PDA

View Full Version : need a pull in charleston

navy89
06-22-2008, 03:26 PM
i just got stationed here, i used to live in texas, im looking for a rider who would be willing to pull me and my dad, he will be here 2 weekes from now. we will bring the gas a and beer:D of cours, we just need a boat and a cool driver. it would be really awesome if someone could pull us. email me at windblows07@hotmail.com
thanks
kennan

krra1
06-22-2008, 10:51 PM
It may help if you let us know which Charleston your in. I am guessing South Carolina but I am in Maryland and their is a Charleston here on the water as well.

navy89
06-23-2008, 07:04 PM
my bad, yeah its charleston, south carolina

BriEOD
06-23-2008, 07:53 PM
I left Charleston at the end of 2005. There is a lot of good water up that way. Bushy Park is really close to the Naval Weapons Station (I assume that is where ya'll). A lot of ski/wakeboard boats put in there.

Alternatively, you can head to John's Island and pay for pulls at Trophy Lakes.

Good luck.

Chaser_rct
07-01-2008, 11:24 AM
Me and my mc just got home from kiawah i love it there!

Flippy_Floppy
05-27-2012, 07:44 PM
Anybody from this forum still around? I launch out of Remley's Point a couple times a week and would love to meet up with some more boating folks.

ryfly161
05-28-2012, 10:38 AM
I was stationed down there for 4 years ans saw very few ski/wakeboard boats down there but if you can't find any one to pull you they have an awsome private ski lake on johns island called trophy lakes. The skiing is great and they have a new cable park for wakeboaders. Hope that helps a little

Cincylaunch
05-28-2012, 11:30 AM
I have been boarding on the Cooper @ Bushey Park. The water there is good not as salty as the Ashley or IC. It's normally not crowded at all behind the military installation. I'd love to go back and ride them waters.

Flippy_Floppy
06-01-2012, 11:37 AM
I normally launch at Remley's Point, so its about a 40 minute ride up the Cooper to Bushy Park. I launched once out of the Bushy Park ramp last year and couldn't get back to it at low tide, so I've been hesitant to use that ramp again. Hobcaw creek is nice and flat, but again, tide restricted. I've just started checking out Nowell Creek or way up the Wando past the rte 41 bridge.

I've been to trophy lakes a couple times and just got their groupon. It's nice to use the course and get coached, but paying for sets is tough to justify when I could be out on my own boat.

Cincylaunch, are you in the area?

I'm actually in a red 19' stingray with a monster tower (I'm an aspiring MC owner, as soon as my paycheck will get me there!) If anyone's out there, feel free to flag me down whenever.

Cincylaunch
06-01-2012, 11:57 AM
FlippyFloppy: I also don't actually own a MC either. I actually own a Supra but I know a couple MC owners from Cincinnati (where I am at) the family likes to vacation in Charleston. The last time is when we brought the boat and everyone seemed to enjoy that. Actually the maiden voyage was on the Ashley.

BriEOD
06-01-2012, 03:10 PM
When I lived there, our spot was in Moncks Corner on the Tail Race Canal just below the Lake Moultrie lock/dam. There is a restaurant, Gilligans, that has a double ramp and tons of trailer parking. The Tail Race goes into the upper Cooper. It was a great spot. We left in 2005.

Flippy_Floppy
06-13-2012, 06:57 AM
I'll be at Dreher Island State Park on Lake Murray this weekend in case anyone's around. I'm excited to get back to some flat, freshwater.

Flippy_Floppy
06-13-2012, 06:59 AM
When I lived there, our spot was in Moncks Corner on the Tail Race Canal just below the Lake Moultrie lock/dam. There is a restaurant, Gilligans, that has a double ramp and tons of trailer parking. The Tail Race goes into the upper Cooper. It was a great spot. We left in 2005.

BriEOD: The Cooper is fresh water at that point, right? Did you ever have any issues with gators or snakes?

SkiDog
06-13-2012, 08:22 AM
I believe there are two guys from that area. Chief, and DBR. I will be with both of them next weekend in Hiawassee, Ga. I'll pass it along that you're looking. Chief is retired Navy.

BriEOD
06-13-2012, 01:37 PM
BriEOD: The Cooper is fresh water at that point, right? Did you ever have any issues with gators or snakes?

Yes, it is freshwater that comes off of Lake Moultrie. You have to go a long way to even hit Brackish water from the dam.

No, I never had any issues with Gators. I grew up in Florida and am very accustomed to sharing the water with them. That said, just stay in the middle of the river and out of the grassy areas and you shouldn't have any issues with gators or snakes. You will see plenty of gators though, just be prepared if you're a yankee not used to them.

Tessimm
06-14-2012, 12:45 PM
I'm new here , nice thread!

dade61782
06-14-2012, 09:18 PM
Charleston here put in a Bushy Park from time to time. seen plenty of gators in the cut there I usally wait to get to the cooper to get in the water. last year saw about a 10 or 12 footer at the mouth of the bushy park cut where you make it out to the river

Flippy_Floppy
06-29-2012, 10:58 PM
That's a whole lot of gator! I've been skiing a couple times north of Bushy Park. The current runs quick on an ebb tide, but the water is flat enough to (occasionally) justify the long trip upriver. I'll be off Morris Island tomorrow. If anyone sees the red boat with an American flag flying off an 18' tall boat hook, feel free to drop by for a beer and introduce yourself.