PDA

View Full Version : How much weight and where?

Tennesseeski
04-18-2005, 11:39 AM
I wanted some input on how much weight to add to my 93 205 to get a better wake. Will have to buy fat sacs but not sure how many. I looked at the 1200lbs sofa so I can still have the back seat, but do I need any weight anywhere else? It is usually only 2 adults and 1 kid in the boat. Is there a set way to decide or just trial and error on what works best for you?

tex
04-18-2005, 11:43 AM
I wanted some input on how much weight to add to my 93 205 to get a better wake. Will have to buy fat sacs but not sure how many. I looked at the 1200lbs sofa so I can still have the back seat, but do I need any weight anywhere else? It is usually only 2 adults and 1 kid in the boat. Is there a set way to decide or just trial and error on what works best for you?

Take out the kids and one adult-Add about 115lbs of something that would go good in the swimsuit pics thread!

André
04-18-2005, 11:48 AM
Take out the kids and one adult-Add about 115lbs of something that would go good in the swimsuit pics thread!
LLLLLLLLLOOOOOOOOOOOLLLLLLLLLLL!!!!!
Tex,you're drunk again ! :D

tex
04-18-2005, 11:59 AM
LLLLLLLLLOOOOOOOOOOOLLLLLLLLLLL!!!!!
Tex,you're drunk again ! :D
no, that's just the way i look at ways! french canadian?

André
04-18-2005, 12:06 PM
no, that's just the way i look at ways! french canadian?
Yep. Often refers in the warm states as :Frogs,Snowbirds,Los Tabarnacos and others... :toast:

tex
04-18-2005, 12:22 PM
Yep. Often refers in the warm states as :Frogs,Snowbirds,Los Tabarnacos and others... :toast:
i have skied with lots of french canadians! Lots of pretty girls-they did not seem to like the phrases frogs or tabernacs!

André
04-18-2005, 06:23 PM
i have skied with lots of french canadians! Lots of pretty girls-they did not seem to like the phrases frogs or tabernacs!

Tex
Snow skiing or waterskiing ? Where ?

AirJunky
04-18-2005, 06:48 PM
In my '94 I have about 800 lbs of lead, steel & locker sack. The wake isn't huge, but it's medium size, well defined & has gives great pop..... and the boat still performs great. Not a lot of bow rise, and we do Around the Boats & hot pickups regularly with it.

300 lbs between the back seat & the gas tank
100 lbs of lead under the gunnel on each side
100 lbs in the bow
200 lbs locker sack

NatesGr8
04-18-2005, 08:36 PM
Remove back seat, apply two 700 lb fat sac's, works great for us.

André
04-18-2005, 08:44 PM
and we do Around the Boats & hot pickups regularly with it.
Hot pick ups ?????? :confused:

Cary K.
04-18-2005, 09:34 PM
Generally speaking you want 60% rear 40% front. I've found in my '01 that the weight in the nose really helps. We usually run stock ballast (don't remember weight), 100 lbs more lead in rear, and about 400-500 lbs leadup front. If there only a few of us riding, we'll fill up a 600 lb sac in the floor. Wake is nice. If you put too much in rear oinly, it gets washy.

tex
04-19-2005, 09:25 AM
Tex
Snow skiing or waterskiing ? Where ?
Waterskiing(show)-I skied with a bunch in Japan and a few in Germany.

kdr
04-19-2005, 03:48 PM
I guess it's about time I start to contribute to this forum. I just started playing around with wieght in my new to me 94 205 last weekend. I had a fat seat in the back about 90% full and 1 tube sac (~300lbs) in the bow. I put the sac in the locker and in the bow and the wake was much cleaner with the sac in the bow. The wake was a decent size, but nothing to brag about. I will probably add a couple hundred lbs of lead and get a bigger fat sac for the bow.

AirJunky
04-19-2005, 04:11 PM
Hot pick ups ?????? :confused:
Sure, ever pick up your rider while at speed? Does a couple of things.... allows you to have multiple riders still up while you pick someone up......and it pisses off anyone nearby. Usually the only time we do it when the lake is so waked up it's unreal.

Ever hear of Barf-o-rama? Thats where you do Around the boat, then quickly do it again & again & again & again........ pretty wild to see but the water gets chopped up in a hurry.

erkoehler
04-19-2005, 04:35 PM
Do a bunch of Hot pickups with people watching and you will get some strange looks.

rem_pss308
04-19-2005, 04:54 PM
I have a 93 Prostar 205. We only wakeboard. I have about 700 lbs between the engine compartment, and the gas tank. I have a 250 lb sac on each side of the engine cover. and I have a 250 sac in the bow. My son is an advanced wakebaorder, and he can do all his tricks with that set up.
The wake is clean, and steep.
Hope this helps.

rem_pss308
04-19-2005, 04:58 PM
I guess it's about time I start to contribute to this forum. I just started playing around with wieght in my new to me 94 205 last weekend. I had a fat seat in the back about 90% full and 1 tube sac (~300lbs) in the bow. I put the sac in the locker and in the bow and the wake was much cleaner with the sac in the bow. The wake was a decent size, but nothing to brag about. I will probably add a couple hundred lbs of lead and get a bigger fat sac for the bow.

If you get too much weight in the bow, the wake will be mellow, and not steep. You might like it that way. Steep is good for going higher, and mellow is good for going into the flats.

I would put more weight( equal ) on the sides of the engine cover, or move the bow sac closer to the front of the engine.

erkoehler
04-19-2005, 05:10 PM
All that lead must really add to the weight of the trailer on your trucks. How much does it cost to have all this done to your boats?

AirJunky
04-19-2005, 05:11 PM
Do a bunch of Hot pickups with people watching and you will get some strange looks.
Last year, dusk the evening of the 4th of July, on Liberty between the boat ramp & our beach.... I'm driving & Neil was riding, he's throwing multiple back rolls, gainers, & air rolls, then Around the Boat, roll, roll, roll, then Around the Boat, then flip, flip, flip, Around the Boat, & on & on. Went for maybe 10 minutes straight before he was exhausted & finally crashed. Probably over 30 flips & 8 or 9 Around the Boats consecutively. The water was a total blowout. Cops came screaming over full lights & sirens....... to tell us what a great job we'd just done. The crowd on the beach started chanting "LET THEM GO!, LET THEM GO!". I waved them on as we talked to the cops about giving them lessons later in the summer. :dance:
Yea, guess they were lookin at us kinda funny.

erkoehler
04-19-2005, 05:13 PM
:D :D :D Sounds like a good time was had by all!

aprgriggs
04-21-2005, 09:25 PM
Generally speaking you want 60% rear 40% front. I've found in my '01 that the weight in the nose really helps. If you put too much in rear oinly, it gets washy.

right on....if you put to much weight in the back you will have a soft big wake.....weight in the front will make the wake firm and will give you more pop.