PDA

View Full Version : 1985 mastercraft alternator wiring

redac7
06-24-2008, 02:13 PM
hello, i was wondering if someone has some kind of diagram that shows where to connect the wires coming off the alternator for a 351 pcm. i bought the boat not to long ago and i believe i have rewired it correctly from the way the older user had it but i just want to be on the safe side. thanks.

TMCNo1
06-24-2008, 02:33 PM
hello, i was wondering if someone has some kind of diagram that shows where to connect the wires coming off the alternator for a 351 pcm. i bought the boat not to long ago and i believe i have rewired it correctly from the way the older user had it but i just want to be on the safe side. thanks.

Try this post, http://www.tmcowners.com/teamtalk/showpost.php?p=500962&postcount=3

redac7
06-24-2008, 05:04 PM
if you look at this image there are three circles around three different splices. I was not sure if this was some kind of rig someone put together or if it is suppose to look like this. i know the black is for ground.

Monte
06-24-2008, 05:12 PM
if you look at this image there are three circles around three different splices. I was not sure if this was some kind of rig someone put together or if it is suppose to look like this. i know the black is for ground.

Wow.. Looks like a fire or explosion in waiting...

What part of NC are you in?

TMCNo1
06-24-2008, 06:04 PM
If nothing else for now, cut those wires, slide some shrink wrap tubing on, solder the joints and slide the shrink wrap over the splices and heat tight. Get rid of that nightmare of exposed wiring!

ski_king
06-24-2008, 07:56 PM
If nothing else for now, cut those wires, slide some shrink wrap tubing on, solder the joints and slide the shrink wrap over the splices and heat tight. Get rid of that nightmare of exposed wiring!
Those exposed wires that close to that old carb (which I know is known to drip a few drops every now and then) is asking for trouble!

Wow.. .........What part of NC are you in?
Just look for the glow in the sky.

Seriously, get it fixed before taking it out on the water. The link TMCNo.1 gave you has a decent wiring diagram as well as the complete PCM manual for y ou motor.

Ubugme2
07-20-2010, 10:51 PM
The wire with the blue circle around it is the one I need to find out where it hooks up! It splits in the pic and one end goes to the harness disconnect and the other is unknown.