PDA

View Full Version : Restoration Trailer Pics

SKI*MC
04-17-2005, 11:34 PM
Well heres our winter project, steps from being done!

i have more but can't fit them, i'll put them in my profile later so look for them! I have some really sweet night pics, with all the lights on!

sfitzgerald351
04-17-2005, 11:44 PM
Looks good!

Are those lights all the way up the frame rail or just reflectors?

Did you consider putting on a boat buddy and prop guard before repainting? My trailer could use a little clean-up, but I want to add these before I do.

MarkP
04-18-2005, 01:17 AM
Great S&S. And Trailer!!

erkoehler
04-18-2005, 01:29 AM
Looks like you did a great job, I really like the fenders.

Cody
04-18-2005, 02:05 AM
Looks pretty good to me. You must have gotten a whole lot more done this winter than me...

jsonova99
04-18-2005, 07:14 AM
that looks really good, if you don't mind me asking, how much did the fender work cost? I'm planning on restoring mine. Also, how did you go about the paint work?

H20skeefreek
04-18-2005, 08:34 AM
Well heres our winter project, steps from being done!

i have more but can't fit them, i'll put them in my profile later so look for them! I have some really sweet night pics, with all the lights on!
looks great, wanna come and do mine?

ski_king
04-18-2005, 08:57 AM
Looks great! Hopefully I will get mine done this summer.

BriEOD
04-18-2005, 10:01 AM
Nice...but that bar over the bow eye has got to go!! I hate that thing with a passion. I replaced it with a boat buddy.

Very sharp though, nice work!!

captkidd
04-18-2005, 03:30 PM
Trailer looks really good. Now you just need to add some stars and pinstripes (to match the boat) in order to really dress it up.

east tx skier
04-18-2005, 04:04 PM
Very nice! And beutiful boat, too. Next, you should put a prop guard on there (or did I just not see it?).

Zach S
04-18-2005, 05:13 PM
BriEOD,
I would like to get rid of the "bar" :rant: Where did you get the post to which the boat buddy mounts? Was there anything else you had to do to make the boat buddy set up work?

BriEOD
04-18-2005, 09:46 PM
Zach,

I had the worst fight of my marriage and pretty tore up prop over that dam bar on a 4th July weekend at a busy boat ramp. That was the catalyst to the upgrade.

I purchased the boat buddy and then took it to a local welder/trailer hitch installer/other misc things shop and they welded a 3x3x3/16 square tube with forks at the top to mount the boat buddy to. The boat buddy was about $50 and the welding/parts was another $75.

Here are some photos. I've since replaced the winch, chains, jack/roller and added some fresh paint.

BriEOD
04-18-2005, 09:47 PM
After.....

bradamerry
04-18-2005, 09:56 PM
I'm glad my boat didn't have that bar :confused: !

sfitzgerald351
04-18-2005, 11:28 PM
BriEOD,

How long have you had your boat buddy on the trailer? I'm looking at the setup and it seems like the welds would be taking a lot of stress each time you hit the boat buddy and I'm curious to see how it's holding up. The newer trailers have another 2x2 piece of tubing running at an angle to support the tube the boat buddy is on. I've got the same trailer as you and this is on my list of things to do next winter (along with a prop guard).

SKI*MC
04-18-2005, 11:31 PM
Well we went to a place out in Pewaukee called Skipper Buds, we ordered some custom gelcoat out of Seatle WA, it was pricy, just because it was a custom mix, and we have to buy a gallon of it and we didn't use all of it... Other wise it was worth it! It looks great, so thanks for all the kind words! for the person that asked if they were light or refelcters, the are lights.

SKI*MC
04-18-2005, 11:34 PM
I dont see a use for a prop guard, i hear more stories about people trashing their props on it rather thar saving it!

ski_king
04-18-2005, 11:34 PM
Looks good Brain. That is on my list when I redo my trailer.

If anybody has a photo of their 80-86 trailer showing the propguard I would appeciate it. A tape measure streched across it giving me the dimensions would be even better!

6ballsisall
04-19-2005, 12:04 AM
[QUOTE=BriEOD]Nice...but that bar over the bow eye has got to go!! I hate that thing with a passion.

True dat!! It is crappy!

H20skeefreek
04-19-2005, 07:54 AM
ski*mc,

I think that is b/c you simply don't hear good stories in general. I don't come in after a day at the lake and tell the good things that happened, I ask for advice on the bad things that happened, but......

Sunday, I was on the way back from the lake. we stopped at Piggly Wiggly to pick up a few things. after my wife came back out, we headed home, and I passed the last store in the strip mall, there was a huge dip in the pavement. I had never noticed it before, because I had never been in a 20ft long truck pulling a 20 ft rig behind me. I drug the prop guard for about 2.5 feet.....whew......save my prop that's for sure. :smile:

Ben
04-19-2005, 08:01 AM
Trailer looks great. I wish my '94 looked that good... If you get to it, I'm on the boat buddy recommend list, works awesome, wife loads the boat & I do the truck.

I noticed the lights on the front of the trailer look red. You may need to check locally, but I think all side marker lights in front of the axles need to be yellow/orange. Won't match the boat as well, but would eliminate the possibility of tickets, unless you are buying the book on the thread on dodging speeding tickets....

BriEOD
04-19-2005, 09:21 AM
BriEOD,

How long have you had your boat buddy on the trailer? I'm looking at the setup and it seems like the welds would be taking a lot of stress each time you hit the boat buddy and I'm curious to see how it's holding up. The newer trailers have another 2x2 piece of tubing running at an angle to support the tube the boat buddy is on. I've got the same trailer as you and this is on my list of things to do next winter (along with a prop guard).

Scott--I had this done in July 01'. I've had no problems with this setup. You can visually inspect the welds and see they are holding up just fine. If you really analyze where the impact is it is not so much on the stanchion to boat buddy is mounted on, it's that front bow stop (the "V" with the carpet). The inertia of the boat impacts most on the front bow stop and then the bow kind of lifts up and into the boat buddy. It has worked very well for me and the guys who put it on told me if I ever had any problems to bring it back and they would fix it.

sfitzgerald351
04-19-2005, 11:10 AM
Scott--I had this done in July 01'. I've had no problems with this setup. You can visually inspect the welds and see they are holding up just fine. If you really analyze where the impact is it is not so much on the stanchion to boat buddy is mounted on, it's that front bow stop (the "V" with the carpet). The inertia of the boat impacts most on the front bow stop and then the bow kind of lifts up and into the boat buddy. It has worked very well for me and the guys who put it on told me if I ever had any problems to bring it back and they would fix it.

Cool. I saved that picture so I can give it to whoever I get to do the welding for me. Looks really clean.

Zach S
04-19-2005, 11:31 AM
BriEOD,
Thanks for the close up. I believe that set up could save a marriage. It is always a little stressful on the ramp. I think that will be money well spent... :twocents:

sfitzgerald351
04-19-2005, 03:00 PM
I guess I'm lucky Kelly and I figured out a system before we tried to kill each other. We have a really steep ramp so the boat doesn't load nicely due to the angle. I have to run up the trailer pretty quick (almost ended up in the back of my Bronco one day when I was distracted) and I try to get an extra 2" up the bow stop. Kelly puts the bar up against the bow eye, but the eye is past the slot. Then I feather the throttle to let the boat slide back those couple of inches and because Kelly has kept pressure on the bar it pops onto the eye and stops the boat where it needs to be. Not elegant, but pretty efficient!

ski_king
04-19-2005, 03:07 PM
I guess I'm lucky Kelly and I figured out a system before we tried to kill each other. .... Not elegant, but pretty efficient!
Similar deal here, but I use my daughters, not my wife to work the bar.

It sure would be nice to be able to load without help.

sfitzgerald351
04-19-2005, 03:27 PM
I can only load without help on shallow ramps. In fact, after the steep ramp I usually use, most ramps seems really easy. But even on the shallow ramps by myself it usually takes a couple of times to get it right. I've also been known to over shoot by a couple of inches, pull the boat out, and then hook my tow strap a sturdy post and a rear eye on the boat and use the truck to pull the trailer forward under the boat the right amount... Whatever works!

erkoehler
04-19-2005, 04:08 PM
Here is a question for you about loading:

Our lake has a really gradual drop off, and there are no public ramps so we have to go through one of the neighbors beaches. You would probably only be in 8-10" (at the trailer wheels) of water with the trucks rear tires on the edge of the water The actual part where we launch is grass/rock on the shore, and then REALLY sandy once you start getting into the water. Anybody have some suggestions on what we can do in order to launch a Mastercraft at a site like this.

Zach S
04-19-2005, 05:24 PM
4X4, Super Swampers, Hold it to the floor and feed it gears. :steering:

erkoehler
04-19-2005, 05:27 PM
I got a 4x4, and we will see over memorial day how it does putting in our smaller boat, but that is one of the reasons I have been holding off on the MC.

sfitzgerald351
04-19-2005, 09:04 PM
You can safely back a truck in till the water hits the bottom of the axle (assuming you think the bottom will support the truck and you won't get stuck....). If you submerge an axle you should change all the fluids out.

If you're worried about getting stuck, just have another truck on hand to pull the whole mess out. And if it's sand, air your tires down to 10-15 psi. Or make sure you're paid up with AAA plus. They'll pull you out as well. Just make sure they send a winch truck!

But you should go out and measure 20-30 feet from shore and see how deep it is. If it's not deep enought to get the boat off at that point you probably ought to find a different spot.

erkoehler
04-19-2005, 09:09 PM
20-30 feet from shore will be plenty deep enough. My main concern is the 10-20 feet from shore.

I guess it will mostly likely mean that I will have the dealer bring the boat out to the lake to make sure it will work before I accept delivery.

An alternative option really isn't available. There is only 3 ramps on the lake that I know of. I told you about one. There is a second at a Jewish camp, and they don't share well, and the third is at another guys house who charges you 30.00 and the ramp is SCAREY! Is scarey steep, and I wouldn't want to even think about seeing a MC go in there! :eek:

erkoehler
04-19-2005, 09:10 PM
[QUOTE=sfitzgerald351]You can safely back a truck in till the water hits the bottom of the axle (assuming you think the bottom will support the truck and you won't get stuck....).

It is a sandy bottom....anybody know how that will work?

sfitzgerald351
04-19-2005, 09:24 PM
Sand is usually firmer underwater than on top. Think about walking on a beach with dry sand and with wet sand. But if it's supersaturated you can have a quicksand like effect too. Soooo.... you'll just have to judge. Hence the comment about having another truck or AAA handy. We do this all the time with a friends boat in Maine with his Toyota 4x4. No problems and we back in till all 4 wheels are in the water (fronts only 1-3' from shore). 4-low and lock the rear diff. If you think you might sink, air down the tires... A lot! To like 10psi They will look pretty flat... which is what you want. You should end up reducing the height of the sidewall by like 1/2. This makes the tires wider and helps them 'float' on top of the sand. Did that make sense?

erkoehler
04-19-2005, 11:02 PM
Yeah it makes sense, but will I still be able to pull out with them like that?

sfitzgerald351
04-20-2005, 12:01 AM
Beats me... depends on how big your tires are and how firm that sand is. If you can walk on the sand without your feet sinking down (e.g. it feels firm) I'd go for it. Or, maybe try driving the truck in without the trailer first and seeing if you can get out. It's easier to pull out a truck than a truck and trailer!

Oh, and this may be obvious, but don't drive far or fast with the tires aired down so low... Fill them up as soon as possible.

erkoehler
04-20-2005, 01:21 AM
Gotcha. Like I said, I will be using my Durango 4x4 do put our smaller boat in on Memorial Day, so we will see how it goes.

Leroy
04-20-2005, 02:15 AM
So what do other people do?

erkoehler
04-20-2005, 04:25 AM
The lake is a pretty quiet lake. The camp has 1 Malibu Response and 1 Malibu Tantrum. That is it for inboard boats on the ENTIRE lake. There might be 2 other outboard boats that you can pull skiers off of including ours. Plus a handful of pontoons that are never out when we are up there. Other than that, there are probably 15 row boats (5 of which we own) and maybe 3-5 of those have motors on them.

It is a really quiet lake. The camp is the only other group that skies on the lake, and there is one guy that will take a circle or two once or twice a day.

Starting Friday night thru Sunday morning, my family is the only ones that ski! The water is beautiful all summer long! :D

BriEOD
04-20-2005, 08:00 AM
Scott is right about the airing down. I've gotten a few HMMWV's unstuck by letting out some air.

jsonova99
04-20-2005, 08:08 AM
Sand is usually firmer underwater than on top. Think about walking on a beach with dry sand and with wet sand. But if it's supersaturated you can have a quicksand like effect too. Soooo.... you'll just have to judge. Hence the comment about having another truck or AAA handy. We do this all the time with a friends boat in Maine with his Toyota 4x4. No problems and we back in till all 4 wheels are in the water (fronts only 1-3' from shore). 4-low and lock the rear diff. If you think you might sink, air down the tires... A lot! To like 10psi They will look pretty flat... which is what you want. You should end up reducing the height of the sidewall by like 1/2. This makes the tires wider and helps them 'float' on top of the sand. Did that make sense?

Is that saltwater that you do that in? Is there anything left of that truck? By the way, I have a cottage in Maine, where in Maine do you guys go?

Ben
04-20-2005, 08:28 AM
Another idea may be to reinforce your hitch and get a super long hitch receiver to slide in.

Or, better yet, come up with something bolt on the boat trailer to extend the tongue. Maybe a 10' stick of 3" x 3" x 1/4" wall steel tubing (or whatever) with an end to mount to the ball welded to one end that somehow bolts to the tongue of your trailer. This would only be for launching, since the brakes wouldn't function & it would kill manueverability. Would keep the truck on solid gound though.

Ben
04-20-2005, 08:45 AM
More thoughts:

Other than lauching a hobie cat with a crewcab dually pickup 5 years ago, I have no beach launching experience, but are you at all worried about the trailer sinking / digging in?

With a single axle trailer, you will have about 3000 lbs on the axle (3300 or so - 300 for the tongue) for a 190 or 205, these are approx numbers....

Not sure on the curb weight of a durango, I guess 4250 - 5250 lbs. Assuming somewhat equal weight distribution, that would mean the boat (which is further in the water) has more weight on the axle than the truck. Maybe you'd want a tandem axle trailer if/when you look for a ski boat. This may be a good observation to make of other people launching boats.

jsonova99
04-20-2005, 08:52 AM
I didn't launch, but I had to pull my old waverunner out of the water from a beach once at our cottage in Maine. My Rover sunk right in coming up the incline. I didn't air down the tires at all which didn't help though. A couple pieces of driftwood uner the tires got it free. It's got to be tough with a regular boat.

Betula7
04-20-2005, 09:46 AM
Looks good Brain. That is on my list when I redo my trailer.

If anybody has a photo of their 80-86 trailer showing the propguard I would appeciate it. A tape measure streched across it giving me the dimensions would be even better!

Powerslot82 I added a boat buddy and prop guard last fall. I have pictures and measurements from the trailer I copied, I will look for them and post them.

sfitzgerald351
04-20-2005, 10:25 AM
Is that saltwater that you do that in? Is there anything left of that truck? By the way, I have a cottage in Maine, where in Maine do you guys go?

Friends of ours have a camp on Moose Pond near Denmark. I would never back my truck into saltwater!

sfitzgerald351
04-20-2005, 10:26 AM
I didn't launch, but I had to pull my old waverunner out of the water from a beach once at our cottage in Maine. My Rover sunk right in coming up the incline. I didn't air down the tires at all which didn't help though. A couple pieces of driftwood uner the tires got it free. It's got to be tough with a regular boat.

But remember, sand is usually firmer in the water... So if the shore is grass / rock he'll probably be okay.

sfitzgerald351
04-20-2005, 10:27 AM
Oh, one more thing. Take some pictures of this! We want to see what happens.

jsonova99
04-20-2005, 10:28 AM
Friends of ours have a camp on Moose Pond near Denmark. I would never back my truck into saltwater!

We're right on the Penobscot Bay in Searsport, about an hour south of Bar Harbor. I make my Dad bring his boat up since we overlook salt water :D

sfitzgerald351
04-20-2005, 10:34 AM
Nice! We try to get up to Acadia every year. The whole coastline is beautiful. Give me a holler when you come up and I can give you a pull in Boston on your way. The boat is old, but I've got tunes and a 454!

jsonova99
04-20-2005, 10:37 AM
Nice! We try to get up to Acadia every year. The whole coastline is beautiful. Give me a holler when you come up and I can give you a pull in Boston on your way. The boat is old, but I've got tunes and a 454!

Sweet!! :toast:

jsonova99
04-20-2005, 10:39 AM

I actually do a lot of kayaking in Acadia, absolutely gorgeous. Then I head into town for a few beers and some lunch. Doesn't get any better than that!

sfitzgerald351
04-20-2005, 02:48 PM
Go to "Poor Boys" in town for the best meal. It's the last place on the left on the main road out of town (the one that comes up the hill from the dock and goes towards the loop road entrance). Inexpensive and REALLY good.

Betula7
04-20-2005, 08:49 PM
Powerslot82 Here are the pictures and drawings with the measurements.
I hope this works as the attachment is not showing up in the preview post

Betula7
04-20-2005, 08:52 PM
Powerslot82 These pictures are how it turn out on my trailer :D

sfitzgerald351
04-21-2005, 12:31 AM
Thanks for the photos and measurements. How has that design held up for you. Seems like you have a lot of metal riding low to the ground to drag, rather than just a guard at the rear? I've got the same trailer and need to build a prop guard one of these days so I've been looking for a while for a design to copy.

erkoehler
04-21-2005, 01:15 AM
Oh, one more thing. Take some pictures of this! We want to see what happens.

I'll be sure to snap some photos over memorial day weekend. It usually isn't a problem with the size boat that we have now, but you never know. Plus, the trailer we have now tilts to dump the boat off and make it easier to bring on.

Betula7
04-21-2005, 08:49 PM
sfitzgerald351. Hi. As the work was done in the fall I haven't had a chance to try it out. Especially with backing into the driveway or backing down the boat launch. The pictures I posted were from the boat I copied the design off of. It is a 1989 boat and trailer that the owner had since new. It was a factory installation. I had to tweek the measurements a little to fit my trailer. I'll be trying it out in mid May.

erkoehler
04-21-2005, 08:53 PM
Looks like it should do the job :D

Betula7
04-21-2005, 09:08 PM

Tom Jones
04-23-2005, 11:45 AM
I have a trailer just like the one you restored. It needs some work to bring it back up to snuff though. Does anybody know if there is a market for 1970's vintage MasterCraft trailers?

signed Canuck

erkoehler
04-24-2005, 03:51 AM
I think that would have to be a pretty limited market!
:twocents:

bobski
05-08-2005, 11:16 PM
Trailer looks great.

I really like the ski platform on your boat. Is it stock or after market? If aftermarket, where did you get it?

Thanks

SKI*MC
05-08-2005, 11:19 PM
Its Origianal, i just put about 5 hours of sanding on it, and re-teaked the whole thing, we put a transom saver on it too, we even just put a couple more coats of teak oil on the platform today.

scott88prostar
05-08-2005, 11:24 PM
skimc that is one great looking trailer...I have the same one I think!....did your come with those red fenders?...thats my next project....but I havent finished the one Ive started! (upholstery)

6ballsisall
05-08-2005, 11:37 PM
Ski MC your boat and trailer looks excellent!!! Nice work!

SKI*MC
05-09-2005, 11:04 PM
skimc that is one great looking trailer...I have the same one I think!....did your come with those red fenders?...thats my next project....but I havent finished the one Ive started! (upholstery)

This is the second time the trailer has been redone, orginally it was all grey, then it was painted red with a lot of pin striping work (it looked cool at first but the the pin striping stated chipping away) And now we powder coated the frame, and gelcoated the fenders.

jimmer2880
05-10-2005, 07:26 AM
This is the second time the trailer has been redone, orginally it was all grey, then it was painted red with a lot of pin striping work (it looked cool at first but the the pin striping stated chipping away) And now we powder coated the frame, and gelcoated the fenders.

If you dont' mind me asking.... how much does it cost to powdercoat one of these trailers?

erkoehler
05-10-2005, 08:15 AM
If you dont' mind me asking.... how much does it cost to powdercoat one of these trailers?

I have only had a smaller muffler for a snowmobile powder coated black, and it cost me 150.00. So, it isn't cheap, but does hold up well in the elements.

jimmer2880
05-10-2005, 08:21 AM
I have only had a smaller muffler for a snowmobile powder coated black, and it cost me 150.00. So, it isn't cheap, but does hold up well in the elements.

I know what wheels, etc (smaller items) cost. But, never heard of anyone doing a trailer before. I have to think it's not a pretty number (unless you're the one doing the powder coating).

I'm guesing $2k

jsonova99
05-10-2005, 08:22 AM

Personally I think powder coating is extremely overrated. I guess it depends on the application, but anything that is going to be out in the sun will last about 6 months. I had my last Land Rover Discovery pretty decked out with off-road gear, and the roof rack, light guards, and bull bar were all powder coated. After about 4 months they started to fade, and after 6 months I was having to clean up surface rust. I have mixed feelings on it, I'd be curious to hear how well it holds up over time. :twocents:

jsonova99
05-10-2005, 08:25 AM
I will say though for a steel trailer I'm sure that it is a much better option than paint.

JEREMY79
05-10-2005, 09:10 AM
not to jump ship here but, When I did my trailer (not painted yet) the most expensive thing was the lights. I went for all new LED's those are high.

SKI*MC
05-10-2005, 11:25 PM

It was very Cheep when we did it, something like $300 for sandblast and powder coat, and gavenized undernieth

milkmania
05-10-2005, 11:38 PM
ski*mc,

I think that is b/c you simply don't hear good stories in general. I don't come in after a day at the lake and tell the good things that happened, I ask for advice on the bad things that happened, but......

Sunday, I was on the way back from the lake. we stopped at Piggly Wiggly to pick up a few things. after my wife came back out, we headed home, and I passed the last store in the strip mall, there was a huge dip in the pavement. I had never noticed it before, because I had never been in a 20ft long truck pulling a 20 ft rig behind me. I drug the prop guard for about 2.5 feet.....whew......save my prop that's for sure. :smile:

I've drug my prop guard a few times....
where it drags at, I usually try to remember that location and either stay away or go at an angle.

H20skeefreek, you've still got a Piggly Wiggly?!?!?!?!?!:eek3:

they pulled them from my area 30 years ago

jsonova99
05-10-2005, 11:42 PM
It was very Cheep when we did it, something like $300 for sandblast and powder coat, and gavenized undernieth

wow, that's a really good price

SKI*MC
05-10-2005, 11:42 PM
We have a piggly wiggly

jimmer2880
05-11-2005, 07:09 AM

WOW! - that's what they charge around here to do a go-cart (a buddy of mine used to race them).

jsonova99
05-11-2005, 08:01 AM
I am still contemplating restoring my old MC trailer, if I could get it done for that much I would, but that will not be an easy deal to find.

SKI*MC
05-11-2005, 10:32 PM
heres a picture of the fender, with the deck dots on the top, it looks really cool. Oh yeah, and new chrome rims and Goodyear tires. :cool:

jimmer2880
05-12-2005, 06:41 AM
heres a picture of the fender, with the deck dots on the top, it looks really cool. Oh yeah, and new chrome rims and Goodyear tires. :cool:

WOW! - that's one sweet rig!:worthy:

SKI*MC
05-12-2005, 11:23 PM
Thanks, i think it ended up looking cooler than any trailer i have ever seen so far!

sbuell
05-13-2005, 01:26 AM
Looks great!! :D

Now you need to do something about getting a matching tie down strap.

SKI*MC
05-18-2005, 10:08 PM
Thanks, it looks even better in person!

Cloaked
05-18-2005, 10:31 PM
Thanks, it looks even better in person!How about a few more pics of the entire boat (various shots, interior and exterior, trailer etc). Showcase it, if you will??? Nice looking machine, what I can see of it....

PE4ME
05-18-2005, 10:32 PM
Looks great...lots of hours I bet. I like the grip tape, decals etc...custom?
I have a 94 trailer that needs TLC...actually lots.
Fiberglass I am comfortable with but I am wondering what can be done to galvanized?
Not trying to steal the thread...but can galvanized be painted over? Boat is in fresh water now, but the finish is quite unsightly. Can it be cleaned, buffed shined? probably not ... but ??? ideas?

upnorth
05-18-2005, 10:47 PM
I have a 1988 SMP trailer that came with my '88 TRI STAR 190. Can anyone tell me about these trailers. It is a tandem that I would like to add a boat buddy and prop guard to. Can brakes be added? Is the manufacturer still in business? Does anyone have contact info? - Thanks

Cloaked
05-18-2005, 11:16 PM
I have a 1988 SMP trailer that came with my '88 TRI STAR 190. Can anyone tell me about these trailers. It is a tandem that I would like to add a boat buddy and prop guard to. Can brakes be added? Is the manufacturer still in business? Does anyone have contact info? - Thanksupnorth, in my opinion I'd not trust a Boat Buddy for securing a boat to the trailer. It's (obviously) your call and I am not using your post to bust your chops. Look at the pics of a boat I lost off of a trailer. They are posted here somewhere. Now figure this.... Boat Buddys break. Someone here was recently asking how to repair one. At that moment I thought I'd never trust anything that breaks, to hold my boat to the trailer (as I trusted the welds). As handy and nifty as they may be........ I just don't trust them. This is just US$0.02 worth of an opinion.

Back to topic..... More pics of yEr machine SKI*MC... :)

SKI*MC
05-19-2005, 09:56 PM
How about a few more pics of the entire boat (various shots, interior and exterior, trailer etc). Showcase it, if you will??? Nice looking machine, what I can see of it....

I have some more picks inside of my profile in the showcase part of the web site, i dont know if you noticed that yet.

Cloaked
05-19-2005, 10:13 PM
Link? :confused:

Too many clicks for me.

SKI*MC
05-19-2005, 11:28 PM
http://www.tmcowners.com/photopost/showgallery.php?cat=500&ppuser=1511

Cloaked
05-19-2005, 11:41 PM
http://www.tmcowners.com/photopost/showgallery.php?cat=500&ppuser=1511
<< SMOOCH! >> :banana:

Cloaked
05-19-2005, 11:47 PM
Nice machine but those pics don't do your boat justice. If you please and I may ask, snap a few more with some additional detail on interior and a few more selected sunlighting pics of the exterior color and a few more of the trailer... Anytime over the weekend will be fine with me... :D :D

SKI*MC
05-21-2005, 10:26 PM
yeah, i have been meening to get around to that.

SKI*MC
06-01-2005, 11:00 PM
Heres some interior pictures

SKI*MC
06-07-2005, 09:48 PM
is anyone looking at these?

sbuell
06-08-2005, 02:01 PM
Do you have any more detail of the hooks or whatever is on the starboard side picture. Can you remove the whole works. I want something that I can use to store stuff in the boat bust take out the whole rack and leave on shore or the garage wall.

SKI*MC
06-08-2005, 07:19 PM
They stay on, on the other side by the slolom ski there is a rack or the boom.

RedStar
06-08-2005, 08:48 PM
Isn't the boat buddy intended to make loading easier? I use it to secure the boat while we pull up the ramp, then crank down the winch strap thru the bow eye. Others? Also, I see some without rear being strapped down to the trailer. Is this safe for towing?

SKI*MC
06-08-2005, 09:16 PM
Our trailer never had one, and yes towing without a rear strap is very dangerous! Always tow with one!

BriEOD
06-08-2005, 09:20 PM
I modified my trailer by adding a boat buddy (I love that thing!!). I also use a 5K lb tinisle strength strap to keep the trailer under the boat.

SKI*MC
06-08-2005, 09:31 PM
I wish we would have added the boat buddy beofre we powder coated it.

Cloaked
06-08-2005, 10:24 PM
is anyone looking at these?Thanks Ski MC... You have a nice looking machine. I currently have an 85 with the same color scheme. A point of comparison if I may? I had the red carpet up until just a few weeks ago. I replaced it with light grey carpet. Talk about a nice change for the boat (IMHO). That color gives the boat a new character by lighting up the floor and allowing a visual attraction to the lower area of the boat. Not that yErs is not an attractive color but I am merely pointing out the nice change of pace for aesthetics. Thank you for taking the time to post the pics.

SKI*MC
06-08-2005, 11:03 PM
I post them so other peolpe can enjoy it as much as i do! Thanks, as for the lighter carpet, we go ao place with 8 inches og muck on the bottome, Neosho goers know what i am talking about. Other wise it would look nice!

nbogan44
08-14-2006, 04:14 PM
where did you get your platform. I've got a 79 S&S and I want to replace the platform with a teak one and I'm having the toughest time finding one.

let me know,
Nick nbogan44@yahoo.com

Slinkyredfoot
09-14-2006, 02:14 PM
Hey would you contact me, I am restoring an old 1979 have some questions about swim deck guages etc. Thanks
Steve
esteveh@sbcglobal.net

JohnE
09-23-2006, 08:31 AM
Why am I not seeing any photos in this thread? Is it my computer, or is it something with the posts being over a year old?

BriEOD
09-23-2006, 08:40 AM
Why am I not seeing any photos in this thread? Is it my computer, or is it something with the posts being over a year old?
Unfortunately, a year or so ago they updated the server and all the photos were lost.

JohnE
09-23-2006, 08:42 AM
Thanks, I just read that in another thread, too. That's too bad, especially for those of us newer to the forum.

atlfootr
10-18-2006, 10:48 AM
who yanked ALL the pictures and why :confused:

BriEOD
10-18-2006, 06:44 PM
When they updated the server we lost a lot of photos.