PDA

View Full Version : What have you lost in the lake?

thijs
07-11-2008, 08:03 PM
Jumped off the back to go get the tow rig just before a storm as there was no room on the public docks. I was only 10 feet from shore but in over 10 feet of water. Got the keys before they hit bottom, say good bye to the Spy Clint Sunglasses :( Too merky and cold to find them.

Naste Craft
07-11-2008, 08:21 PM
Fishing pole, sunglasses, beer.....

verginity8p;)

J/k

thijs
07-11-2008, 08:26 PM
verginity

Considered using this as an option, but really I wanted to keep it family friendly ;) I did word the question loosely enough ("lost") to keep it as an option under "other, specify"

Another option was "An entire X-Star"

Chicago190
07-11-2008, 08:27 PM
Sunglasses. Had a pair of croakies on them and assumed they would float if they fell off. Well I got pushed into the lake, sunglasses came out of the croakies strap and sank.

ProTour X9
07-11-2008, 08:30 PM
I said sunglasses but they were really my glasses:eek:. I was trying to be cool:cool: and whip the rope out of the boat before I jumped in with my ski, somehow the glasses got hooked on the rope. That didn't go over well.:noface: Lets just say I learnt my lesson.;)

ski_king
07-11-2008, 09:01 PM
More than my share of hats and towels.

And the plug for the boat......

TMCNo1
07-11-2008, 09:26 PM
My cotton pickin' mind!

FrankSchwab
07-11-2008, 09:41 PM
My wife's wedding ring.

She took it off for skiing, put it in the pocket of her shirt, carefully folded it up and put it away. Later in the day, she used the shirt as a cover-up. When she bent over the rail to grab a rope, plop! right into 100 feet of water. We now call that spot in the lake "Diamond point". Fortunately, we had a rider on the insurance policy for the ring.

That was a lesson a buddy tried to teach me long ago - he had a waterproof bag on his boat, and every day, asked everyone on the boat to stick watches, wallets, jewelery, etc. in it. I used to think he was being silly.

/frank

Chief
07-11-2008, 09:55 PM
Lots of money.

Roonie's
07-11-2008, 10:04 PM
Lots of money.

same...... but well worth it.

snork
07-11-2008, 10:28 PM
I lost the will to go work. But on the other hand without work no gas.

Linkster
07-11-2008, 10:28 PM
My father always has to drop a ski. Almost lost two that way. Now we have a garage sale ski for the second

TX.X-30 fan
07-11-2008, 11:34 PM
Fishing rod??? Is this the CSX thread?? Like ski king, towels, t's, sunglasses, and I was famous for hats. Could anyone ever imagine how fast a hat can sink? :D

Jonathan94
07-11-2008, 11:50 PM
Camera, sunglasses, and a couple of hats

TMCNo1
07-12-2008, 12:09 AM
Fishing rod??? Is this the CSX thread?? Like ski king, towels, t's, sunglasses, and I was famous for hats. Could anyone ever imagine how fast a hat can sink? :D

Not as fast as a good MC towel, you'd think they were made from lead!

TX.X-30 fan
07-12-2008, 12:26 AM

#1 I had 4 of those, I think they all blew out in the no wake zone. :rolleyes:

Ric
07-12-2008, 12:29 AM
I lost a few friends....... When you ski as good as me, it tends to embarass friends and they disappear8p

Gonzo
07-12-2008, 12:49 AM
you knew sunglasses was going to win

TX.X-30 fan
07-12-2008, 12:53 AM
I lost a few friends....... When you ski as good as me, it tends to embarass friends and they disappear8p

Not the reason at all, stop skiing in the Speedo!!! 8p

suedv
07-12-2008, 01:11 AM
over the years these things have been lost from our boat/boat trailer, license plate from the trailer, anchors, a pair of prescription eye glasses, hats, sun glasses. a life jacket...

Aric'sX15
07-12-2008, 01:49 AM
looks like I'm the only one who has dropped the MC keys in the lake. Ha, well that is what I get for being dumb!

thijs
07-12-2008, 02:04 AM
Fishing rod??? Is this the CSX thread?? Like ski king, towels, t's, sunglasses, and I was famous for hats. Could anyone ever imagine how fast a hat can sink?

Well so far, 6 have been lost......
atlfootr, Chicago190, c_craig, h2oskiier222, Naste Craft, ShamrockIV

ProTour X9
07-12-2008, 11:35 AM
Not me, but my dad dropped the 150$ Remote Control for our boat lift in the water, luckily after it dried out and a new battery it worked like new.

Ric
07-12-2008, 01:12 PM
That could be the problem

Willski
07-12-2008, 05:17 PM
We lost my wife's ski. Got done skiing, she got in the boat, we took a ride. Later, I asked here where it was.....she just had a blank stare. Went looking and never found it. Very calm night on the river with not too many boats out, one of which I'm certain picked up the ski and thought they needed it worse than we did. I ordered another one the next day.

JohnnyB
07-12-2008, 06:24 PM
Accidentally left my stick on the platform one time after skiing.....remembered it just as I was driving away..

Ric
07-12-2008, 06:27 PM
For the record, I have never lost my platform :purplaugh:

WTRSK1R
07-12-2008, 06:45 PM
Sunglasses...prescription sunglasses. I was really lucky though was able to find them with a mask and was only in about 10 feet of water. There was no choice for swim goggles, but I swear my kids loose a set almost every summer.

Steve

slalomdude
07-12-2008, 07:45 PM
I was up by UW Stout to pull the Frost Bite Figure 8. After pulling the event a group of us went to my freinds house to do some after hours footing between the hours of sunset and sunrise. When we were done I pulled some of my stuff out of the boat and put my iPod in the front pocket of my hoodie. when I hopped out of the boat I heared a small slash. When I looked at the water I saw the glow of the display light up and shut off. After a few choice words I found it after a little while. I was able to turn it on but when I did an unhappy face was on the screen.:(

Gonzo
07-13-2008, 09:27 AM

You laugh but last time I skiied with Lewis Fields (Adam Fields dad) he was wearing a "european" suit. Now to his credit he had shorts on over until he skied and then he reapplied the shorts when he got out.

loeweb
07-13-2008, 11:40 AM
On Vacation a couple of years ago, I lost our cabin keys off the dock. Spent over an hour fishing for them with a magnet and finally got them back thanks to the metal ring that held the key to the plastic house number. I have also lost several hats and beer cans and not on purpose.

Roonie's
07-13-2008, 11:50 AM
My brother was messing around on our dock one summer and decided to throw his bride in the water. Well her very expensive diamond wedding ring came off her finger and sunk in 13 feet of water into heavy silt at the end of the dock. He paid around 3500-4k for it. We rented scuba equipment and spent a day searching for it and never found it. Still there somewhere.

JohnnyB
07-13-2008, 12:43 PM
Out footin' with a friend of mine who hasn't chimed in on this thread yet....he was doing a slide, dragging his left hand behind him when his wedding ring fell off :rolleyes:

Willski
07-13-2008, 07:52 PM
We lost my wife's ski. Got done skiing, she got in the boat, we took a ride. Later, I asked here where it was.....she just had a blank stare. Went looking and never found it. Very calm night on the river with not too many boats out, one of which I'm certain picked up the ski and thought they needed it worse than we did. I ordered another one the next day.

The ski was actually more expensive, but we did drop our canon elph in the lake too. Actually it was kicked in. It was in a bag and floated for a second, but it got wet enough to render it useless. We bought another one of those too!! Of course since it was a couple of years later, we got a better elph for less money!

SkiDog
07-13-2008, 07:56 PM

I had to dive in yesterday to save a towel! But it wasn't an MC towel. They sink fast.

flipper
07-13-2008, 07:57 PM
More than one pair of sunglasses that I never saw again, a few pairs of shorts....but able to get them back:D Dropped the tow rigs keys once, and i was able to get those back also.

H20BOY
07-13-2008, 09:11 PM
Hats, sunglasses, fishing pole, wrenches, gas cap, and a 2000 X-star

uawaterskier
07-14-2008, 01:13 AM
My father always has to drop a ski. Almost lost two that way. Now we have a garage sale ski for the second
go to lowes and get some floresent (sp) yellow spary paint and paint the drop ski. I bet you'll never lose one again

uawaterskier
07-14-2008, 01:14 AM
also need to add that I have dropped many a ratchet, hammer, ect into the lake. But recently the water was down a lot at our ski lake in t-town and I found a lot of the stuff I dropped+ a lot of other stuff that wasn't mine (including a cool pocket knife and a crowbar)

Prostar in Michigain
07-14-2008, 01:38 AM
We have dropped hats, bathing suits, cell phones, plenty of towels and worst of all an ipod and camera in the same day. Mom wasnt to happy about that

dapicatti
07-14-2008, 02:17 AM
We had a friend with a deckboat....SeaRay...everything blew off that boat. You would lose towels, shirts, flags, anything that wasn't put away blew out of the boat.....I really didn't care for that boat at all. Looked pretty, but that's about it.

dapicatti
07-14-2008, 02:18 AM
go to lowes and get some floresent (sp) yellow spary paint and paint the drop ski. I bet you'll never lose one again

We spent alot of time with our buddy(over an hour)looking for his ski, and I kept thinking, why doesn't he spray paint it yellow so we can see it? Great advice.:cool:

Jonathan94
07-14-2008, 02:23 AM
Hats, sunglasses, fishing pole, wrenches, gas cap, and a 2000 X-star

Is there a story to this?:confused:

wakeX2wake
07-14-2008, 10:41 AM
sunglasses x 5 = number of pair lost... kind of depressing knowing i have lost a couple of baot payments worth of sunglasses

Grover777
07-14-2008, 10:47 AM
I lost my Ipod yesterday. My 7 year old had it and in it went.. :(

chudson
07-14-2008, 11:51 AM
1 Pair of sunglasses, got a croakie to stop that, lost several hats ( our lake required you to wear a hat while skiing for better visability. And down at the Ozarks we had three boats tied together one night partying and a wife of a friend lost her cookies, to much wine!!!

André
07-14-2008, 12:23 PM
...lost several hats ( our lake required you to wear a hat while skiing for better visability...

Is this true?
Never heard that before...

Edit:
Gotta pix?

stuartmcnair
07-14-2008, 01:16 PM
lots of sunglasses, tools, lost a pair of pruning shears one day when I used them to grab a four foot water mocassin (in my dad's boat) behind the head...problem was it was about a six foot mocassin and he wasn't happy...tossed the shears and all in the water. Mom asked if I was gonna go get those yet they remain in the water to this day.

I also lost a bayliner...that's how I ended up with a MasterCraft

P-hat_in_Cincy
07-14-2008, 01:38 PM
Same houseboating trip:
Sunglasses = prescription
Other = Digital camera
That's about -$500 that trip.

chudson
07-14-2008, 01:48 PM
Is this true?
Never heard that before...

Edit:
Gotta pix?

No kidding, when I say better visability I mean when skiers are down. This was on Mattoon Lake near Neoga IL. and once we were stopped by the lake patrol and told we had to change hats because it was blue and it blended with the water. They've had some real Barnie Fifes on the lake too. Being a farmer we had an almost unlimited supply of hats (seed corn hats) so it was never a problem.

wakeX2wake
07-14-2008, 01:50 PM
No kidding, when I say better visability I mean when skiers are down. This was on Mattoon Lake near Neoga IL. and once we were stopped by the lake patrol and told we had to change hats because it was blue and it blended with the water. They've had some real Barnie Fifes on the lake too. Being a farmer we had an almost unlimited supply of hats (seed corn hats) so it was never a problem.

wow... that crazy to think you HAD to ski in a hat... i would've been ticked... just ridiculous... i thought you said you were wearing them for sun blockage or something

M-Funf
07-14-2008, 06:44 PM
We've lost our share of sunglasses, tools, gas cap openers, towels, hats. We also "lost" several watches. A couple of the guys we used to camp with thought it would be fun to make a rule: If you wear a watch on vacation, we're going to take it off and throw it in the lake. You can chase after it...everybody knew the rule, but some chose to ignore it, or challenge it...

mrprostar
07-15-2008, 10:27 AM
Wedding ring about a week after our first anniversary. I dove off the ski and tried to find it because the lake is only 5 ft at the deepest, but no luck. Now I leave my new "real" ring at home and wear a $18 dollar one under gloves.

ShamrockIV
07-15-2008, 10:29 AM
u musta had a ring that was too big!!! i ski/board/surf in mine all the time!!!

mrprostar
07-15-2008, 10:41 AM
Definately too big. Especially for cold water and the normal knuckle shrinkage. I got one a size smaller the second time and now I have to fight to get it off. MUCH better that way.

jbfootin
07-15-2008, 10:57 AM
Lost my wedding band last year footin. I did a side slide and when I put my hand on the water it slide off before I could catch it....I don't think I was my wifes hero when I told her that!:mad::rolleyes:

Hollywood
07-15-2008, 03:39 PM
Lost all my buddies keys just this past weekend transfering boats. The rubber float with the cap squeeked out of my hand and went down 6' fairly quick. A couple of us dove in and still couldn't find it. The local GM dealer was able to cut him a new key off his VIN to get home (3+ hrs).

Plenty of sunglasses, towels, 2 barefoot suits, drop skis. Mickey's grenades do not float.

DemolitionMan
07-15-2008, 05:19 PM
anchor........

Sodar
07-15-2008, 05:26 PM
I think it would be easy to say what I have NOT lost on the water. My most puzzling loss was a ski line I lost at the river. I fell and somehow it popped off the pylon on my friends' outboard boat. We looked for about 20 minutes and could not find the thing ANYWHERE! The rope floated... I am certain of it, but to this day, I still do not know how we lost it.

Roonie's
07-15-2008, 05:33 PM
Should we start another poll what have people found on the lake and maybe some people can get their stuff back?