PDA

View Full Version : fulton trailer tongue jack

softailcowboy
06-24-2008, 10:08 AM
I have 05 197 with a fulton trailer tongue jack..when trailer is setting on ground using the tongue jack, when you try and move trailer the wheel turns every which way and you can't push the trailer hardly where you want it to go. It acts like the wheel could break off because the wheel isn't centered and the tongue weight is pushing down on the wheel. it has like 1/3 of the wheel on one side and 2/3 of the wheel on the other side of the bracket that the wheel attaches to. the jack doesn't have a bearing for the wheel. anyone else have this problem? are there different models trailer tongue jacks? original jack was replaced under warranty because it kept slipping out of gears cranking it up and down......

Sodar
06-24-2008, 10:14 AM
You want the weight of the tounge to be centered over the wheel that way. The reason being that the wheel will turn in the correct direction that it is being pushed.

My guess is that your issue is that you are trying to push the trailer around with the jack extended out too far. Try lowering the jack, so it is perpendicular to the ground. This will help the wheel to swivel in the correct position. Also, moving a Tandem axle trailer around is NEVER easy. If you are trying to push it around in tight areas, it is not going to happen!

Also, just for reference you trailer IS NOT a MasterCraft Trailer. Your trailer is an SBT Trailer or Sport Boat Trailer.

flipper
06-24-2008, 10:15 AM
I think they are all pretty much like that.