PDA

View Full Version : 2003 X-9 Muffler Cracks

kylegansel
06-18-2008, 06:47 PM
My dad and I were working on the engine this past weekend and noticed some water slightly bubbling in on top of the two mufflers. It looks like there is a hair line crack in the seem on both mufflers. Do I need to pull my boat out and bring it to the shop to fix this or is there some kind of repair kit or solution since it's made of fiberglass?

ShamrockIV
06-18-2008, 06:52 PM
pics??? which engine????

bigmac
06-18-2008, 06:53 PM
My dad and I were working on the engine this past weekend and noticed some water slightly bubbling in on top of the two mufflers. It looks like there is a hair line crack in the seem on both mufflers. Do I need to pull my boat out and bring it to the shop to fix this or is there some kind of repair kit or solution since it's made of fiberglass?
JB Weld is usually the first repair attempt for a cracked muffler. If that didn't do it, I'd grind the paint off and use some epoxy and glass cloth like they sell at the hardware store. No reason you couldn't use polyester resin, of course. Any auto store will have that stuff.

I'm waiting for my muffler to crack so I can have a reason to pull the stupid thing out of there and go with in-line mufflers. But the **** thing just won't give it up!!!!