PDA

View Full Version : Extended Warranty Experience???

mchouse
06-28-2008, 09:07 AM
I just got a mailing with an offer to extend the factory warranty by 3 years. It's called Mastercraft 3+3. I understand the idea, but I'm wondering if others think it a worthwhile option for me with a 2006 X9. Is there enough risk of trouble to justify the $2000 cost? The mailing did not come from Mastercraft directly. Is the administrater "Extended Protection Plan Administrative Offices" in Minnetonka, Mn. fair and easy to work with? Are ther other companies that offer similar plans, so I could shop the coverage and price?
I'm open to suggestions. Thanks

Jim@BAWS
06-28-2008, 09:21 AM
The same deal is available at your dealer...go there first to better explain. Same price there. He makes a little money and you support
the dealer directly

Jim@BAWS

c_craig
06-28-2008, 09:45 AM
Just got mine in the mail too. You beat me to it. Same price for 2008 X-15. Thanks Jim. I'll see what my dealer has.

upnthebid
07-22-2008, 08:05 PM
I have a 2003 X-9 and have no maintenance issues what so ever. I agree with Jim@Baws support your local dealer but vote with your dollars on regular maintenance and the occasional accessory that you might want. You will get more satisfaction out of the $2000k by keeping the boat well maintained.

TMCNo1
07-22-2008, 09:27 PM
This recent thread may be of some interest to you, http://www.mastercraft.com/teamtalk/showthread.php?t=25271

TMCNo1
07-22-2008, 09:31 PM
I just got a mailing with an offer to extend the factory warranty by 3 years. It's called Mastercraft 3+3. I understand the idea, but I'm wondering if others think it a worthwhile option for me with a 2006 X9. Is there enough risk of trouble to justify the $2000 cost? The mailing did not come from Mastercraft directly. Is the administrater "Extended Protection Plan Administrative Offices" in Minnetonka, Mn. fair and easy to work with? Are ther other companies that offer similar plans, so I could shop the coverage and price?
I'm open to suggestions. Thanks

I have been getting a "Extended Warranty Plan" for our motorhome from the same people! We don't even own a freakin' motorhome, that should tell you something.
Only deal with your dealer on the MC plan!

holycrist
07-23-2008, 01:00 PM
Some of these extended warranties, if not used, offer a full refund. You just need to read the fine print of the details of getting your money back and research how long the particular company has been in business.