View Full Version : favorite beer???

itsamcthing
06-19-2008, 07:29 AM
molson canadian..........:toast:

what's yours??
http://i307.photobucket.com/albums/nn292/tellnotails/M_b2JPRPoAPuS.jpg

trickskier
06-19-2008, 07:34 AM
When you're out of BUD you're OUT of BEER!!!

itsamcthing
06-19-2008, 07:42 AM
When you're out of BUD you're OUT of BEER!!!

American too...:D

Bud Select- awesome light beer........

Amber Bock- awesome dark beer.......

Knox's_Better_half
06-19-2008, 08:01 AM
For Knox......
http://i176.photobucket.com/albums/w189/mayrapasadena/corona.jpg

For his better half.....
http://i296.photobucket.com/albums/mm181/jm0537/bcoors.gif
:cool::cool:

TMCNo1
06-19-2008, 08:56 AM

I've got one of those buckets with a church key on a chain! Remind me and I'll give it to you next year @ CSM '09.

sdesmond
06-19-2008, 08:58 AM

I have also been know to drink a High Life or ten.

TMCNo1
06-19-2008, 08:59 AM
Shouldn't be long before we lose a moderator over this thread!

Knox's_Better_half
06-19-2008, 09:56 AM

I've got one of those buckets with a church key on a chain! Remind me and I'll give it to you next year @ CSM '09.

I will remind you and will definately see ya at CSM 09!! We had such a blast........I swear I think I drank my wieght in beer.:rolleyes:...no comments from the peanut gallery either.........I do however think that I will be drinking less next year.......nah! Love watchin power turns in the dark!!:cool::D

#47of100TeamMC
06-19-2008, 10:02 AM
Who said Beer?

ShamrockIV
06-19-2008, 10:04 AM
miller lite in my former life!!!

6ballsisall
06-19-2008, 10:07 AM
Lately it's Stella. However I won't turn down a Heineken, Coors Light, Sweetwater 420, Fat Tire. Now you put a Bud in my hands and I'd rather be in a desert without water.

Knox's_Better_half
06-19-2008, 10:08 AM
There are three types of beer.......
Cold beer, Warm beer and free beer
2 out of 3 aint bad

kingu
06-19-2008, 10:12 AM
what's yours??

I would have to say...the fifth one. That's the one that makes me good looking. :D But then again, after the sixth one I'm a good dancer. 8p

CBergerson
06-19-2008, 10:16 AM
There are three types of beer.......
Cold beer, Warm beer and free beer
2 out of 3 aint bad

A truly fine beer still tastes good when warm, though!!

wakeX2wake
06-19-2008, 10:26 AM
A truly fine beer still tastes good when warm, though!!

like corona? tastes the same hot as cold to me and it's at the top right?

i'm an all american coors guy... w/ the gas prices as they are i've been drinking more and more keystones though... not too bad... 30 stones for 15 bones...

not as short sighted as i would seem... i'm a huge fan the sam adams seasonal beers... the summer ale and winter lagers are great... there's a san francisco beer called anchor steam that's a quality brew but theres a local beer (term used loosely) made in Athens, Ga called Terrapin that has a really good golden and pale ale that i drink if i'm just having a few

flipper
06-19-2008, 10:30 AM
Bud for me, but drink quite a bit of New Castle too because my neighbor is a rep, and free beer is the best!!!!

thijs
06-19-2008, 10:32 AM
When in Canada: Budweiser or Pilsner
USA: Coors Original

Knox's_Better_half
06-19-2008, 10:35 AM
like corona? tastes the same hot as cold to me and it's at the top right?

i'm an all american coors guy... w/ the gas prices as they are i've been drinking more and more keystones though... not too bad... 30 stones for 15 bones...

not as short sighted as i would seem... i'm a huge fan the sam adams seasonal beers... the summer ale and winter lagers are great... there's a san francisco beer called anchor steam that's a quality brew but theres a local beer (term used loosely) made in Athens, Ga called Terrapin that has a really good golden and pale ale that i drink if i'm just having a few

Alright if we have to go there with the cash for gas thing.......Knox gets his beer and I go with out! I am not going below Coors Light!! If I had my preference......I would be sitting in a great little bar I know in AK eating some great seafood and enjoying a fine raspberry wheat brew. But that was before the 4 kids and the current gas prices. Now I am comfortable with a great tea....preferably sweet, no lemon;):D

CBergerson
06-19-2008, 10:43 AM
When in Canada: Budweiser or Pilsner
USA: Coors Original

Sleeman Honey Brown Lager is a very tasty Canadian beer!!

P-hat_in_Cincy
06-19-2008, 10:45 AM
This picture captures both. Limes in the Corona (my fav), ML (wife's fav) koozie.

sham'sbabymama
06-19-2008, 10:45 AM
For his better half.....
http://i296.photobucket.com/albums/mm181/jm0537/bcoors.gif
:cool::cool:

This is my beer of choice also!!!! See I knew we were twins!! :D

east tx skier
06-19-2008, 11:09 AM
I can't stop thinking about this Franziskaner Dunkelweizen I had in Dallas last week. I'm also quite fond of lately of Warsteiner's Premium Verum. I'm on a bit of a German beer kick.

Pyramid Curve Ball Kolsch is on tap at the moment. I just polished off a 1/6 barrel of Widmer Hefeweizen and was sad to see it go. Two home brews, a Vienna Lager and a Bavarian Hefeweizen are on deck.

I like beer.

wakeX2wake
06-19-2008, 11:15 AM
Alright if we have to go there with the cash for gas thing

haha you got to cut corners somewhere and i ain't going to the water any less:D ...been on the water today will make 8th day straight:cool:

RexDog1
06-19-2008, 11:16 AM
Moosehead.:D

Knox's_Better_half
06-19-2008, 11:19 AM
haha you got to cut corners somewhere and i ain't going to the water any less:D ...been on the water today will make 8th day straight:cool:

AMEN!!! Although I have not had the good fortune to be on the water for 8 straight days. Hubby has to work and he tends to frown if I take the boat and go the lake by myself:rolleyes::D

'82starsandstripes
06-19-2008, 11:20 AM

Always Bud heavy

mpm32
06-19-2008, 11:24 AM
Anyone know how the lime thing started?

Corona comes from Mexico and as we all know the water isn't best to drink. At the bars they kept the bottles in ice made from that water. So when serving, they would pop the top and then run the lime across the top of the bottle to kill the bacteria.

That's one story anyway.

Another is that that hop compounds degrade when they come into contact with light. This reaction results in lightstruck beer that is particularly common in clear bottles, such as Corona's, that do not easily reflect light. This causes beer to smell 'skunky,' and the lime is used to mask this aroma.

Enjoy your Corona! :friday:

etduc
06-19-2008, 11:28 AM
ICE-COLD BEER!

"Please, don't be puttin' no fruit, in my beer!" quote "Uncle Jesse"

east tx skier
Anyone know how the lime thing started?

Corona comes from Mexico and as we all know the water isn't best to drink. At the bars they kept the bottles in ice made from that water. So when serving, they would pop the top and then run the lime across the top of the bottle to kill the bacteria.

That's one story anyway.

Another is that that hop compounds degrade when they come into contact with light. This reaction results in lightstruck beer that is particularly common in clear bottles, such as Corona's, that do not easily reflect light. This causes beer to smell 'skunky,' and the lime is used to mask this aroma.

Enjoy your Corona! :friday:

I honestly don't know how the lime plays into it all. But skunky beer from clear and green bottles is a very real problem with imports. If you've ever had Heineken in Holland, you understand what it is supposed to taste like. If you buy it here, buy it in the can. That's just one example. Brown bottles is the way to go for longevity.

stuartmcnair
Shiner Bock
Yuengling
Michelob Ultra

Muttley
06-19-2008, 11:51 AM
Sleeman's Honey Brown, or Granville Island Honey Lager or Pale Ale.

When hanging out with my US bud's, it's Bud in a Bottle.8p

coz
06-19-2008, 11:56 AM
Sleeman's Honey Brown, or Granville Island Honey Lager or Pale Ale.

When hanging out with my US bud's, it's Bud in a Bottle.8p

I don't drink alchohol so here's my vote :D

http://www.vagablond.com/images/karmi.jpg

loeweb
06-19-2008, 11:59 AM
old milwaukee light. Not the beast.
It's cheap, it's great in a can, and at a party you don't have to worry about people mooching off of you!

mrprostar
06-19-2008, 12:06 PM
Financially- Miller Light
Money No Object Night- Smithwick's, New Castle, Fat Tire

wakeX2wake
06-19-2008, 12:18 PM
AMEN!!! Although I have not had the good fortune to be on the water for 8 straight days. Hubby has to work and he tends to frown if I take the boat and go the lake by myself:rolleyes::D

i couldn't imagine why... :D i'm going straight through Sunday then i'm taking off mon-wed next week

back on the subject... new castle is up there for me too but... fat tire... mmm good stuff... bring back a case or two w/ me from colorado every year

me picking my favorite beer is really impossible... i mean i have some that i drink more than others but its really a hard thing to do

pkskier
06-19-2008, 12:54 PM
Corona Extra
Michelob Ultra

shepherd
06-19-2008, 01:02 PM
apple pie :)

sizzler
06-19-2008, 01:16 PM
stella artois or kronenbourg1664....

strong and deadly:D

Willski
06-19-2008, 01:25 PM
Warsteiner is my favorite. I usually drink Bud of Bud Light though.

Knox's_Better_half
06-19-2008, 01:28 PM

uh....that is not a beer!!8p And besides that comes in a mason jar:D:D

trickskier
06-19-2008, 01:42 PM
I can't stop thinking about this Franziskaner Dunkelweizen I had in Dallas last week. I'm also quite fond of lately of Warsteiner's Premium Verum. I'm on a bit of a German beer kick.

Pyramid Curve Ball Kolsch is on tap at the moment. I just polished off a 1/6 barrel of Widmer Hefeweizen and was sad to see it go. Two home brews, a Vienna Lager and a Bavarian Hefeweizen are on deck.

I like beer.

Can you put that in English?!?!

flipper
06-19-2008, 01:43 PM
Can you put that in English?!?!

He did at the end...."I like beer"

Monte
06-19-2008, 02:31 PM

Is that beer?:rolleyes:8p

Monte
06-19-2008, 02:32 PM
Sam Adams Light for the time being...

Roonie's
06-19-2008, 02:38 PM
There are six Trappist monasteries in Belgium making beer and one in The Netherlands. One I really like and can be found in most liquor stores in the specialty beer isle is the Chimay made by the Abbey of Notre-Dame de Scourmont.

However the best I have tasted and always looking for but hard to find is the one below. Apparently I am not the only one who thinks it is the best.

St. Sixtus brews three beers. The Westvleteren 12 is a strong, dark beer with a 12% alcohol content. It is consistently ranked among the top five beers in the world by RateBeer.com, a website for beer enthusiasts with 26,500 members. In the latest survey, it reclaimed the No. 1 spot from AleSmith Barrel Aged Speedway Stout.

aremsing
06-19-2008, 03:40 PM
It's about the Miller Lite!!!! :D

itsamcthing
06-19-2008, 04:04 PM
http://i277.photobucket.com/albums/kk49/99slowbra/beer.jpg

I think i'm going to try coors light.....

endl
06-19-2008, 04:14 PM
I drink a lot of Coors light also but I dont look like that.

itsamcthing
06-23-2008, 07:48 AM
http://i293.photobucket.com/albums/mm75/WingsDream/Beer.jpg

bbymgr
06-23-2008, 09:58 AM
Favorite Beer on tap is Bass Ale, but in a bottle it's got to be Mackeson XXX Stout.

Hrkdrivr
06-23-2008, 11:09 AM
Unfortunately you can't get Alaskan beers in NC.

Last time we visited AK I brought an extra monster-sized cooler and brought home 3 cases of the stuff on an airliner.

east tx skier
06-23-2008, 11:10 AM
Unfortunately you can't get Alaskan beers in NC.

Last time we visited AK I brought an extra monster-sized cooler and brought home 3 cases of the stuff on an airliner.

Is that the Alaskan Brewery? Thirsty Traveler did an episode about them focused heavily on their Smoked Stout.

tex
06-23-2008, 11:14 AM
Pretty much anything but Corona or Coors Light, ok I will drink a Coors Light if it's cold and free!

Hrkdrivr
06-23-2008, 11:15 AM
Is that the Alaskan Brewery? Thirsty Traveler did an episode about them focused heavily on their Smoked Stout.

The one and only! All of their beers are pretty good. I first got hooked on their Amber, and then discovered the Oatmeal Stout. The stout is so good it's even good if it gets warm.

tex
06-23-2008, 11:16 AM

That dude has my job!

east tx skier
06-23-2008, 11:33 AM
That dude has my job!

Go pickup a copy of "Microbrewed Adventures" by Charlie Papazian. That dude has my job.

mcdoon
06-23-2008, 12:12 PM
Who said Beer?

Oh yes! That's our house beer at my house. The fridge in the garage keeps it just above freezing. You don't even have to ask, just walk in and pour yourself a fresh one.

T Scott
06-23-2008, 01:06 PM
Heineken Light is my new favorite. I don't like Heineken, but I love Heineken Light!

damaged442
06-23-2008, 02:00 PM
This is a tough question. Is it possible to NOT have a favorite beer? I have tried well over a thousand different beers, both foreign and domestic and am constantly on the search to try that which I have never tried. There are not many that I dislike, however there are quite a few that don't agree with me. Lately, with the weather being all nice and summery, I prefer IPAs. The more hops the better. Middle Ages Brewing Co, here in Syracuse, has an amazing Imperial IPA called X (ten). It started life as their 10th anniversary ale and they've kept brewing it as it was so well received. Their regular IPA is called Impaled Ale and it is also fantastic. Southern Tier Brewing Co has some great ones too, Unearthly is an 11% Imperial IPA. Their regular IPA is very nice too! Dogfish Head has the 60 Minute (6%), 90 Minute (9%) and 120 Minute IPAs (20%!!!!!!). I would recommend all, but beware the 120 will kill ya! Stone Brewing Co. has the Ruination IPA which is very good.

So you see, I can't have a favorite. There are too many variables. Am I going to have a few, or am I starting at 10am? Do I have some extra cash? Am I going with a bottle, four pack, six pack, case, keg, growlers? Some may like beer, I love beer.

I sure will like this thread though, I'll keep everyone updated as I find more good stuff out there.

east tx skier
06-23-2008, 03:10 PM
This is a tough question. Is it possible to NOT have a favorite beer? I have tried well over a thousand different beers, both foreign and domestic and am constantly on the search to try that which I have never tried. There are not many that I dislike, however there are quite a few that don't agree with me. Lately, with the weather being all nice and summery, I prefer IPAs. The more hops the better. Middle Ages Brewing Co, here in Syracuse, has an amazing Imperial IPA called X (ten). It started life as their 10th anniversary ale and they've kept brewing it as it was so well received. Their regular IPA is called Impaled Ale and it is also fantastic. Southern Tier Brewing Co has some great ones too, Unearthly is an 11% Imperial IPA. Their regular IPA is very nice too! Dogfish Head has the 60 Minute (6%), 90 Minute (9%) and 120 Minute IPAs (20%!!!!!!). I would recommend all, but beware the 120 will kill ya! Stone Brewing Co. has the Ruination IPA which is very good.

So you see, I can't have a favorite. There are too many variables. Am I going to have a few, or am I starting at 10am? Do I have some extra cash? Am I going with a bottle, four pack, six pack, case, keg, growlers? Some may like beer, I love beer.

I sure will like this thread though, I'll keep everyone updated as I find more good stuff out there.

I would like to change my answer to closely resemble this one, though I'm not quite as big of fan of IPAs as you are. I like them, but don't tend to crave them on really hot summer days.

Ski-me
06-23-2008, 04:06 PM
Red Hook IPA or Hammerhead.....

daverbeck
06-23-2008, 11:48 PM
No favorites - love most dopplebocks many IPA's.