PDA

View Full Version : Lanier, Alatoona, Atlanta region

ugalee
06-25-2008, 05:00 PM
My wife and i recently moved into the land of the drought and are looking for a regular pull. Fuel and food are always included:)

lassy
06-25-2008, 05:03 PM
ugalee, PM sent!

atlfootr
06-25-2008, 05:16 PM
ugalee
http://www.tmcowners.com/teamtalk/image.php?u=1049&dateline=1209158184 (http://www.tmcowners.com/teamtalk/member.php?u=1049)

Who's cooking .... where are ya on Lanier?

lanier92prostar
06-25-2008, 07:51 PM
I have time to give plenty of pulls. Hurt my knee this past weekend and I am possibly out for the rest of the summer. Send me a PM. I am on Lanier and frequent Carters.

atlfootr
06-26-2008, 09:21 AM
Now Y did ya go ahead and do that ya crazy man?
I didn't even get a chance to get back up there to hang w/ ya :rolleyes:

Jerseydave
06-26-2008, 10:38 PM
Slight threadjack..........

What lakes near Atlanta would you guys recommend to live on full time? We may want to move down that way someday (15 years +/-) and it would be nice to be on a lake not too far from Atlanta. Water would have to be nice for skiing/boarding most of the time.
Suggestions?

GASouthernMC
06-26-2008, 10:44 PM
Slight threadjack..........

What lakes near Atlanta would you guys recommend to live on full time? We may want to move down that way someday (15 years +/-) and it would be nice to be on a lake not too far from Atlanta. Water would have to be nice for skiing/boarding most of the time.
Suggestions?

Good Luck with that. Lanier is busy as heck most of the time except for mornings and evenings during the week. I'm not sure about Allatoona. Lake Oconee, Sinclair, and Jackson, which are on the east side of Atlanta would probably be the best bets. But, thats talking about today, so who knows about 15 years from now

Rich-Atlanta
06-27-2008, 01:00 PM
Alatoona is almost as busy as Lanier on the weekends the only good water is before 9am or after 7pm. Monday through Thursday is great until about about 11am. One other consideration for Alatoona is that the Army Corps of engineers drops the lake levels (almost dry) after Memorial day.

Jerseydave
06-27-2008, 04:08 PM
Alatoona is almost as busy as Lanier on the weekends the only good water is before 9am or after 7pm. Monday through Thursday is great until about about 11am. One other consideration for Alatoona is that the Army Corps of engineers drops the lake levels (almost dry) after Memorial day.

I hope you mean after Labor Day! :rolleyes:

Jerseydave
06-27-2008, 04:09 PM
Wow, sounds like your lakes are busier than most.
I've heard good things about Oconee.

kjb
06-27-2008, 04:14 PM
lake blueridge is always smooth, lot of nice homes there also

atlfootr
06-27-2008, 04:40 PM
Lk Blue Ridge isn't always smooth (IT HAS SEA WALLS) incase U haven't noticed. :twocents:
I've been there and footed Blue Ridge, the waters are both clear and cold.

edwinfuqua
06-27-2008, 04:50 PM
Lake Russell in Elberton. The GA state park side is ok but the SC side is better. A boat ramp and marina off GA 72 NE of Elberton called Clifford's is great. I've never seen a lot of boats unless its a holiday, fishing tour or in the state parks for some kind of event. Check it out 'Richard B. Russell Lake'. Calhone Falls is the SC Side state park. We go as often as possible. We would be happy to give you a pull.

lanier92prostar
06-27-2008, 05:05 PM
Wow, sounds like your lakes are busier than most.
I've heard good things about Oconee.

Oconee and Burton are about the same distance from Atlanta depending on where in Atlanta you live. Neither lake drops due to drought since all the big wigs in the Southern Company (which owns the lakes) have houses on them. Same problem for skiing on both, seawalls. Nice lakes though. We go to Burton often in the Summer months.

ugalee
07-01-2008, 04:38 PM
atlfootr...clear your PM's!

atlfootr
07-02-2008, 10:46 AM
popular guy, I guess :o