PDA

View Full Version : How do I set depth finder

Mattercraft
08-10-2004, 01:27 PM
Last week we had an electrical short that shut off the boat. After we got it running again the depth finder was incorrect. How do I set it?

Mattercraft
09-09-2004, 12:49 PM
Allright, 50 people have opened this thread and no one has any advice for setting the depth finder. I know one of you knows how to set it.

Robert Averyt
09-09-2004, 12:51 PM
What Brand depth finder?

Leroy
09-09-2004, 12:59 PM
Mattercraft;
I'll ask, I'm not sure what you want to set. I have similar to attached and know you can set various alarms for too shallow or too deep. What setting are you trying to do?

AirJunky
09-09-2004, 02:01 PM
Hey Mattercraft,
I'm curious, where was the electrical short you had to fix?

Last week we had an electrical short that shut off the boat. After we got it running again the depth finder was incorrect. How do I set it?

ski_king
09-09-2004, 02:23 PM
My was correct out of the box, I don't know if there is an adjustment.

Is it maybe reading in Meters instead of feet. That is the only selection I have other than depth alarms on my Hummingbird.

Leroy
09-10-2004, 12:54 AM
Now I'm curious Mattercraft! What is your depth gauge doing exactly?

Mattercraft
09-13-2004, 04:46 PM
Sorry I didn't give all the details. My bad.
The boat is a 2001 X-star with two stereo amps ant 8 tower lights. We were doing some boarding just as the sun was going down so I had the lights on. With the stereo and the lights on the boat started missing really bad and would only run at idle. Something was definitely wrong. The batteries don't have enough amps for all that. I shut the boat off and waited a few minutes, then restarted it and idled it back to the ramp. The next day I took a look at the enging to find the 50 amp fuse tripped. I pushed it back in, stuck it back in the water and fired it up. She ran fine, except for the depth finder. Now it reads .5', 267', 45', .5', 879'...... It jumps all over the place.I know the two buttons on the bottom are for setting the alarm, but is there any way to set the depth to read right or did I fry the sensor?
It really sucks not having one when you are in shallow lakes at the end of the summer.

NeilM
09-13-2004, 09:24 PM
Mattercraft, assuming it's the factory one (probably a Lowrance?), it's fried. There is no 'setting' on them - even the depth alarms clear when the key is turned off.