PDA

View Full Version : What to do now?

LakePirate
04-18-2005, 12:41 PM
So I go about doing the spring maintenance on my Ď02 Maristar 210
Change the oil, Mobil 1 full synthetic 5w40
Change the filter K&N (donít remember which on)
Change the plugs (ACDelco)
Charge the battery and away we go :D

Well it cranked right up, :headbang: checked my oil pressure it was good and let it run/idle for about an hour as we went on a little cruise
Well when I got the passengers out I took it for a run
Got up to WOT and the pressure dropped to 0 :eek3:
Alarmed by this I stopped the boat and checked the oil level
It was fine and the oil was still clean
On the way back to the dock the pressure gauge bounced from
0 to 40 psi. Anybody got any thoughts on why this is happening? :huh:

prostar205
04-18-2005, 01:00 PM
Check the oil pressure sending unit and the wires going to it.

Hunterb
04-18-2005, 01:01 PM
In all likelihood it is related to either your oil pressure sending unit or the wiring between the unit and the guage somewhere. I would suspect the sending unit. I'm not sure what motor you have in there but the sending units are usually cheap and easy to change. Make sure all the connections are good before you buy a new one. I seriously doubt you ran the motor with no oil pressure so you probably don't need to worry about that.

Hope that helps.

Bruce

Ric
04-18-2005, 01:15 PM
check mymc to be sure your's isnt one of the motors that had a recall on the oil pump?

So I go about doing the spring maintenance on my Ď02 Maristar 210
Change the oil, Mobil 1 full synthetic 5w40
Change the filter K&N (donít remember which on)
Change the plugs (ACDelco)
Charge the battery and away we go :D

Well it cranked right up, :headbang: checked my oil pressure it was good and let it run/idle for about an hour as we went on a little cruise
Well when I got the passengers out I took it for a run
Got up to WOT and the pressure dropped to 0 :eek3:
Alarmed by this I stopped the boat and checked the oil level
It was fine and the oil was still clean
On the way back to the dock the pressure gauge bounced from
0 to 40 psi. Anybody got any thoughts on why this is happening? :huh:

rem_pss308
04-18-2005, 01:18 PM
Here is some helpful info from Teleflex. I had problems with mine, it turned out to be the gauge.

One the gauge unhook the wire from the "S" terminal, and turn the ignition switch on, the gauge should read 0 lbs. Then touch the "g" and "s" it should peg all the way. This means the gauge is operational and is a good indicator it is working fine. However, to be certain of its accuracy, substitute a 100 ohm resistor for the sender in the system. Turn the power on. The gauge will read 40# on an 80# gauge.

For the sending unit:
Take note of the oil presser as stated by the gauge after a 15 minute warmup. Remove gauge sender wire from the sender. Place wires from a Volt-Ohm test meter on sender and a good ground (like the side of the sender). At pressure the sender should read:

30 PSI around 125 ohms
40 PSI....100 ohms
50 PSI....87 ohms
60 PSI....67 ohms

Hope this helps you.

jsonova99
04-18-2005, 01:31 PM
mine did the exact same thing, $20 sending unit from Skidim, problem solved!

LakePirate
04-18-2005, 03:33 PM
This all happened after I towed a Barefoot Nautique to the dock; maybe that had something to do with it *grin*

Tennesseeski
04-18-2005, 04:08 PM
Lakepirate are you a Tennessee fan? I just noticed smokey!!

LakePirate
04-18-2005, 05:07 PM
Go Big Orange!

Cloaked
04-18-2005, 05:53 PM
Go Big Orange!"T" the Tennessee handicap sticker. :D

LakePirate
04-22-2005, 11:32 AM
Well I got the Oil Pressure Sending Unit today, it will go on tonight. Hopefully that will result in me skiing all weekend, or atleast until I can't hold on to the rope any longer.

LakePirate
04-25-2005, 10:05 AM
Upon further inspection of the oil pressure sending unit and the wire attached, I found that the boot had come loose, not enough to be visibly loose but loose none the less. Pushed it back on and she ran great. Now I have a spare Oil Pressure Sending Unit. Thanks for the advice guys