PDA

View Full Version : 06 X2 Ballast Pumps

wakecumberland
06-14-2008, 02:28 PM
So I turn on the switches and the ballast pumps don't even turn on. No humming, no groaning...nothing. Any advice on how to investigate these things? They worked great up until Tuesday. I have already been told to change the impellers, but would all three impellers get stuck at the same time? It seems to me they aren't getting any power. Where are the breakers for the pumps? A photo might help.

Thanks! I need some weight!

Adam

wakecumberland
06-15-2008, 07:56 PM
Pulled the KGB pump and checked the power going to the pump. The pump is getting power with the switch on so I would think that the breaker is good. The impellers are the yellow ones and I only checked the KGB and the port side but both looked good. I have the KGB pump out but have not done anything to it yet.

All help would be greatly appreciated! Thanks

Adam

Chief
06-15-2008, 08:45 PM
So I turn on the switches and the ballast pumps don't even turn on. No humming, no groaning...nothing. Any advice on how to investigate these things? They worked great up until Tuesday. I have already been told to change the impellers, but would all three impellers get stuck at the same time? It seems to me they aren't getting any power. Where are the breakers for the pumps? A photo might help.

Thanks! I need some weight!

Adam

My breakers are under the port side rear seat.

Jerseydave
06-15-2008, 09:11 PM
If you have power to the pumps, they should work.

Take the covers off, remove the impellers and see if they run without them. You can try lightly tapping on the pump motor to see if it's "stuck". You may have bad pumps, but I doubt that all 3 are bad at the same time.

Is your battery fully charged?

(Note, I only run my ballast pumps with my engine running)