PDA

View Full Version : Prop affect slalom wake?

russlars
07-02-2008, 03:41 PM
I recently went from a 4 blade prop to a 3 blade ACME 541 CNC prop. I love the performance of this prop, however, after skiing behind the boat a few times it seems to me like the wake is a little harder and slightly taller than what I had with my 4 blade. Has anyone else experienced this or is it just my imagination?:confused:

EJ OJPROP
07-02-2008, 03:51 PM
Blade shape, rake angle, number or blades will affect the feel of the wake. Try an OJ 13 X 11.5 (comparable size to the other prop) and see if you feel a difference in the wake.

Eric @ OJ PROPS

russlars
07-02-2008, 05:52 PM
Blade shape, rake angle, number or blades will affect the feel of the wake. Try an OJ 13 X 11.5 (comparable size to the other prop) and see if you feel a difference in the wake.

Eric @ OJ PROPS
Eric,
Is this prop you are recommending a 3 or 4 blade?

EJ OJPROP
07-02-2008, 06:09 PM
It is a 3-blade that compares to the prop you have on now. For a 4-blade it would be the 12.5 X 12.

Kevin 89MC
07-07-2008, 12:12 PM
I recently went from a 4 blade prop to a 3 blade ACME 541 CNC prop. I love the performance of this prop, however, after skiing behind the boat a few times it seems to me like the wake is a little harder and slightly taller than what I had with my 4 blade. Has anyone else experienced this or is it just my imagination?:confused:

That is very similar to what I noticed. I run a 4 blade (nothing special, got it from the dealer 9 years ago, appears similar construction & material as my 3 blade). I kept my original 3 blade as a backup, and had to put it on a few years ago to get my 4 blade prop worked on. I did notice the wake being taller and harder with the 3 blade as well. Switched back to the 4 blade as soon as I got it back!