PDA

View Full Version : Summer 2008: skiing/boarding 'clubs' in Eastern MA

dave.mclellan
07-07-2008, 06:56 AM
I'm looking for groups or clubs or whatever of skiing/wakeboarding fans. I'm in the metrowest area of boston, and would love to get back into water skiing (skiied a lot as a teen, taught summers at camp) and to try wake boarding (currently obssessed snowboarder, gotta do this on the water!).

Does anyone know of folks in the Metrowest Boston area who are gathering and pulling?

thanks for any pointers.

Jerseydave
07-07-2008, 07:55 AM
Welcome Dave!

Try USA waterski to find clubs in your area. Joining ski clubs is great fun with people who are more than willing to teach, give pulls, etc.
You could also talk to your local MC dealer to find other skiers in your area. Jaysus on here sells MC's in Mass.

JohnE
07-07-2008, 08:27 AM
I'm looking for groups or clubs or whatever of skiing/wakeboarding fans. I'm in the metrowest area of boston, and would love to get back into water skiing (skiied a lot as a teen, taught summers at camp) and to try wake boarding (currently obssessed snowboarder, gotta do this on the water!).

Does anyone know of folks in the Metrowest Boston area who are gathering and pulling?

thanks for any pointers.

Dave,

Where are you located? I'm in Milford. We might be able to hook up. I met a great ski partner here on the forum last year.

John

JohnE
07-15-2008, 05:24 PM
I guess Dave isn't too interested in skiing.....Or else already found a club.....

TMCNo1
07-15-2008, 06:57 PM
Dave,

Where are you located? I'm in Milford. We might be able to hook up. I met a great ski partner here on the forum last year.

John

And to think, you had to come south to get the pull of your life!:uglyhamme

Jerseydave
07-15-2008, 07:00 PM
JohnE, next time you come visit Jersey I'll ski/wakeboard with ya!

-Dave

JohnE
07-17-2008, 07:00 PM
JohnE, next time you come visit Jersey I'll ski/wakeboard with ya!

-Dave

Dave, I'll take you up on that.:)

We would have been going to Sparta this weekend, but have a 40th birthday we can't miss, so we can't. I'd have been putting the boat in at Mohawk.

Where do you usually go? Hopatcong, right?

JohnE
07-17-2008, 07:03 PM
And to think, you had to come south to get the pull of your life!:uglyhamme

And to think I waited a whole year. I should have got that pull the year before at csm 07. But at that point I was still under the impression that your boat didn't pull anyone.:D