PDA

View Full Version : Prop for 08 X-15

eyeball_jerry
06-29-2008, 07:33 PM
I am very unhappy with the stock prop that came with my X-15, the dealer is going to work with me for a replacement. However, does anyone have any experience changing the prop on this boat. It is used mostly as a cruiser/wakeboard boat with std balast full, and ocassionally additional balast for surfing. However, with the stock prop, I am hitting the rev limiter none stop. I only get 3/4 of my throttle, plus running any higher than around 50...RPM causes a warning. So I don't see the speed I expected or have all the power the boat has.

Any suggestion would be appreciated.

TMCNo1
06-29-2008, 07:48 PM
I am very unhappy with the stock prop that came with my X-15, the dealer is going to work with me for a replacement. However, does anyone have any experience changing the prop on this boat. It is used mostly as a cruiser/wakeboard boat with std balast full, and ocassionally additional balast for surfing. However, with the stock prop, I am hitting the rev limiter none stop. I only get 3/4 of my throttle, plus running any higher than around 50...RPM causes a warning. So I don't see the speed I expected or have all the power the boat has.

http://www.ojprops.com/, contact Eric.

c_craig
06-29-2008, 09:17 PM
What prop is on your boat? We are not having those problems. But, I want to get a spare, and emailed Eric for advise on best prop for '08 X-15. We've got the MCX engine.

eyeball_jerry
06-30-2008, 10:30 PM
I currently have a 14.25 x 14.50

EJ OJPROP
07-01-2008, 07:04 AM
I would suggest our 14.75 X 15.5 LC XMP EDGE splined 4-blade. This prop is the new standard propeller for your application. Give me a call if you have any other questions. Eric @ OJPROPS - 800-359-9730

bigmac
07-01-2008, 07:59 AM

I can't recommend a phone conversation with Eric at OJ strongly enough.

eyeball_jerry
07-02-2008, 03:36 PM
I have an OJ and an Acme coming, i will report back my findings. Thanks everyone.

EJ OJPROP
07-02-2008, 03:49 PM
What size propellers do you have coming?

Eagle Lake Rebel
07-02-2008, 04:39 PM
I had the exact same prop on my X30 (LY6). Went to the Acme 1479 for all round use. Boat performs way better on the bottom end without giving up top end or fuel usage. Not bashing OJ because I know both OJ and Acme are all about having satisfied customers and will will do whatever it takes to get ya satisfied.

EJ OJPROP
07-02-2008, 05:10 PM
For the LY6 we build a 14.75 X 15.5 for all around use and offer the 14.25 X 14.5 for a more aggressive prop.

eyeball_jerry
07-05-2008, 12:13 AM
Well, I ran an Acme 14 x 16 and an OJ 13 by 17...

the Acme i ran with 4 people, full factory balast and two rear piggy back balast tanks - total of about 1400 lbs of balast, full tank of gas. It ran fine pulling, fine low end. fine for the wake, yada yada. However, the high end was still way over 5,000 and the engine would give me a warning at 180 degrees.

I ran the OJ today no ballast, same four people, full tank of gas. I never hit the rev limiter. I got to maybe 5200 RPM at over 45. Very satisfied by that. However, we havn't ridden behind it loaded with ballast yet, and I did still get a warning. So far I like the OJ's feel and the performance. We will see how it pulls. I will report back.

I sure hope i don't have to drive to my dealer on my b-day to fix my boat, :-(