PDA

View Full Version : Electric Pressure Washer Recommendation

JohnnyB
07-12-2008, 01:43 PM
Looking to purchase a pressure washer....going to be a quick purpose as the local fly population has really messed up my siding and we have an open house (our home is for sale) tomorrow.

Any suggestions....looking to go to Home Depot or Sears or Menards to get an electric pressure washer.

Mag_Red
07-12-2008, 03:41 PM
IMHO........electrics are not worth a damn.......The small gas ones are what I would call relatively inexpensive these days and have more psi than the electrics.:)

atlfootr
07-12-2008, 03:57 PM
For the first time, I finally agree w/ Mag on something :rolleyes:
Those electric pwshr's are crap :rant:
In fact, I wouldn't even waste my gas or time driving to HD or Lowes for one of thoses.

Your better off using a garden hose and a broom to clean your siding ...
But if you must RENT one at Home Depot, instead if it's just for a day.

Gonzo
07-12-2008, 04:40 PM
They are good for teak and decks because they are not so strong as to splinter right off the bat. Kind of like a dummy light for deck cleaning. but if you have sense enough to lower the pressure gas is the way to go!

wakolman
07-12-2008, 05:21 PM
Menards has some gas powered washers for $250-$400. Can even get a Honda engine in them. C'mon, like you don't need another gas engine to maintain.

ProTour X9
07-12-2008, 05:31 PM
They are good for teak and decks because they are not so strong as to splinter right off the bat. Kind of like a dummy light for deck cleaning. but if you have sense enough to lower the pressure gas is the way to go!

Just hold it back a little ways....8p

JohnnyB
07-12-2008, 06:22 PM
Borrowed an electric one to do the job.....a little anemic for blasting black fly crap off the siding. The scrub brush worked much better.

Will be shopping for another "cylinder" for my garage.