PDA

View Full Version : Motor mount replacement

ddlewis64
06-15-2008, 04:27 PM
I need to replace the rear motor mounts in a 95' Maristar. I am guessing a engine hoist is my only option to hold the rear of the motor? I notice the motor has two lifting rings (one rear starboard and the other on the front port side. Am I safe to use just the single rear lift ring or should I use both?

TMCNo1
06-15-2008, 04:35 PM
I need to replace the rear motor mounts in a 95' Maristar. I am guessing a engine hoist is my only option to hold the rear of the motor? I notice the motor has two lifting rings (one rear starboard and the other on the front port side. Am I safe to use just the single rear lift ring or should I use both?

I suspect the one closest to the mounts would be sufficient, unless you are removing the entire engine from it's home, then both for equal weight distribution and for the balancing act.

rholmes
06-15-2008, 07:37 PM
On the V-drives, can you not put a couple bottle jacks under the manifolds like a regular direct drive when changing a transmission to lift the engine?

ddlewis64
06-15-2008, 09:23 PM
rholmes - thanks for the reply. I can get bottle jacks under the exhaust manafolds - and the thought crossed my mind. Will the exhaust manafolds support the motor without damaging it?

DLewis
06-16-2008, 04:34 PM
Anyone ever used a bottle jack between the stringer and the exhaust manafold - or will this casue damage to the manafold?