PDA

View Full Version : No Mastercraft dealer

sdlaura1
06-24-2008, 12:52 PM
I was wondering where people take their boats for maintenance when they have lost confidence in the local MC dealer. Are most qualified boat mechanics able to work on all kinds of boats? I'm looking for someone to do the 50 hour check and winterization. thanks...

BIGBADBLUE
06-24-2008, 12:56 PM
I found were my favorite tech went and use him. He left and started his own gig and now I use him if I need anything serious done.

flipper
06-24-2008, 01:01 PM
Most boat shops can do the maintenance you need. I've never taken my boat to the dealer... our dealers are probably owned by the same person.

east tx skier
06-24-2008, 01:49 PM
With no geographically "local" MC dealer, I took my MC to the local CC dealer for everything and was treated well. Service was top notch and I found their ability to shop around for parts that weren't universal b/w Indmar and PCM was advantageous to me at times.

TX.X-30 fan
06-24-2008, 02:00 PM
With no geographically "local" MC dealer, I took my MC to the local CC dealer for everything and was treated well. Service was top notch and I found their ability to shop around for parts that weren't universal b/w Indmar and PCM was advantageous to me at times.

And as they say, The rest is history!! :D

sdlaura1
06-24-2008, 03:47 PM
Great, thanks for the replys!!!

P-hat_in_Cincy
06-24-2008, 04:41 PM
I wonder how this would affect warranty coverage (work performed by a non-MC trained shop)? I'm assuming MC wouldn't pay a misc. shop to do warranty work either? Either way, if I weren't pleased with my local dealer service I'd go elsewhere to.

Winterization...end of June?

east tx skier
06-24-2008, 05:10 PM
I wonder how this would affect warranty coverage (work performed by a non-MC trained shop)? I'm assuming MC wouldn't pay a misc. shop to do warranty work either? Either way, if I weren't pleased with my local dealer service I'd go elsewhere to.

Winterization...end of June?

I should add that I was never in warranty.