PDA

View Full Version : Any web designers out there?

mrprostar
06-23-2008, 02:36 PM
I am in charge of the website for the company I work for. We are about to start a new website as a support for the main page. We used Dex as our host and sitebuilder which was easy to use but very limited so I am looking for a new one. Price isn't really much of an issue because they are all fairly inexpensive. Anybody have experience with hosts? Likes and dislikes?

Alteczen
06-23-2008, 02:56 PM
"as a support for the main page" - I'm not sure what you mean here.

You need to keep in mind that most "do it yourself" website builders are very limited on what they can do in terms of design and functionality. They are great for simple websites with a few static pages. They do allow you to modify code direct but if you have the skillsets to do this then you wouldn't be using a site builder anyways.

Given that this is for a company you may want to look into having a professional designer/developer do your site. You will definitely spend more $ but your site will look much more professional. Your website can make you look like a multi million dollar company or some side business someone runs out of their basement. Keep in mind that it's part of your company presentation and can be the first impression a new potential client/customer may get of your company.

flipper
06-23-2008, 03:09 PM
Isn't that what skeeler does?

mrprostar
06-23-2008, 03:38 PM
I see what your saying. I have always wanted to learn the skillset you are talking about. Logical things come pretty easy to me but I don't know how complicated it can get. The sitebuilders out there are brainless and frustrating sometimes. Would it be worth learning how to do some of this stuff or would I be wasting valuable time in something that is over complicated?

bmeth11
06-23-2008, 03:55 PM
we've had good luck with "godaddy"... price wise they are very reasonable and they are a 99% uptime guarantee.... 24 hr service and easy to use...

mrprostar
06-23-2008, 05:41 PM
I've looked into them and seems like the best choice so far. Did you find their site builder to be easy to use and customizable or do you have to stick with pretty rigid template designs?

kal_dude
06-23-2008, 06:03 PM
give me a call, we can offer you a site with whatever you want.

kal
414-801-0297

D3skier
06-23-2008, 06:22 PM
if you can learn applications fairly well then I'd suggest using godaddy for the host and using Dreamweaver to create your pages.

cbryan70
06-23-2008, 06:26 PM
if you can learn applications fairly well then I'd suggest using godaddy for the host and using Dreamweaver to create your pages.
I agree dreamweaver isnt that bad...took a class on it and never went and still managed to build a decent looking webpage.

suedv
06-23-2008, 11:57 PM
I agree dreamweaver isnt that bad...took a class on it and never went and still managed to build a decent looking webpage.

If you never went did you really take the class????????? :confused: