PDA

View Full Version : Trailer LEDs...

P-hat_in_Cincy
06-17-2008, 11:45 PM
I had a stop/turn signal go out due to water intrusion so I decided to do new lights all around. I chose to swap them all out with LEDs.
Here are a few pictures. Job can be done in about 1-1.5hr with the most time consuming being the clearance light bar underneath.

Standard bulb side/clearance lights were sent so I have to get those swapped out later.

The only concern I have is that the LED gaskets seem to fit a little more loose, so I might put a couple dabs of silicon on them.

The pictures don't do them justice on how clear and bright they are compared to the stock/standard lights.

Hammer
06-17-2008, 11:50 PM
Where did you get the lights? Reasonably priced?

P-hat_in_Cincy
06-17-2008, 11:53 PM
I got them from my dealer. The only thing I forgot was the 2 round lamps near the hook-up / actuator. I'm guessing my price will rise a bit when I get the 4 red clearance lights swapped out for the LED versions, but my dealer was VERY reasonable...AND he sent me a 40th coffee table book! :cool:

Hammer
06-18-2008, 12:00 AM
Thanks for the info!!;)

WakePowell
06-18-2008, 12:13 AM
Did the LED lights have the same plug connection or did you have to cut into the harness and install a different plug?

h2oskifreak
06-18-2008, 01:44 AM
Did LED's on my trailer a few weeks ago for $109.00 and wow, what a great additiom. Can see them form 200 yards in the daylight. I am very pleased with the change.

coz
06-18-2008, 09:06 AM
AND he sent me a 40th coffee table book! :cool:

So that's how you get one :confused: it's been posted before on how to get one :rolleyes: you just answered the question P :D

P-hat_in_Cincy
06-18-2008, 09:06 AM
Did the LED lights have the same plug connection or did you have to cut into the harness and install a different plug?
The ones I got from the dealer had the same plug connector and the grommets fit same cutouts in trailer.

Did LED's on my trailer a few weeks ago for $109.00 and wow, what a great additiom. Can see them form 200 yards in the daylight. I am very pleased with the change.

$109...for all the lights? That's great! I paid a little more, but thought it was fair pricing...and supported my dealer in the end.

They are a neat addition. Brighter, nicer looking, and hopefully last a little longer.

So that's how you get one :confused: it's been posted before on how to get one :rolleyes: you just answered the question P :D
I guess!?!? I actually asked for a couple of their (BOATWORKS) shirts (figured I'd do some advertising for them), but they were out and the book showed up in the box. Extremely nice gesture, I thought!

coz
06-18-2008, 09:14 AM
Nice job P, looks great! I'm thinking I might go there.

P-hat_in_Cincy
06-18-2008, 11:24 AM
Nice job P, looks great! I'm thinking I might go there.
Go for it!
In addition to the cool looks, the project gave me; 1 blood blister, 2 splinters, ground-in dirty fingers, and a stiff neck (from having to be a contortionist for the center clearance light). :D

flipper
06-18-2008, 11:27 AM
Looks great. LED's make a big difference for sure.

Sodar
06-18-2008, 11:36 AM
When I did new LED's in my '96, I went here (http://www.trailerandtruckparts.com/LED-Lights_c_23.html). They had good prices and were very helpful.

TMCNo1
06-18-2008, 01:03 PM
When I did new LED's in my '96, I went here (http://www.trailerandtruckparts.com/LED-Lights_c_23.html). They had good prices and were very helpful.

Wow, what a neat site! A bunch of stuff people ask about, thanks for posting!