PDA

View Full Version : What do you use to clean the floor of your boat with?

dapicatti
06-17-2008, 02:22 AM
Our X2 had a black interior- black floor. Didn't notice a bad problem with dirt on it, but now with the X star having a white interior and white floor it really bugs me looking at the dirty floor when I take out the carpet. I have tried a bunch of different things but can't seem to get the dirt or grunge off the floor. We usually take out the carpet to dry after a day of riding, so i am always going to be looking at this unless I find a way to clean it.

Any advice would be great.

Thanks.

Sodar
06-17-2008, 04:05 PM
Our X2 had a black interior- black floor. Didn't notice a bad problem with dirt on it, but now with the X star having a white interior and white floor it really bugs me looking at the dirty floor when I take out the carpet. I have tried a bunch of different things but can't seem to get the dirt or grunge off the floor. We usually take out the carpet to dry after a day of riding, so i am always going to be looking at this unless I find a way to clean it.

Any advice would be great.

Thanks.

Starbrite Non-Skid Decker cleaner... best stuff I have EVER used. We used it on our center console exclusively and you will be suprised at just how clean you can get it with a liitle cleaner and a scrub brush. It also have a protectant in it, so the deck will not get caulky over time.

http://www.starbrite.com/Prodimages/85900.jpg

dapicatti
06-18-2008, 12:17 AM
Thanks Cameron. I will be ordering some tonight. I don't mind spending time cleaning my boat, I get really pi**ed when I clean and nothing happens.

shepherd
06-18-2008, 03:58 PM
I've used a mixture of Simple Green, bleach, and water with great whitening results on my non-MC boat. Just keep it off your upholstery.

wakeX2wake
06-18-2008, 04:43 PM
Starbrite Non-Skid Decker cleaner... best stuff I have EVER used. We used it on our center console exclusively and you will be suprised at just how clean you can get it with a liitle cleaner and a scrub brush. It also have a protectant in it, so the deck will not get caulky over time.

http://www.starbrite.com/Prodimages/85900.jpg

you use deck cleaner on your carpet?

erkoehler
06-18-2008, 04:48 PM
I have been known to use COMET!

Sodar
06-18-2008, 04:49 PM
you use deck cleaner on your carpet?

No.... for the non-skid BELOW the carpet.

Sodar
06-18-2008, 04:50 PM
I have been known to use COMET!

I used that on a commercial ferry I used to work on. It was harsh, but did the job... I do not think I would be using it on a MC, though. Did you use comet in my bow, Eric? :D

erkoehler
06-18-2008, 04:55 PM
We mix/dilute it with about 5 gallons of water then dump it in the bow and scrub away.

Can't say we did that to your boat....too close to the carpet!

dapicatti
06-18-2008, 09:32 PM
What is the percentage of simple green to bleach to water?

kevfischer
06-18-2008, 09:53 PM
I have also used magic eraser and it seems to work good. you will need a couple.

rrbooker
06-19-2008, 09:45 AM
I tried a couple different things, but found that Magic Eraser was the best!

Willski
06-19-2008, 09:52 AM
I don't have the pull-up carpet, but I would think soft-scrub would work. They make it with bleach too.

shepherd
06-19-2008, 10:19 AM
What is the percentage of simple green to bleach to water?

Probably about 1/2 and 1/2, about an inch deep in the bucket then filled the rest with water. I used it to scrub the deck of my Carolina Skiff and it looks almost like new - brought the white back. Of course, that's the bleach working. I'm probably just wasting the simple green. :cool:

bigmac
06-19-2008, 10:21 AM
I don't have the pull-up carpet, but I would think soft-scrub would work. They make it with bleach too.Soft-Scrub does a great job on gelcoat. I've used Comet too, and that works great at cleaning, but it does tend to cause swirls or scuffing.

Actually, on any boat I've ever owned with a gelcoated floor, I've mostly used a pressure washer and some detergent with the bilge plug in. Then afterward I drive around awhile and let the soapy bilge water slosh then pull the plug and dump that soapy bilge water into the septic system. Makes for a nice clean bilge.