PDA

View Full Version : OJ vs ACME testing

edwin
04-15-2005, 03:14 PM
It's been some time since a few of you got your loaner props from Eric, anyone tried them out yet? I've tried a bunch of props on my Malibu, 4 OJ's and 3 ACME's, with the XMP 13x12 3 blade being the best so far. Interested to see if you're finding the same thing...
edwin

tex
04-15-2005, 03:20 PM
It's been some time since a few of you got your loaner props from Eric, anyone tried them out yet? I've tried a bunch of props on my Malibu, 4 OJ's and 3 ACME's, with the XMP 13x12 3 blade being the best so far. Interested to see if you're finding the same thing...
edwin
You have a problem with your common denominator.

BrianM
04-15-2005, 03:43 PM
I am hoping to do some true testing of the XMP 13 x 12 on my ski partners '96 205 w/LT1 1:1 this weekend. We put the prop on his boat and have skied it twice but have not had the time to write down numbers take pictures etc. I should be able to get results posted to the board at the begining of next week.

Initial impressions of the prop on his boat are: Smoother (less vibration) in the boat. Slightly softer wake. Slight increase in hole shot. Seems to hold a bit better in the course. This is all in relation to the stock OJ Legend 13x13 that he was running.

After we do the full test of the XMP on his boat we are going to get hard numbers on the Acme #541 on my '88 Prostar. After that we are going to switch props and do the tests again.

Keep your eyes out ............

east tx skier
04-15-2005, 03:59 PM
My boat is in the shop. Brian and I have traded some thoughts on criteria. I'll be sure to post when I have the chance to put them to the test.