PDA

View Full Version : 8mm film to DVD

shepherd
06-30-2008, 06:48 PM
I got some old family movies on 8 mm film from my father. I'd like to convert them to digital and put them on a DVD.

Can anyone recommend a reputable place to have this done? I can't find anyplace local and am very reluctant to just throw these reels in the mail to some unknown company...

skeeler
07-01-2008, 08:28 AM
There is a place here in Omaha, NE I have used quite a bit. I used them for DVD reproduction and other projects, but my wife's parents have also used them for many family 8mm to DVD transfers. They do great work and are pretty reasonable. I would give them a try.

Omaha Trans-Video
14925 Industrial Road
Omaha, NE 68144
PHONE: (402) 894-0105

http://www.omahatransvideo.com/

Cloaked
07-02-2008, 05:55 PM
I got some old family movies on 8 mm film from my father. I'd like to convert them to digital and put them on a DVD.

Can anyone recommend a reputable place to have this done? I can't find anyplace local and am very reluctant to just throw these reels in the mail to some unknown company...Run the 8mm feed directly into a DVR. It goes to the hard drive, then is converted to DVD. Done deal. You can get one relatively inexpensive and do it at home. I have converted a lot of 8mm and VHS...