PDA

View Full Version : Knox Family Update!!

Knox's_Better_half
06-27-2008, 08:07 AM
Wow, what a week, what a day!!! Yesterday we found out that Knox got a promotion to Tsgt and will put it on in the next couple of months....a nice pay raise!! Totally worth the studying and crap we have gone through...he made it!!! Shortly after that call, I got anothe call from the agent.....You have 47 minutes to clean 3200 sq ft for a second showing. Knox is in KY and I have all the kids!!!! Somehow, I managed to pull it off!! We got a contract on our house and the inspection is today and we are set to close on 8/1/08!!!! Did I forget to mention that we are going on our RV trip from 7/11 to 7/28?!?!?!
We are so excited!! This is an awful market to sell in!!! But!!! we did it and our family will be together when we take our next assignment!!
Thank you to all of our friends for your thoughts and prayers!! I know that our family has sure needed them!
YEAH...:D.we are moving!!! South Carolina here we come!!
The Knox crew:cool:

trickskier
06-27-2008, 08:11 AM
That's GREAT news!!! Congratulations!!! Is Andrew where I can call and congratulate him???

Knox's_Better_half
06-27-2008, 08:15 AM
That's GREAT news!!! Congratulations!!! Is Andrew where I can call and congratulate him???

Yep!!He made it home last night in time to sign the contract.:cool: He is taking today to stay here and help me because we have the inspection this afternoon. I think we all need a long break after all of this!;)

coz
06-27-2008, 08:17 AM
Wow, what a week, what a day!!! Yesterday we found out that Knox got a promotion to Tsgt and will put it on in the next couple of months....a nice pay raise!! Totally worth the studying and crap we have gone through...he made it!!! Shortly after that call, I got anothe call from the agent.....You have 47 minutes to clean 3200 sq ft for a second showing. Knox is in KY and I have all the kids!!!! Somehow, I managed to pull it off!! We got a contract on our house and the inspection is today and we are set to close on 8/1/08!!!! Did I forget to mention that we are going on our RV trip from 7/11 to 7/28?!?!?!
We are so excited!! This is an awful market to sell in!!! But!!! we did it and our family will be together when we take our next assignment!!
Thank you to all of our friends for your thoughts and prayers!! I know that our family has sure needed them!
YEAH..we are moving!!! South Carolina here we come!!
The Knox crew

Congrats to you and the sarge on the sell of your house and promotion :banana: It is a tough market I had a rental in Calif. I listed in January and thought I'd sit on it for months before it sold :confused: but after 3 months we got an offer and we took it.
Have a safe RV trip and good luck on the move :D

BriEOD
06-27-2008, 08:17 AM
Congrats on the new stripe. Make sure you tack it on...hard! Tech and Senior are the hard ones.

Your current situation sounds a lot like ours. We have to be up in DC (Pentagon) come 15 Aug. We elected to rent our home. We have only been in it about 2 yrs and didn't want to lose a lot of the money we put down. Our house was on the rent market 5 days, we had plenty of showings and we got a tenant. Another military family, luckily.

Good luck with the move. We loved SC. Although, we were in Charleston versus Sumter. Hopefully, you elect to live closer to Columbia.

Good luck.

trickskier
06-27-2008, 08:18 AM
Yep!!He made it home last night in time to sign the contract.:cool: He is taking today to stay here and help me because we have the inspection this afternoon. I think we all need a long break after all of this!;)

Great, I'll call in a little while...................What time will he be cleaning the toliets??? 8p

Knox's_Better_half
06-27-2008, 08:20 AM
Great, I'll call in a little while...................What time will he be cleaning the toliets??? 8p

Thats funny!!! The princess does not do toilets......he claims that the cleaners affect his sinuses:rolleyes: Then he hides in the garage doing the whole man thing:rolleyes::D

Knox's_Better_half
06-27-2008, 08:21 AM
Congrats to you and the sarge on the sell of your house and promotion :banana: It is a tough market I had a rental in Calif. I listed in January and thought I'd sit on it for months before it sold :confused: but after 3 months we got an offer and we took it.
Have a safe RV trip and good luck on the move :D

Thank you!! It has been a long wait to sell this place!!

Knox's_Better_half
06-27-2008, 08:25 AM
Congrats on the new stripe. Make sure you tack it on...hard! Tech and Senior are the hard ones.

Your current situation sounds a lot like ours. We have to be up in DC (Pentagon) come 15 Aug. We elected to rent our home. We have only been in it about 2 yrs and didn't want to lose a lot of the money we put down. Our house was on the rent market 5 days, we had plenty of showings and we got a tenant. Another military family, luckily.

Good luck with the move. We loved SC. Although, we were in Charleston versus Sumter. Hopefully, you elect to live closer to Columbia.

Good luck.

Brian, thank you!! I fully intend on tacking that strip on HARD!!!!8p That is one promotion party I will be attending!!!:D He has been working on this for 5 years!!!! NOw this one is done we will start the studying for Master....hopefully he can make Senior before we retire......not that far away. But I think if he has got a shot, we may stay for another 4 past the 20.
We are still not sure where to go yet....we have hardly looked due to the reality that the kids and I may be stuck here while he is there. Now the push is on.
Good luck to you in DC, maybe we will stop by and visit next summer. that is our family destination in the RV next summer.

BriEOD
06-27-2008, 08:35 AM
Yes, well please let us know if you come through.

On another note, is he going back to former career field or staying in his current one. If it is the former, any chance he will be deploying?

coz
06-27-2008, 08:45 AM
Thats funny!!! The princess does not do toilets......he claims that the cleaners affect his sinuses:rolleyes: Then he hides in the garage doing the whole man thing

It's not hiding it's called collecting our thoughts :D

My brother inlaw and sister inlaw were AF lifers infact she's still in and he's retired. When they met he was a seargant and she was a captain (ooooh! fratinization!) Anyway they went through their military careers hiding this little secret for 20+ years :confused: he retired a master sgt. and she's an LTC on the way to full bird colonel :D

Knox's_Better_half
06-27-2008, 08:47 AM
Yes, well please let us know if you come through.

On another note, is he going back to former career field or staying in his current one. If it is the former, any chance he will be deploying?

NOPE!!!! We got real close early this year, we got a call that he was on the RTF (return to force) list. It was handled before we even knew. His boss at the time along with some other Seniors that we know went to bat and took it all the way to the top to keep him in his current spot. So,,,,, even though it is a fighter base, we will not be working on any jets or deploying.....this tour. We have been out of the F15 world for 7+ years, and hopefully he will be able to continue in this field to retirement. But every tour brings a new challenge to stay. Gotta love politics:rolleyes:

bbymgr
06-27-2008, 08:50 AM
Congratulations on Knox making E-6. You gotta love the jumps in pay grade!!! Does the Air Force have to go through B-knock to reach E-6 or is that just an Army thing?

Knox's_Better_half
06-27-2008, 08:51 AM
Brian we will look you guys up when we get there. That is one trip that we have wanted to do for awhile. We were thinking that we were going there this year, but we decided to head west to see my mom in Yellowstone and go to Rushmore. Next year the baby will be older and I will be able to handle all the walking a little better in DC:rolleyes::D

Knox's_Better_half
06-27-2008, 08:52 AM
Congratulations on Knox making E-6. You gotta love the jumps in pay grade!!! Does the Air Force have to go through B-knock to reach E-6 or is that just an Army thing?

Thank you!!!
Whats B-knock?!?!?! That has got to be just an Army thing.:cool:

Knox's_Better_half
06-27-2008, 08:53 AM
It's not hiding it's called collecting our thoughts :D

My brother inlaw and sister inlaw were AF lifers infact she's still in and he's retired. When they met he was a seargant and she was a captain (ooooh! fratinization!) Anyway they went through their military careers hiding this little secret for 20+ years :confused: he retired a master sgt. and she's an LTC on the way to full bird colonel

Dont Ask Dont Tell!!8p:D

bbymgr
06-27-2008, 08:53 AM
Thank you!!!
Whats B-knock?!?!?! That has got to be just an Army thing.:cool:

It stands for Basic Noncommissioned Officers' Course. It must be just Army.

Knox's_Better_half
06-27-2008, 08:56 AM
Must be! He will promote and then later head off to the NCO Academy......6 weeks me and my kids in SC.....by ourselves. Its cool, I can handle it!! I am just lovin that pay raise!!8p:D

coz
06-27-2008, 08:56 AM
It stands for Basic Noncommissioned Officers' Course. It must be just Army.

When I was In the Army it was A-knock then changed to B-knock If I remember right. The A was advanced.

BriEOD
06-27-2008, 09:00 AM
A-Knock E-7
B-Knock E-6

AF Enlisted Professional Military Education

Airman Leadership School - before you put on E-5
Non Commissioned Officers Academy - before you put on E-7
Senior Non Commissioned Officers Academy - before you put on E-9

bbymgr
06-27-2008, 09:23 AM
A-Knock E-7
B-Knock E-6

Sounds like the same stuff with different name.

TMCNo1
06-27-2008, 09:28 AM
Congratulations!

peason
06-27-2008, 09:34 AM
Congratulations! I saw from some of your other posts that you are making your way through Minnesota. If you need a place to park the trailer and would like to do some water skiing - come on over. We live on a small lake that is a 20 -30 minute drive from the Mall of America - on the east side of the Metro. Have a great trip!

Knox's_Better_half
06-27-2008, 09:38 AM
Congratulations! I saw from some of your other posts that you are making your way through Minnesota. If you need a place to park the trailer and would like to do some water skiing - come on over. We live on a small lake that is a 20 -30 minute drive from the Mall of America - on the east side of the Metro. Have a great trip!

That is awesome!!! I will talk with Knox and maybe we can all get together! Thank you!!!

I just love TT friends and FAMILY!! I love MasterCraft!!:cool:

Gonzo
06-27-2008, 09:47 AM
I had no Idea he was in the service,

The Deanhardts' appreciate his service, and your familys as well. None of these family military folks do it alone.

Thank You, and Congratulations :dance::banana::dance:

VOLFAN
06-27-2008, 09:52 AM
Congrats Knox! We will celebrate at the Bash!

also congrats on selling the house too. Did you happen to try my little trick I told ya about?

JohnE
06-27-2008, 10:04 AM
Michelle, congrats to you and Andrew! We are happy for you.

Mikey
06-27-2008, 10:08 AM
Congrats Knox!:toast: I missed it by 6 points this year. I guess I should have studied a little harder. :(

KnoxX2
06-27-2008, 10:10 AM
Thank you everyone! Lets just say that yesterday was a big day in the Mehler House......

Willski
06-27-2008, 10:18 AM
Congrats. Lot of things happening at once!! Good things though!

coz
06-27-2008, 10:36 AM
A-Knock E-7
B-Knock E-6

That's why I only lasted for a 3 year tour :confused: I can't remember nut'n :D

chudson
06-27-2008, 10:38 AM
Congratulations on all your great happenings, good things come to good people!!!

Chief
06-27-2008, 10:46 AM
Congrats on the promotion! Now tell him to get to work.

east tx skier
06-27-2008, 10:47 AM
Congrats, Knoxes!

Roonie's
06-27-2008, 11:08 AM
That is awesome!!! I will talk with Knox and maybe we can all get together! Thank you!!!

I just love TT friends and FAMILY!! I love MasterCraft!!:cool:

I live about 5 minutes from Peason in the twin cities, MN. You are more than welcome to stay at our place too and we have the room for the family as well. We have a 4 and 5 year old so it gets crazy at times. PM me if needed.

Knox's_Better_half
06-27-2008, 11:10 AM
I live about 5 minutes from Peason in the twin cities, MN. You are more than welcome to stay at our place too and we have the room for the family as well. PM me if needed.

Thank you!! We are hoping to be that way around the 22nd. Not sure exactly. We have to take the kids to the mall of America.....we promised:( But truth be told...I am thinking it will be tons of fun after being withthem in an RV for days on end;):D
I will look at the schedule and shoot you a PM. Thanks again so much

Knox's_Better_half
06-27-2008, 11:15 AM
BTW....this is/was our home:):(
http://www.cbww.com/property/property.asp?PRM_MLSNumber=612194&PRM_MlsName=KnoxvilleTN

Now, to find another with a garage big enough for Knox's ego, I mean boat8p:D

trickskier
06-27-2008, 11:57 AM
BTW....this is/was our home
http://www.cbww.com/property/property.asp?PRM_MLSNumber=612194&PRM_MlsName=KnoxvilleTN

Now, to find another with a garage big enough for Knox's ego, I mean boat 8p:D

Aren't they one in the same??? 8p;)

BIGBADBLUE
06-27-2008, 12:11 PM
Nice work Know ... where ya moving to?

milkmania
06-27-2008, 01:10 PM
Did you happen to try my little trick I told ya about?

you didn't tell her about burying the St. Joseph statue, did you:confused:

suedv
06-27-2008, 02:11 PM
Way to go! Congratulations.

erkoehler
06-27-2008, 02:55 PM
Awesome news, CONGRATS!

Gonzo
06-27-2008, 02:59 PM

thats a pace of 1k post per year...plus ski time.... plus better half and family time... when did he do all that stuyding?

KnoxX2
06-27-2008, 03:47 PM

thats a pace of 1k post per year...plus ski time.... plus better half and family time... when did he do all that stuyding?

Lots of late nights:rolleyes:8p:D

ShamrockIV
06-27-2008, 04:01 PM
congrats!!!!!!!!!!

Gonzo
06-27-2008, 04:13 PM
Lots of late nights:rolleyes:8p:D

I covered that... see!

thats a pace of 1k post per year...plus ski time.... plus better half time and family time... when did he do all that stuyding?

KnoxX2
06-27-2008, 04:16 PM
Gonzo I will be up in your area latter this year. Next job has me traveling all over NC. and SC.

SkiDog
06-27-2008, 04:34 PM
Congrats Knox! Does this mean that MM4is out of the question now? Hope not!

Gonzo
06-27-2008, 04:37 PM
Gonzo I will be up in your area latter this year. Next job has me traveling all over NC. and SC.

Thats Awesome! definately give us a call. Hammer and I ski during the afternoons some near the Raleigh Area, and I take the kids wallying on the weekends up close to Va on Gaston. Your welcome on either trip!

KnoxX2
06-27-2008, 04:43 PM
Thanks I will look you guys up when I get out there.

KnoxX2
06-27-2008, 04:44 PM
Congrats Knox! Does this mean that MM4is out of the question now? Hope not!

I am working MM4 :D

SkiDog
06-27-2008, 04:56 PM
I am working MM4 :D

What the hell does THAT mean? Are you working AT that event?, Are you working during that event? Or are you working on GOING to that event?

KnoxX2
06-27-2008, 05:03 PM
What the hell does THAT mean? Are you working AT that event?, Are you working during that event? Or are you working on GOING to that event?

Working on GOING!!!!

Boy some peoples kids I swear!!!! LOL 8p:D

dapicatti
06-27-2008, 10:23 PM
Wow, congrats to you all.

erkoehler
06-27-2008, 10:48 PM
Working on GOING!!!!

Boy some peoples kids I swear!!!! LOL 8p:D

Make it happen :) Maybe I'll have a delivery for you there :cool:

Footin
06-27-2008, 11:17 PM
Andy will make it, I have faith.

Mag_Red
06-27-2008, 11:52 PM
Congrats Michelle and Andrew!!!!!!!!! Have fun on your trip and hope to see you at the end of Summer:banana: