PDA

View Full Version : 3-way switch - changed

wakeX2wake
07-14-2008, 11:10 AM
so... i had to replace a switch on my '07 X2... the switch actually controls my forward facing tower lights so the switch has three positions... left=power, middle=off, and right=power... the switch the dealer sent me is different from the one that was originally in the boat... the switch the dealer sent me has 2 more prongs on the bottom... i got the switch replaced but the red LED doesn't light up...

#1 - what am i missing here to get the LED to light up when the switch is in one of the "on" positions

#2 - i want to be able to run a power wire off this switch so when i wire in LED lights in my speaker grilles on my tower i can turn them on and off seperately from my other LED lights (colored lights on the exterior of a boat when the boat is "running" is apparently illegal in AL)... anyone have a shematic for the terminals on a 3-way switch... i.e. i want to flip the switch left and turn on forward facing tower lights and and right to power on LED lights in speaker grilles

wakeX2wake
07-14-2008, 11:58 AM
noone?...

ideas?...

if nothing else i can figure it out by plug by plug method... will post findings