PDA

View Full Version : 1st Time out with new ACME 541

JohnnyB
04-17-2005, 07:14 PM
Wow!!! :banana:

Amazing difference in my boat's performance. Significantly better hole shot and mid-range power. Definately did not hurt the top end either.

Rooster tail was reduced less than I had hoped. However, it is smaller and about 15-20ft further toward the boat, making the barefoot wake much better.

This was money well spent.

Thanks Brian!!!!!

MarkP
04-17-2005, 07:18 PM
I'm hearing a lot of good things about that prop. I wonder how the oj will stack up??

André
04-17-2005, 08:03 PM
Johnny
I think your the first one of the group that didn't bent the his prop.Congrats!
I was also hoping for a reduced rooster tail with my new 541...

BrianM
04-18-2005, 09:18 AM
Glad I was able to help.

I unfortunately did not have enough time to get hard numbers on the OJ XMP that we have been running on my ski partners 205. We did get a couple of more sets on it yesterday though. The boat holds speed much better through the corse than it did with the stock 13 x 13 Legend. Hole shot seems improved a bit but since he has the LT1 it is hard to tell because the boat pulled like a monster out of the hole before.

I skied my boat on Saturday with the Acme 541 and am continually surprised by the performance. Much better out of the hole and the speed holding through the course is amazing. I also pulled two jumpers this weekend and the boat held speed so much better than it used to. Did not have to throttle the boat near as much during the cut as I used to. I love this prop and have to agree with many before that say it is probably the single best improvement that can be made to an older boat.

east tx skier
04-18-2005, 10:08 AM
I'm getting my boat back today. Tentative plans to go to the lake the last weekend in April. My plan is to take both props with me. Stay tuned.

tex
04-18-2005, 10:45 AM
I'm glad your first time out was better than mine.

6ballsisall
04-18-2005, 11:09 AM
I'm glad your first time out was better than mine.

Ditto :(

JohnnyB
04-18-2005, 07:28 PM
I did take note that every maiden voyage of a 541 seemed to end in prop carnage. I didn't want to put the word "curse" in writing or even refer to it until I successfully completed an outing with the prop in tact......guess the monkey is off our backs....

Brian, thanks again for putting the deal together!!!

Anxious to see how the OJ compares......

Farmer Ted
04-18-2005, 07:31 PM
Johnny
I think your the first one of the group that didn't bent the his prop.Congrats!
I was also hoping for a reduced rooster tail with my new 541...

Hey Dude, I didn't tweak mine and I've had the boat out twice!

First time was a cruise around the lake, second time got a little two eventing (kneeboard and slalom)

Water was too cold (77) so I'll probably wait a month until it gets up to 89......

BrianM
04-18-2005, 08:05 PM
I have had my boat out for a total of about 5 engine hours and didn't manage to ding my 541 up either.

Knocking on wood as we speak.........

André
04-18-2005, 08:39 PM
Water was too cold (77) so I'll probably wait a month until it gets up to 89......
Sure,hit a guy when his lake is still frozen... :rant:
Mine is still in the box.Maybe i should quiet down...

jletoo
04-18-2005, 08:57 PM
Farmer Ted

You taking a bath or what?? 77 seems warm to me..colorado river...constant 59, winter or summer, does not matter..seems cold, but when its 110, feels oh so good

roddydog
04-18-2005, 09:02 PM
Farmer Ted

You taking a bath or what?? 77 seems warm to me..colorado river...constant 59, winter or summer, does not matter..seems cold, but when its 110, feels oh so good
Exactly!!!! 77 is balmy!!!!

Farmer Ted
04-18-2005, 09:30 PM
Sure,hit a guy when his lake is still frozen... :rant:
Mine is still in the box.Maybe i should quiet down...

Hit? My Canadian Brother from another Mother, that was a kick!

I was in Minneapolis three weeks ago and saw some of that white stuff on the lake, in fact there was still snow in some of the ditches on the east side of the Interstate.

I'll be back in the water as soon as my arms and upper back stop hurting, hell the water may be 87 by then! :cry:

Farmer Ted
04-18-2005, 09:32 PM
I have had my boat out for a total of about 5 engine hours and didn't manage to ding my 541 up either.

Knocking on wood as we speak.........

What can we say Brian? Louisiana is a boat drivers paradise!

PeteS
04-19-2005, 08:30 AM
I had my re-built 541 out on the lake last night for the first time, and knock on wood, no dings. For those of you have have bent theirs, and are curious as to the performance after a re-build, myself nor did anyone else in the boat notice a difference before and after.

Because of the precise dimensional tollerances of a CNC'd prop, they told me it's impossible to get the prop back to orginal condition -- but they can come close. I was told that 99.9% of the people cannot tell the difference when it's on the boat.

It is still hot out of the hole, and smooth as silk. I sent it back to Acme for the job, and had it back in my hands 5 days later. It was $95.00 total, and looks brand new -- the CNC mill lines are even still in the areas where the repairs took place.

JohnnyB
04-19-2005, 08:45 PM
77 degrees is balmy. We were out footin this weekend....air temp 70deg, water temp mid 40s F. Were three wakeboard boats out on the same stretch of river -- we expected to be alone with the water temps still that low. Wisconsin is back in the 50s for air temps tomorrow for the rest of the week. Hoping for another sunday afternoon run.

BrianM
04-20-2005, 10:01 AM
What can we say Brian? Louisiana is a boat drivers paradise!

Don't know about paradise but the pond we ski on has nothing on the bottom but soft, deep mud except for at the bottom of the ramp which has some limestone. You can say that the lake is pretty prop friendly unless you manage to put your boat on the bank while making the turn at the end of the course :rolleyes:

Sounds like your water up north is warmer than it is down here on the bayou. I think our water is still in the upper 60s or right at 70. Did ski this past weekend without a wetsuit for the first time but did use my drytop (I'm a cold wuss). Not very much longer and we will be sking in the famed southern hot Mayonase (sp?). Same temperature and humidity in and out of the water 95 degrees and 100% :toast:

east tx skier
04-20-2005, 10:17 AM
My favorite lake is in Texas and Louisiana. I was in with no wetsuit this past Sunday. If water temp was in the 70s, it was the low 70s. I'll take it though. Apart from some fisherman, I was the only one on the water.