PDA

View Full Version : 8 years ago

RexDog1
06-19-2008, 06:42 PM
You might remember when this accident happened 8 years ago this March.

This Southwest Airlines flight from Vegas overshot the runway at
Burbank
The plane smashed past the airport fence, careened across the
street and ended up with a collapsed landing gear, right next to a
gas station.
But that's not the amazing part!!!:rolleyes:.....:(

Naste Craft
06-19-2008, 06:57 PM
Those were the days...........

CBergerson
06-19-2008, 07:14 PM
Those were the days...........

Dude, your sig quote rules!!

Naste Craft
06-19-2008, 07:36 PM
Dude, your sig quote rules!!

:headbang:

puck_11
06-19-2008, 08:04 PM
Just to throw some fuel into the fire I saw a bumper sticker that said "when Bush took office gas was $1.10 a gallon." Interestingly enough I saw another one that said "when the democrats took over in congress gas was 2.10 a gallon." (or something to that effect)

454Prostar190
06-20-2008, 03:13 PM
Back to the crash itself..... I've flown into Burbank many times. The runway is short and when the pilot lands... The moment the wheels touch he does everything possible to slow the plane down!! 2 feet on the brakes, flaps and engines in full reverse immediately!!! The front of the plane probably bottoms out on the landing gear travel stops! Total thrill ride!! I'm surprised that there haven't been more accidents like this!

nuckinfutz
06-20-2008, 03:28 PM
Sad Part is that we were P#$%ed about those prices then.

flipper
06-20-2008, 04:47 PM
Sad Part is that we were P#$%ed about those prices then.

I was thinking the same thing.

"I'm not payin' that much!!!!!:mad:

TX.X-30 fan
06-20-2008, 05:16 PM
The Democrats in Congress don't have too much to brag about as far as accomplishments since taking over in 2007. But it is pretty laughable to try and blame them for something that the Republicans have been working on for almost 8 years!!

Hey Chad, 1995 Clinton signs executive order prohibiting drilling in ANWAR and offshore except small amount in the gulf. To lay this at GW's feet is not historically accurate, his first year in office he proposed a comprehensive energy bill that included many items so sought after by Dems, the bill never got to the floor for a vote in either house. I do find it amazing that even now all we get from the Dems and Barock is the desire to place additional taxes on the oil business. does anyone feel that taxing big oil will lead to lower prices, reduced demand or more alternative fuels?? Corporations don't pay taxes, taxes are paid by consumers or end users then passed on to consumers. Barack stated he wished the rise in fuel had been more gradual but saw nothing wrong with where prices went. The very ones that get hurt the most by these fuel prices will vote democrat?

To adhere to the new kinder gentler TT, Chad I hope you the wife and kids have a great weekend and get some water time. :D

WakePowell
06-20-2008, 05:16 PM
It must have been one heck of a storm to snow in Burbank....I think the picture is of a more recent Southwest accident in Chicago (Midway). And yes, I wish gas was available at a $1.59/gal.

454Prostar190
06-20-2008, 05:27 PM
It must have been one heck of a storm to snow in Burbank....I think the picture is of a more recent Southwest accident in Chicago (Midway). And yes, I wish gas was available at a $1.59/gal.

I think that may be fire retardant foam rather than snow.

Ric
06-20-2008, 05:35 PM
Let's blame Bush