PDA

View Full Version : Taking things to the beach / coast

Ben
06-16-2008, 10:20 AM
We're going on a trip to SC Coast in a few weeks and debating taking our bikes & bike trailer for the kids (vs. renting when we get there). Should I be worried about our stuff getting corrosion / rusting? Our equipment is nothing fancy, just don't want to have to replace it. It looks like the house has a garage, so we can keep it in at night, and other times we're not using it. Just don't know about the heat / humidity. Any experience? Thanks.

Ben

shepherd
06-16-2008, 10:23 AM
I live at the beach. People here have bikes, and they aren't rusty. It's cool.

If you're really worried about your bikes, rinse them off with a hose occasionally, and after you get home.

Knox's_Better_half
06-16-2008, 10:27 AM
The kids and I went to HHI two summers ago. It was not cheap to rent bikes, but it was worth it for me not to have to take all of it with us. Your bikes should be fine. You will not see any corrosion or rusting in the short time of your trip. Everyone bikes down there. And if you rent for the whole time you are there, the discounts seem to be better. Daily is a bit expensive.:twocents:
Where are yall going in SC??

Ben
06-16-2008, 11:27 AM
The kids and I went to HHI two summers ago. It was not cheap to rent bikes, but it was worth it for me not to have to take all of it with us. Your bikes should be fine. You will not see any corrosion or rusting in the short time of your trip. Everyone bikes down there. And if you rent for the whole time you are there, the discounts seem to be better. Daily is a bit expensive.:twocents:
Where are yall going in SC??

Thanks to all

Fripp Island, just N of HH. Unfortunately can't seem to find places to bum a ski ride around there...

The bikes will be on a hitch rack behind the van, so hoping it won't be too much of an issue. Our trailer doubles as a stroller, so that works too - we'd have to take 2 stollers or the double "bus" stroller anyway.