PDA

View Full Version : Need New Beginner ish Wakeboard.

DBrown2
07-07-2008, 03:14 PM
I have a older CWB 136, that was given to me... I am wanting to step up to something different. I am 185 pounds and I think, i really need something up to a 141 or less..

Wanting a Hyperlite but dont want to get a Expert board...

Advise thoughts on a good board... Something I can grow in to... I am already to the point, I can clear the wake when I jump, and do grabs, but thats about it..
Lastly dont factor money as a issue.

wakeX2wake
07-07-2008, 03:24 PM
i'm a fan of Ronix boards and bindings... i'd definitely go with closed toe bindings especailly if you want to get better... landing in the flats i got REALLY tired of my feet trying to slip through ends of my boots plus closed toe will give you more control which is never a bad thing... i'd roll with the ronix covin or vault... for hyperlite... i'd go with the premier if you're wanting to stay away from advanced pro models... you can always take the approach i did... get a really advanced board and learn to ride it... board dominated me for a while but once i got it whipped i own it

damaged442
07-07-2008, 04:44 PM
I ride a Liquid Force Trip 138, (I'm 6'1", 185 lbs) and that's able to handle anything I throw at it. I've had a few others ride it, from beginners to experts, and they all seemed to like it also. The Pro Suction LS bindings that came with the board dry rotted and fell apart after 2 years of use, which I was very disappointed with. I replaced them with Hyperlite Byerly's and been running them for two years now with no issues.

ShamrockIV
07-07-2008, 04:51 PM
i ride ronix and i am by far not as good as my equipment!! look for closeouts on 07's and great deals on 08's!! closed toes are the best too i love my ronix ones!!!!

DBrown2
07-07-2008, 04:54 PM
Thanks guys... I will look up Ronix...

Anyone have thoughts on Size?

wakeX2wake
07-07-2008, 05:02 PM
141 will work for you... it's probably a little big but that'll make it more forgiving for you which means less pain on your face... you'll be safe anywhere from a 138-141 but the larger the more forgiving but you give up a heavier board for the stability

Jerseydave
07-07-2008, 05:21 PM
I have a friend who loves his new Slingshot Recoil. Very light and thin, nice soft landings. He has the closed toe Liquid Force Watsons, raves about them too.

I ride a Watson board (138), rides great for me. Does not catch an edge that easy, so fewer faceplants. Great for surface tricks, and the spine makes for nice soft landings too. I've also heard good things about the LF Lyman board too.

You should go with at least a 140+ size board.

ridesdirt
07-09-2008, 10:14 PM
Hyperlite Murray with Murray bindings, awsome setup. Some good threads and reviews on wakeworld. I am no expert but would say 140, it is a wide board with a lot of surface area.

edit: 2008 model

dapicatti
07-09-2008, 10:16 PM
We started with the Hyperlite state- great learning board. My riding really progressed with the CWB pure. Lots of good boards out there, these worked for me.

Lennyp04
07-09-2008, 10:36 PM
I ride a 08 Slingshot response with 07 Driver boots and love the set up. With the flex of the board is amzing for soft landings. My last board was a 07 Ronix Vault 144 with CWB faction bindings and that made me progress insanely. Ronix and bindings are for sale let me know!

Mag_Red
07-09-2008, 11:47 PM
We started with the Hyperlite state- great learning board. My riding really progressed with the CWB pure. Lots of good boards out there, these worked for me.Wow! That's exactly opposite of me..........started with the pure..........never felt good on the board, went to the State and really started to at least enjoy boarding:cool:

dapicatti
07-10-2008, 12:25 AM
Pure is definately harder to ride, pushed my riding further. We start all new guys on the State, it seems to work really well.

Mag_Red
07-10-2008, 12:49 AM
Pure is definately harder to ride, pushed my riding further. We start all new guys on the State, it seems to work really well. So maybe I should give the ole Pure another chance now???

dapicatti
07-10-2008, 01:14 AM
So maybe I should give the ole Pure another chance now???

I think it may be easier to ride for you now, unless its the wrong size or your feet are set up wrong. You never know, you may love it.

MCDriven
07-16-2008, 09:45 AM
CWB Kink is a great board to learn and then progress on. Anyone can ride it. I now ride a Hyperlite B Side, which tracks well and would be a good one if you are looking to challenge yourself.

DBrown2
07-16-2008, 10:51 AM
Found a LiquidForce 06 Model, its Red and Black 139, with LF Fusion Bindings...

What is your guys thoughts on this board... The hard part is I live in a small town, and guys have Wakeboards but they are all old and just for looks on there towers... So its not like I can try alot of them, for free if that makes since.

I know this hard because its like with anything... I like a HO Ski, but Others may like something else and rave about it... But I found HO, buy doing this very thing, asking and looking in boats...

Thanks guys.. Here is pic of it

wakeX2wake
07-16-2008, 11:02 AM
shape looks like it's be fair and forgiving which is what you want unless you're an intermediate to advanced rider... as long as you feel like you're getting what you want out of the board you're good... depending on your size the 139 is a pretty generic size for you so hopefully it's a good size fit for you

DBrown2
07-16-2008, 01:27 PM
Well last year, everyone said go with a 136 and all the world will be good for learning... Well that board unless ran at 15 mph... just wants to skip like a rock on the water...

So now everyone is telling me... go to a 139 or up to 142... I would rather drop a few hundred, and then have as a spare board than drop 600-800 and hate the board etc.

Anyone else know this board?

wakeX2wake
07-16-2008, 01:29 PM
basically... the larger the board is the more forgiving it will be... depends on your height and weight... it can get too big and you not be able to do anything with it and it won't track well in the water for you... height and weight and best trick?

DBrown2
07-16-2008, 04:29 PM
Well I think my original post has Height and weight but....

5.10 and 180... Best I got is clearing the wake, w a Grab,

jixxxer
07-16-2008, 05:51 PM
Hyperlite Murray with Murray bindings, awsome setup. Some good threads and reviews on wakeworld. I am no expert but would say 140, it is a wide board with a lot of surface area.

edit: 2008 model

I second that. I ride cwb faction with faction bindings '08, I love it but this weekend I rode a murray and man, if i didnt just buy my faction I would have def. gone with the murray. Very smooth, soft landings, comfy to ride.

River Rat
07-16-2008, 06:50 PM
I ride the Hyperlite state and love it, It's a great board to learn on and you can pick them up cheap on flea bay

Jerseydave
07-16-2008, 08:43 PM
You should really find a board shop near you that will allow you to demo some boards. Some shops will even let you exchange a board if you don't like it after riding it once. (like our shop does)

Where in the SE are you located?

ridesdirt
07-17-2008, 12:12 AM
I second that. I ride cwb faction with faction bindings '08, I love it but this weekend I rode a murray and man, if i didnt just buy my faction I would have def. gone with the murray. Very smooth, soft landings, comfy to ride.

Funny, I almost bought the Faction setup, but decided to listen to my local shop and bought the Murray stuff from them. No regrets, I have only heard good things about both of these setups.

I was a little paranoid about the bindings (close toe), but I really like them now and don't think I can go back to open toe...

DBrown2
07-17-2008, 04:27 PM
I wish there was a board shop.. I am in a small County in TN... There are no board shops, and better yet there is some Marina's that carry some stuff, but the mark up is unreal. If it is 300 online its 500 there in the store.

Anyone got comments on the board I posted?