PDA

View Full Version : Lake Clinton..This sunday?

TOO-TALL
06-19-2008, 12:17 AM
Anybody want to hit Lake Clinton this sunday the 22nd?
I have the boat.All we need is a second and third,or fourth or fifth.I don't care.
Or we can ride somewhere on the south side like the Kankakee river.
I need to get out my spotter and boat driver seem to be done for the year:mad::mad:

Let me know...

Grover777
06-20-2008, 05:54 PM
Id love to, however we are in Wisconsin this weekend, without the boat due to Lake Pewaukee flooding.
We went down to look at the lake today, it was a bit tourturous looking at that fine water without being able to carve some S's into it. To top it off, I am headed out of town Monday thru Wednesday for meetings so it looks like no water time for me for a while. Oh well.....

Crossing the Kankakee on 57 today, looks like a bit of debris to the east.
Clinton is good, getting fairly warm near the hot water outlet, and is a bit muddy due to all of the rain.

Daron

cbryan70
06-20-2008, 06:23 PM
Is the kankakee open? the fox is most definatly closed and im trying to find a place no more then an hour and a half away to go out.

TOO-TALL
06-20-2008, 06:45 PM
Yes,the Kankakee is open down by me.Over by the IL River(wilmington) side i can't say.

Grover777
06-20-2008, 09:50 PM
Tootall:

Let me know next time you come down to Clinton. I am in the area.
Have you checked out the pro shop at the Liquid Edge in Farmer City? Pretty cool place. Nice to have in central Illinois.

swatguy
06-29-2008, 12:30 AM
Where are you launching on the Kankakee?

Cbryan
The Illinois over in Morris is good right now

TOO-TALL
06-29-2008, 01:09 AM
I launch at Cobb park.

Cloaked
06-29-2008, 10:29 PM
I worked at the facility of which Clinton Lake was built. Nice little lake.

Have fun. The backroads from Bloomington will save you a few miles and some time, in lieu of coming down SR 54 to Clinton, then out SR 51, if in fact you come in from that direction.

Grover777
06-30-2008, 10:31 AM
Went out Saturday. Pretty rough out there. Ended up anchored and swimming most of the time.

TOO-TALL
07-02-2008, 06:15 PM
Tootall:

Let me know next time you come down to Clinton. I am in the area.
Have you checked out the pro shop at the Liquid Edge in Farmer City? Pretty cool place. Nice to have in central Illinois.

Hey Grover777,
Want to meet a clinton saturday(5th) morning.
We might need a third if my buddy can't make it.

Let me know..

TOO-TALL

kjohnson
07-03-2008, 09:08 AM
I hope neither Bill nor Hillary show up!

Grover777
07-06-2008, 09:12 PM
Too Tall:
Sorry I missed your message about the 5th. I ended up skiing a few sets early on the 4th and went out Saturday with a friend and his kids. Got out around 10, pulled the kids for a bit and parked in party cove from noon until 5pm or so.

Did you get down? What kind of MC do you have?

TOO-TALL
07-06-2008, 11:46 PM
Nope, didn't make it to Clinton this weekend.
I went out on a friends boat on Lake Michigan saturday.

What are you doing this coming weekend? Wanna meet at clinton?

Grover777
07-11-2008, 07:08 PM
TooTall:

We are going to try to head out tomorrow. Hopefully the weather gurus will be wrong. My sister is flying in from San Diego for the weekend.

If we get rained out tomorrow, we may try to get out for a bit on Sunday.

What kind of MC do you have? Mine is a 209 with white hull and dark blue main stripe.

TOO-TALL
07-11-2008, 07:25 PM
I'm working saturday.
Sunday were riding on the Kankakee river.

Maybe next time.........

Grover777
07-11-2008, 07:39 PM
I went to Bishop Mac and graduated in 1988. We moved to Kankakee right before my freshman year. My parents lived there until about 10 years ago.

How is the kankakee river these days? Is there a bunch of stuff floating around, or is it ok?

chudson
07-14-2008, 12:40 PM
Went to Clinton early sunday morning and man is the water level up there, course we've had almost 5 inches of rain around here in the past 2 weeks!!!

Grover777
07-14-2008, 06:53 PM
I think I saw you around 10:15 or so. Is your S&S blue and grey/white? One went by and waved.
I was in a blue and white 209 with bimini pulling a skier across from the Mascoutin beach area.

chudson
07-14-2008, 07:06 PM
That was us light blue with dark blue metal flake. Yea the wife and I took our daughter out skiing and then just went for a long ride. Man I am gonna start stopping and finding out if I know people, didn't even think I would run intop anyone I knew from here. That's good to know I'll look for you next time. Mascoutin is were we put in, even ate lunch the Boondocks!!!

Grover777
07-14-2008, 07:08 PM
It was a bit windy out. We ended up with come friends in Party Cove. The breeze wasnt bad in there and the kids had a ball swimming. Next time I see you I will say hi.

Boondocks is great. We have been there several times this year. It is awesome food but not good for the old waistline!!

Daron

TOO-TALL
07-14-2008, 07:26 PM
I went to Bishop Mac and graduated in 1988. We moved to Kankakee right before my freshman year. My parents lived there until about 10 years ago.

How is the kankakee river these days? Is there a bunch of stuff floating around, or is it ok?

You went to Mac I went to BBCHS(92) Mac would always kill us in football.
The Kankakee is nice I like it some people don't.I know where the channel is and the sandbars so no problems.You have to watch for Debris after it rains.
We were out sunday am and it was perfect smooth water and I was surprised how warm the water was.

You guys going to be a Clinton this weekend?
MMMMMMM.......Boonsdocks.

clemlochner
07-14-2008, 11:07 PM
Guys,

Are you referencing clinton lake south of bloomington? I've got a 91 prostar 190 and tired of the illinois river. I'm looking for a regular lake to ski on. I'm in Plainfield, nw of Joliet. Are there any smaller lakes near the sw suburbs? Appreciate any good info.

Grover777
07-14-2008, 11:10 PM
I am not sure if I can make it. I am headed down south on Friday...Mill Creek Lake, never been there. I am meeting some friends who live near Terre Haute. May be headed to peoria on sunday to pick up the kids from the grandparents....

TOO-TALL
07-14-2008, 11:19 PM
Guys,

Are you referencing clinton lake south of bloomington? I've got a 91 prostar 190 and tired of the illinois river. I'm looking for a regular lake to ski on. I'm in Plainfield, nw of Joliet. Are there any smaller lakes near the sw suburbs? Appreciate any good info.

Yes, thats the lake.I don't think Clinton would be good for skiing it choppy unless you get out very,very early.
Come down the Kankakee by me its only about 45 minutes from you.I'm always looking for a third.Or you could go to the Kankakee over at the Des plains perserve by Wilmington.It would be closer for you.I haven't put in at Des plains, but I've drivin by and looks nice.
Shot me a PM.

Grover777
07-14-2008, 11:24 PM
I have put in at Des Plaines several years ago. Pretty nice area. I agree regarding Clinton. Get out in the morning or in the evening to avoid the Wallys, and for sure eat at Boondocks!