sam Adams has grown over the last several years. I remember when FX Matt (Saranac) was doing Sam Adams bottling.
56 billion is a fairly sick price tag. We'll see how many of the breweries they keep open. They say they want to keep corporate headquarters here, and all breweries running, but I know more than just a few people that will no longer drink Bud as a result of this. Good luck A-B.

Not sure about size, but Yuengling has the distinction of being the oldest IIRC.

flipper
07-14-2008, 11:46 AM
On to a new beer for me I guess

captain planet
07-14-2008, 11:48 AM
I like a lot of their beers, but the Boston Lager gives me a headache.

I have to agree. I can only drink 1 or 2 of the Boston Lager at a time. Gives me cotton mouth.

That Holiday Porter and the Fezzwig Ale that are in the Holiday pack are 2 of my favorite dark beers. Sadly, you can only get these two beers in that pack, they are not sold separately.

captain planet
07-14-2008, 11:57 AM
I have started to bring Yuengling back to the lake for two of my buddies when I travel through PA. It is decent, a little different from Anheiser Busch or Miller products. I guess if you can't get it all the time there is something special about it.

Monte
07-14-2008, 12:36 PM
hey monte how is carolina??? i hear u can't make the bash :(

NC is great.. Working on buying a new to me house.. You probably saw the thread. I am currently doing all the stuff to my current house I have put off forever and a day so I can sell it;) Thus my reason for not attending the FL or the TN gatherings..:(

Now back to topic..

east tx skier
07-14-2008, 12:38 PM
There are nearly 2,000 microbreweries/craft breweries in the United States today. In 1980, there were fewer than 15. If you don't have your heart set on an 18 pack, you can really taste an enormous variety of well produced domestic beer (of course, AB had a limited stake in a lot of these breweries, i.e., it owned 25% of Widmer Bros.

While I don't care for the taste of Budweiser, I really admire the consistency in taste that they are able to achieve. No matter where you get it around the world, it tastes the same.