PDA

View Full Version : FLorida Traffic School

Chief
06-15-2008, 09:50 PM
So I get a ticket a few months ago and now I have to pay for it, but to keep the points off my record I have to take (currently doing) a traffic safety course online. Such a scam...... You have to wait for the time allotted for each module. You cannot get ahead of the clock and if you click continue before the clock gets to zero it starts your time over. ITS KILLING ME! Four hours and not a second sooner.

Just because I forgot to get one thing at the previous trip to Home Depot so I had to go back and of course I was in a hurry and BAM two cops jump out of the bushes and wave me over. Dumb asses almost got run over. So I get ticket, first one in over fifteen years and now I'm stuck doing this retard course. What a way to spend Fathers day.

Chief
06-15-2008, 10:01 PM
Here is some perils of wisdom from the course:

"Donít overdrive your headlights. Drive at a speed that will allow you to stop within the distance that your headlights project."

I hate when I'm driving faster than the speed of light and that car pulls out in front of me.

TMCNo1
06-15-2008, 10:07 PM
A friend of mine went to one of those schools for a ticket and met a stripper who was attending too! I would never be so lucky! Every so often, he gives her driving lessons!

Chief
06-15-2008, 10:10 PM
A friend of mine went to one of those schools for a ticket and met a stripper who was attending too! I would never be so lucky! Every so often, he gives her driving lessons!

The only stripper I've ever met on a personal level was at the Joker Supper Club in Charleston SC.

SkiDog
06-15-2008, 10:27 PM
The only stripper I've ever met on a personal level was at the Joker Supper Club in Charleston SC.

Did you marry her?!?:D

Chief
06-15-2008, 10:31 PM
Did you marry her?!?:D

Nope................... Just played the part.

TMCNo1
06-15-2008, 11:25 PM
Nope................... Just played the part.

Awe, it's call poking fun at her!:rolleyes:

TX.X-30 fan
06-15-2008, 11:52 PM
All along I thought this was a family website??? 8p

atlfootr
06-15-2008, 11:58 PM
It is, and we're all family -- my brother :D

Chief
06-16-2008, 06:10 AM
All along I thought this was a family website??? 8p

Dysfunctional at best, but a family.

TMCNo1
06-16-2008, 07:23 AM
Dysfunctional at best, but a family.

It must be the excellant gene pool we have!

Knox's_Better_half
06-16-2008, 08:11 AM

"Donít overdrive your headlights. Drive at a speed that will allow you to stop within the distance that your headlights project."

I hate when I'm driving faster than the speed of light and that car pulls out in front of me.

Ahhh, where would we be with out such valuable info!:confused: I never knew this before:rolleyes:
Sorry that you had to waste a whole day going to traffic school. We went to the lake yesterday and realy should have just stayed home. There was a fishing tournament going on and those sponsored bass boats are a reall pain in my @$$.....on the lake and at the ramp!!!

T Scott
06-16-2008, 08:59 AM
I too had Johnny Law write me a ticket about a year ago and ended up taking the same boring online class you are referencing. I set up the course, minimized it, went on with my regular computer work, and opened up the course every 45 minutes or so to whiz through the content. Florida law requires a minimum 4 hour class to wipe away the points and the timing restrictions is just their way of making sure you don"t complete it in 15 minutes.

shepherd
06-16-2008, 10:27 AM

That's funny right there! :uglyhamme

83hurstguy
06-16-2008, 10:37 AM

"Don’t overdrive your headlights. Drive at a speed that will allow you to stop within the distance that your headlights project."

That more or less refers to where you are watching on the road as well... for example, at 80 mph you are travelling around 117 feet per second. Assuming it takes you 0.25 seconds to get the brakes pulling the car down, you have already passed roughly 30 feet. The idiots on the road who stare at the rear bumper of the car 25 feet in front of them are looking at history... if something happens, it's already too late to react... you actually hear that in hi performance driving classes all over the place.

same thing for headlights... they only project so far to the point you can get a detailed image of the road.

I guess online driving class is still better than having to go somewhere and sit in a room for 4 hours, lol...