PDA

View Full Version : 03 X2 Perfect Pass Black Screen

bturner2
07-09-2008, 08:44 AM
I installed a Perfect Pass Wake Board Pro in my 03 X2 this spring and am having some problems with the display turning black sometimes when I start the boat. I can clear it by turning the key off/on again. It does this maybe 30% of the time. I called PP and they said this is a error code on the PP most likely cause by electrical noise. I also down loaded a trouble sheet they had posted and it mentions the depth sounder as a possible cause. When I installed the PP I used the MC cable option that uses the pre-wired connector in the boat for power and tach. The display head plugs directly into the stock speedo location for the paddle wheel sensor so I feel comfortable that these connections should be in good shape. I ran the cable for the throttle servo motor through the floor which is next to the cable for the depth sounder transducer. I'm thinking this may be my problem. Can anyone tell me where this cable is run from the factory? Anyone got any other suggestions?

GuitsBoy
07-09-2008, 11:16 AM
I wouldn't think that noise in the servo cable would cause this. I assume that youve checked the plug for the display, right? My guess is a bad connection there. I dont know if theres anything that would induce enough crosstalk in the display cable. Maybe unplug the servo cable and power the system on, then wiggle the display cable and see if that causes the screen to blank out again.

ShamrockIV
07-09-2008, 11:22 AM
call them they have awesome customer service from what i understand!!!!

bturner2
07-09-2008, 03:35 PM
Heard back from PP today and was given a couple items to try. They had me pull the servo cable and try to get a failure. I first tried with the cable installed and it fialed on second try. Pulled the servo cable and couldn't get it to fail. Replaced servo cable and it fialed on first try. They also had me check the serial number for an A7 at the end. Sure enough mine ends with A7. Not sure what this means but I'm sure they'll tell me. So far their supprt has been very good. I'll let you know how this turns out.

GuitsBoy
07-09-2008, 03:56 PM
Heard back from PP today and was given a couple items to try. They had me pull the servo cable and try to get a failure. I first tried with the cable installed and it fialed on second try. Pulled the servo cable and couldn't get it to fail. Replaced servo cable and it fialed on first try. They also had me check the serial number for an A7 at the end. Sure enough mine ends with A7. Not sure what this means but I'm sure they'll tell me. So far their supprt has been very good. I'll let you know how this turns out.

I dont know for sure, but all of the newer style modules that came with 6.5NG, and do not have the removable chip, seem to have A7 after the serial number. I think there just checking to see which version of teh hardware you have.

bturner2
07-10-2008, 10:05 AM
Here's the latest. Got a response back from PP that they had a quick fix for my problem and asked for a shipping address. He didn't say what it was but whatever it is it's on it's way. Hope it's the new GPS model of the WakeBoard Pro. OK That's a real stretch but anything that'll fix the probelm would be very welcome. Based on my experience I'd have to agree with ShamrockIV on my experience with PP. Great customer service!

bturner2
07-18-2008, 11:03 PM
Got a package from PP today. It's a start up relay for the blackscreen issue I've been having. Appearently they are aware of this problem and have a fix. They said it fixes a noise issue some boat have when starting. Plan to put it on tomorrow and giving it a go.

bturner2
07-20-2008, 11:06 AM
Last update. PUt the relay on the controll module yesterday. Last of the black screens. Everything seems to be working perfectly.

Wouter
06-28-2011, 08:30 AM
Have same issue. Did the relay solve it definitively? What kind of relay is it?

Wouter
07-18-2011, 04:31 AM
Installed the dongle last weekend: Filter solves the problem :-)