PDA

View Full Version : Replacing Sealed Bulbs

Mag_Red
08-09-2004, 10:42 PM
:confused: Brand new Boat and trailer and I already have a rear running light out. So how do you get to the bulb?? All I noticed was a small phillips screw that was in the trailer frame under the tail light assembly. As luck would have it, the screw won't back out! :mad: Before I place something between the screw and the trailer to force it out I thought I'd ask if there is something I'm overlooking.

jake
08-09-2004, 10:56 PM
You replace the entire housing...not just the bulb. The housing should pop out of the rubber housing gasket (tail lights) or out of the black plastic mounting bracket (running lights). At least that's how it is on my boat, but it's not new.

Mag_Red
08-09-2004, 10:59 PM
You replace the entire housing...not just the bulb. The housing should pop out of the rubber housing gasket (tail lights) or out of the black plastic mounting bracket (running lights). At least that's how it is on my boat, but it's not new. :eek: Well if that's the case I think I just might have to give the dealer a call tomorrow! Jeez......The boat only has 20 hours on it. On second thought I think I'll chech the wiring harness first :D

east tx skier
08-10-2004, 12:15 PM
If it's the turn signal or brake light, if they haven't changed in 11 years, they're made by Anderson and available at Walmart and other stores for around $13.

Dan K
08-10-2004, 12:21 PM
I just bought LED light to replace all of mine when I complete my refurbish project. The LED's do not get thermal shock, are brighter and last a long long time.

BriEOD
08-10-2004, 12:23 PM
Dan, how much and what's the source?

Mag_Red
08-10-2004, 12:56 PM
If it's the turn signal or brake light, if they haven't changed in 11 years, they're made by Anderson and available at Walmart and other stores for around $13. I love a Happy ending......went to the dealership and they gave me a new unit! :woohoo:

Dan K
08-10-2004, 02:14 PM
BriEOD,
I wnet on ebay and sent each of the sellers an email asking them to put together a package that included all the lights, connectors and harness that I needed. The best and most responsive seller was Mike in Oregon 503-759-3030. For a flat 100 he supplied everything I needed including the rivets and rubber grommets. I was satisfied, I will let you know in a few weeks how I like the lights. Must sandblast and paint before I install them.

BriEOD
08-10-2004, 02:21 PM
Dan please do.

jake
08-10-2004, 02:48 PM
Dan: was that $100 for:
4 tail lights
2 red side markers
2 yellow side markers
4 red markers for the cross memeber light bar?

If so, it's a hell of a deal!

Dan K
08-10-2004, 04:32 PM
Jake,
It was a good deal but not that good.
I got the following;
2-stop/turn/tail lights
4-rear marker lights red
2-side marker lights red
2-side marker lights amber
1-4 pin flat harness
grommets and connectors for each
rivets for the 4 rear marker lights
shipping included

tall_ andy
08-24-2004, 07:22 PM
Dan,
Did you get the new light set up yet? If he is looking for more business He will get some as long as you had a good experience. I went to the local boat shop and was quoted $45.00 for one replacement LED light

I would use this guy also for that price!!!!

NeilM
08-24-2004, 10:26 PM
Agreed! It almost sounds too good to be true..

Oregon? Hey Rick - you still got all the lights on your trailer or did they disappear in the night? (just kidding)

Dan K
08-24-2004, 10:30 PM
Tall Andy,
I got the lights already, just waiting to install them after I finish putting the freshly painted trailer back together. I did check to make sure all the lights worked and they looked great, can't wait to get everything back together.

NeilM
08-24-2004, 10:39 PM
Mag Red - Get the dealer to do it. 20 hours should be warranty.

lakes Rick
08-25-2004, 02:01 PM
Agreed! It almost sounds too good to be true..

Oregon? Hey Rick - you still got all the lights on your trailer or did they disappear in the night? (just kidding)

Californians stole em.....