PDA

View Full Version : New prop for 2000 XStar...

jroth142
07-11-2008, 08:10 PM
Hey guys,
I purchased a 00' Xstar about 2 months ago and have started looking at props (has the 310HP Predator). I run approx 2000k of ballast and it does pretty decent as far as getting out of the hole, definitely not spectacular though. With gas prices, I figured it may be worth checking into a new prop. ACME recommended either the 1273 for approx 1200lbs ballast or the 1235 for 2k of ballast. Can anyone out there tell me what they're running? I haven't checked into any OJ props yet. I'm really not looking to spend a ton of cash though so I'm hoping to maybe pick up a used or re-furbished one online if possible.
Any advice/opinions would be great!
Thanks

Chicago190
07-11-2008, 08:23 PM
Hey guys,
I run approx 2000k of ballast and it does
Thanks

No wonder its a little slow out of the hole!

In all seriousness, both Acme and OJ offer similar props and they know what they are doing. I would definately follow their recommendations. In fact, I think both of them will send you more than one prop to test and then you can send back the one you don't want.

TMCNo1
07-11-2008, 09:30 PM
Contact Eric, here, http://www.ojprops.com/, he will work with you!

alletric
07-11-2008, 10:38 PM
Hey guys,
I purchased a 00' Xstar about 2 months ago and have started looking at props (has the 310HP Predator). I run approx 2000k of ballast and it does pretty decent as far as getting out of the hole, definitely not spectacular though. With gas prices, I figured it may be worth checking into a new prop. ACME recommended either the 1273 for approx 1200lbs ballast or the 1235 for 2k of ballast. Can anyone out there tell me what they're running? I haven't checked into any OJ props yet. I'm really not looking to spend a ton of cash though so I'm hoping to maybe pick up a used or re-furbished one online if possible.
Any advice/opinions would be great!
Thanks

Dear lord my boat weighs just over 2000 lbs. No wonder I am cussing artificial wakes every weekend.

jroth142
07-11-2008, 10:45 PM
OK...that would be some serious ballast! My bad.
Thanks for the info though so far.