PDA

View Full Version : Glue for carpet in storage areas...

auburn buck
06-16-2008, 11:07 PM
We had a wet winter and limited garage, so inside of boat got damp. The carpet in side storage areas has started to pull away and I was wondering what glue to use to reset?

vogelm1
06-17-2008, 08:35 AM
There's some stuff in a spray can made by 3M, called 3M "Hi-Tack 76". The hardware stores and Home Depot places should carry it. Just a note there are other 'grades' of stickyness in this product (they make a "General Purpose 77") and you don't want that. The Hi-Tack 76 is pretty much like contact cement and have used it for sticking down other things in the boat like rubber floor pad in front of driver's seat, foam inside engine compartment, etc. It's good stuff.

auburn buck
06-17-2008, 10:52 AM
Very much appreciate helping me out on this...

TMCNo1
06-17-2008, 11:26 AM
There's some stuff in a spray can made by 3M, called 3M "Hi-Tack 76". The hardware stores and Home Depot places should carry it. Just a note there are other 'grades' of stickyness in this product (they make a "General Purpose 77") and you don't want that. The Hi-Tack 76 is pretty much like contact cement and have used it for sticking down other things in the boat like rubber floor pad in front of driver's seat, foam inside engine compartment, etc. It's good stuff.
36470Look for this can, Ace Hardware sells it @ around $18 a can!
Spray it on each surface, let dry and put them together like contact cement.

vogelm1
06-17-2008, 12:11 PM
Dat's da stuff! Right on TMC #1. Yep, it's expensive alright but should solve your problems.

east tx skier
06-17-2008, 02:14 PM
That stuff works like a charm as long as you get it where you want it and not where you don't, i.e., on top of the carpet.

TMCNo1
06-17-2008, 02:15 PM
That stuff works like a charm as long as you get it where you want it and not where you don't, i.e., on top of the carpet.

Clean up is simple with a clean rag and some lacquer thinner.