PDA

View Full Version : Sunglasses, etc ...

Pages : 1 2 3 [4]

tex
06-10-2008, 10:22 AM
well, found exactly what I was looking for.......

+/- $100.00:headbang:

$63.87!!!!:woohoo:

got the cold shoulder treatment at the Sunglass Shop in the mall... went down the stree to Sam's

Found Pacific Traders polarized glass lens that I love and the cutie behind the counter said they looked good on me:cool:

http://graphics.samsclub.com/images/products/0088301900973_L4.jpg

http://www.samsclub.com/shopping/navigate.do?dest=5&item=320261

She lied to you!

flipper
06-10-2008, 10:29 AM
She lied to you!

:uglyhamme:uglyhamme

Anything for a sale.

wakeX2wake
06-10-2008, 10:53 AM
the best sunglasses made are Maui Jim... hands down...

can't believe i'm just now finding this thread...

these were my favorite sunglasses i've ever had (over 5 pair of oakleys and a couple of ray ban... my natives were close but no cigar)

got these now too for a more rigid frame and easier to take on and off and wear to work and around

Ric
06-10-2008, 12:02 PM
the best sunglasses made are Maui Jim... hands down...

can't believe i'm just now finding this thread...

these were my favorite sunglasses i've ever had (over 5 pair of oakleys and a couple of ray ban... my natives were close but no cigar)

got these now too for a more rigid frame and easier to take on and off and wear to work and around
This man has obviously never tried a pair of Costa Del Mar glasses.

wakeX2wake
06-10-2008, 12:19 PM
This man has obviously never tried a pair of Costa Del Mar glasses.

man i have tried them on and tried them on... the frats at auburn played them out and they just feel cheap to me... they're like wal-mart plastic... they're huge here too though there's a college here too... and they're huge w/ my friends who fish... but i just can't get into them... they kind of played out on me like oakley... everybody gets 'em b/c they're a recognizable name and $100 bucks

Ric
06-10-2008, 12:29 PM
I will put the Costa lenses up against anything on the market though.

Upper Michigan Prostar190
06-10-2008, 12:32 PM
I will put the Costa lenses up against anything on the market though.

Fantastic.

Ric
06-10-2008, 12:33 PM
Fantastic.
said the man who would never pay more than $ 1.99 for sunglasses:D

Knox's_Better_half
06-10-2008, 12:43 PM
Tried alot of different glasses out there and although I have never tried on a pair of Costa's, I love my Maui Jims!! Not cheap, but so worth every penny. Knox got a pair right after he had his eye surgery and wont wear anything else. I know this is a loaded question on here, but here goes...............Are the Costa's comparable in price/quality?

Ric
06-10-2008, 12:50 PM
Knox needs a pair of costas. No girls allowed.

Tried alot of different glasses out there and although I have never tried on a pair of Costa's, I love my Maui Jims!! Not cheap, but so worth every penny. Knox got a pair right after he had his eye surgery and wont wear anything else. I know this is a loaded question on here, but here goes...............Are the Costa's comparable in price/quality?

Knox's_Better_half
06-10-2008, 01:07 PM
Knox needs a pair of costas. No girls allowed.

Well, if no girls allowed.........Knox doesnt get Costa's In part because unless it is for the boat he doesnt buy anything. So if these are truly the better glasses out there..........I would have to buy them as a gift for anniversary or birthday or other holiday......or just cause I like him

Ric
06-10-2008, 01:45 PM
Well, if no girls allowed.........Knox doesnt get Costa's In part because unless it is for the boat he doesnt buy anything. So if these are truly the better glasses out there..........I would have to buy them as a gift for anniversary or birthday or other holiday......or just cause I like him

Daym knox....................................:D

Well better half, I'm just playin, there are many styles of Costas which ladies love.

To answer your question directly, the prices are comparable with maui jim ($89.00 up to $249.00), I'll argue that Costa has better quality lenses and I can attest to their outstanding customer service. ...and did I mention they sponsor skiing?..:)

For the record, knox, you can buy some costas because I'd definitely say that they are for the boat. I have customers who put them away when they get home from the bay or the lake because they don't want anything happening to them if they wear them everyday.

Knox's_Better_half
06-10-2008, 01:56 PM
Well, I will have to check them out. His eyes need the best after the surgery. Maybe we will have to check in to them. The Maui Jims that he has he loves.....except they have glass lenses and they are heavy! I would like to find some that have good eye coverage that he is comfortable with. With the glare from the water and the everyday sun....he just needs to be careful. I would hate to see him have issues with his eyes again.

Ric
06-10-2008, 02:00 PM
Well, I will have to check them out. His eyes need the best after the surgery. Maybe we will have to check in to them. The Maui Jims that he has he loves.....except they have glass lenses and they are heavy! I would like to find some that have good eye coverage that he is comfortable with. With the glare from the water and the everyday sun....he just needs to be careful. I would hate to see him have issues with his eyes again. Yes he does, don't let him take a chance .

Honestly, I'd go with glass lenses in the costa's even though you have the option of plastic. They hold up better when you wipe them with your shirt or towel while out in the boat. It's for the boat, remember?

Maristar210
06-10-2008, 02:03 PM
Got a live one there eh Ricci?

Ric
06-10-2008, 02:08 PM
It's like selling eighty thousand dollar wakeboard boats to kids. It's all in the approach.

Knox's_Better_half
06-10-2008, 02:11 PM
It's like selling eighty thousand dollar wakeboard boats to kids. It's all in the approach.

Yeah.........but you see, I cant put a price tag on his eyes!

Well, with in reason that is.:rolleyes::D

Ric
06-10-2008, 02:13 PM
Yeah.........but you see, I cant put a price tag on his eyes!

Well, with in reason that is.:rolleyes::D
My job is to make Knox like the glasses and convince better half to see the value of the glasses so Knox can have some.

Knox's_Better_half
06-10-2008, 02:16 PM
My job is to make Knox like the glasses and convince better half to see the value of the glasses so Knox can have some.

Sounds like a helluva sales pitch to me!!:rolleyes:

wakeX2wake
06-10-2008, 02:18 PM
Never seen the Costa's with glass lens...

KBH if you want better sunglasses for knox... you'll have to buy better maui jim's haha... if it's light weight you want check out the "paradise" glasses i pictured earlier... I LOVED those... SUPER light weight (pricey... but as stated well worth it) and you can wrap them around your finger then stick back on your face and never know it... the lens are scratch and shatter proof... the frames are like nothing is there... i had them for about 2 yrs and they were stolen at a gas station on a beer run... just got the "south shore"s now to have something a little different... Maui's ARE the upper echelon sunglasses company

plus the die cut sticker the sent me looks pretty sweet on my ibex wakeboard(they sent me 2 for free... the other is opposite my Ronix sticker on the lower corner of my back window... which both balance out the MC sticker across top of the back window of the Tundra)

Knox's_Better_half
06-10-2008, 02:24 PM

KBH if you want better sunglasses for knox... you'll have to buy better maui jim's haha... if it's light weight you want check out the "paradise" glasses i pictured earlier... I LOVED those... SUPER light weight (pricey... but as stated well worth it) and you can wrap them around your finger then stick back on your face and never know it... the lens are scratch and shatter proof... the frames are like nothing is there... i had them for about 2 yrs and they were stolen at a gas station on a beer run... just got the "south shore"s now to have something a little different... Maui's ARE the upper echelon sunglasses company

I have a lightweight pair of MJ's I got them at Xmas when Knox dropped my old pair on the kitchen tile and the frames cracked. Glass lenses survived, but just the way they fell, they were toast. Knox has the same type with the glass lenses. He has had them since 05. But with the weight of them we have been looking at others. But he needs the full coverage over the eye!

Ric
06-10-2008, 02:30 PM

The glass will cost you more of course, but it's a patented design which I'd bet (apples to apples) is a lighter pair of glasses than the maui jim.

Probably alot of the college bunch would be wearing the less expensive cr39 (plastic) lenses from Costa. It's a superior lens, but scratchable..

ShamrockIV
06-10-2008, 02:31 PM
i wear my army issue oakleys!!!!!! see avatar!!!

Knox's_Better_half
06-10-2008, 02:31 PM
The glass will cost you more of course, but it's a patented design which I'd bet (apples to apples) is a lighter pair of glasses than the maui jim.

Probably alot of the college bunch would be wearing the less expensive cr39 (plastic) lenses from Costa. It's a superior lens, but scratchable..

hmmmmmmm.....I am curious now.

wakeX2wake
06-10-2008, 02:38 PM
But he needs the full coverage over the eye!

The "paradise" will do it!!!... hands down the coolest glasses i've ever had (and like i said it's been a lot)... i wore them on the golf course and water and everything they were great

sorry Ric i have to respectfully disagree... i just haven't found any costas i've liked but... i'll say this... it's all splitting hairs... as many pair as the two companies sell they're all good glasses it's a question like "what's a better wake? x-star or 230 Super Air Nauti?... Parks Bonifay will tell you the x-star and Scott Byerly will tell you the 230... differnet strokes for different folks

D3skier
06-10-2008, 02:46 PM
Oakley Juliet gray polarized lens

Ric
06-10-2008, 02:50 PM
The "paradise" will do it!!!... hands down the coolest glasses i've ever had (and like i said it's been a lot)... i wore them on the golf course and water and everything they were great

sorry Ric i have to respectfully disagree... i just haven't found any costas i've liked but... i'll say this... it's all splitting hairs... as many pair as the two companies sell they're all good glasses it's a question like "what's a better wake? x-star or 230 Super Air Nauti?... Parks Bonifay will tell you the x-star and Scott Byerly will tell you the 230... differnet strokes for different folks I'm ok with that as long as anyone who disagrees has tried both;)
If you have never seen a pair of glass costa lenses, then you've never experienced the Costa580 lens and it's more than just splitting hairs at that point, I promise ya.

Knox's_Better_half
06-10-2008, 02:58 PM
I'm ok with that as long as anyone who disagrees has tried both;)
If you have never seen a pair of glass costa lenses, then you've never experienced the Costa580 lens and it's more than just splitting hairs at that point, I promise ya.

Hey just was on the phone with Knox and he said send him a pair and he will try them out and let you know.;):cool:

Knox's_Better_half
06-10-2008, 02:59 PM
Forgot to mention that he likes the dark polarized lenses.

wakeX2wake
06-10-2008, 03:00 PM
Hey just was on the phone with Knox and he said send him a pair and he will try them out and let you know.;):cool:

haha... what the hey... me too

Ric
06-10-2008, 03:02 PM
you guys are great. Do you wanna put your card number on here or pm me a phone number ?8p

wakeX2wake
06-10-2008, 03:08 PM
haha... sure i've been in the market for a $900 pair of costas

Ric
06-10-2008, 03:10 PM
and I'm here to help :rolleyes:

ShamrockIV
06-10-2008, 03:12 PM
you guys are great. Do you wanna put your card number on here or pm me a phone number ?8p

can i have my bank send u a cashiers check for $5000 and u send me the glasses and the remainder of the funds?? thanks

Ric
06-10-2008, 03:14 PM
YEs .

wakeX2wake
06-10-2008, 03:50 PM
why do i assume if i gave you my credit card number that me you and knox would all have a new pair of $300 costas?

Knox's_Better_half
06-10-2008, 04:02 PM
why do i assume if i gave you my credit card number that me you and knox would all have a new pair of $300 costas?

Sounds good to me!!! Be sure to get dark lenses though8p:D

wakeX2wake
06-10-2008, 04:09 PM
Sounds good to me!!! Be sure to get dark lenses though8p:D

umm yea i'm pming it over as we speak

Ric
06-10-2008, 04:09 PM
I think if you posted your card on this site you'd own a helluvalot more than a few pair of costas... ;)

wakeX2wake
06-10-2008, 04:13 PM
I think if you posted your card on this site you'd own a helluvalot more than a few pair of costas... ;)

haha not too much... early birds would get the worms... i've got a new board setup, jacket, and neo top on that thing... not too much room left... (they called and wanted to extend my credit limit and i told them #e!! NO!!! b/c i'd end up using it)

Knox's_Better_half
06-10-2008, 04:17 PM
Alright.........if I was going to look at these ....compare and contrast....where can I find them?? Sunglass Hut.... with MJ RayBan and all the others??

Ric
06-10-2008, 04:23 PM
Alright.........if I was going to look at these ....compare and contrast....where can I find them?? Sunglass Hut.... with MJ RayBan and all the others??
tough call, maybe sunglass hut because I don't think that bass pro or Gander mountain carry maui jim. Costa was born from the offshore fishing world, so you'll find them in more sporting goods related places than you will MJ, but raybans..oakleys.. They're everywhere.
look on costadelmar.com and use their dealer finder and work from there... Please do let us know which ones you pick for Knox.

I'll send you a decal with them too, so that you can be like wake2wake;)

wakeX2wake
06-10-2008, 04:35 PM
gee i see costas a lot in wal-mart and k-mart... and a good bit in your local convenience stores as well...

totally kidding Ric

Ric
06-10-2008, 05:24 PM
ha ha HAHA HAHHAHAHAH HAAAAAAAAAAAA:cool:

brucemac
06-10-2008, 06:01 PM
lol

i really like the lenses on the maui jims, but i just can't seem to find a pair i can pull off. i should try harder. my old revos are falling apart and i look a bit like i'm trying too hard in my spy optics. :)

Maristar210
06-10-2008, 11:09 PM
I like to bust Ric's chops bout his pimping of the Costa's but when I decided I could afford them and after some Q & A with Ric I decided to pull the trigger. All I can say is WOW!!!!!

I got the Hammerheads for my fat head with the blue glass lenses.
I have been on the planet 41 years and have worn a lot of sunglasses, these are the best I have ever owned and I have no alterior motive for making this claim.

Thanks again Ric !!!!!

Upper Michigan Prostar190
06-11-2008, 08:47 AM
Can I be cool like you Steve?? Can Ric make me that cool?

Maristar210
06-11-2008, 08:52 AM
Can I be cool like you Steve?? Can Ric make me that cool?

I never said cool you jackass. I said I liked them very much.

Just cause you're too much of a tight *** to spend 2 bills on a pair of nice shades doesn't mean I have to take crap from you 8p8p

Knox's_Better_half
06-11-2008, 08:55 AM
The hammerheads look like they have good eye coverage. Knox and I talked about them and maybe we will go and check them out. He is on the road a lot lately so it will have to be some time in between boat time on the weekend.

Ric
06-11-2008, 09:36 AM
Note: Steve (maristar210) is a real paying customer and is giving real testimonial. No part of this scene was staged.
Caution: Ump is not cool enough for Costas. Knox's better half is only allowed to buy Costas for Knox as girls are knot allowed:D

ShamrockIV
06-11-2008, 09:47 AM
how much are they??? i am ballin on a budget!!!!

Ric
06-11-2008, 09:50 AM
prices range from 89.99 - 249.99
send me a pm and I'll set you up with a pair that's the best price and fit for you.

ShamrockIV
06-11-2008, 01:50 PM
i may have settled on a new pair. i customized some oakleys that are sharp!!!

Ric
06-11-2008, 02:52 PM
oh no no sham

ShamrockIV
06-11-2008, 02:55 PM
oh no no sham

why not ric!!!

Ric
06-11-2008, 02:57 PM
I'm tellin ya :rant: get the Costa's

ShamrockIV
06-11-2008, 03:04 PM
I'm tellin ya :rant: get the Costa's

can i get them with rootbeer frames and gold lenses??? my name etched on the lense!!

Ric
06-11-2008, 03:06 PM
hhahahahaha NO

VOLFAN
06-12-2008, 01:26 PM
Nutin' wrong with Oakley's! I got two pairs of Half Jacket's and love them!

brucemac
06-12-2008, 01:29 PM
how much are the costa del mar turbine's with blue glass ric?

they any good? don't think the hammerheads would look good on me

i have kind of a round face, so need something a little more square

tried to find a local dealer, but something tells me west marine and boater's world aren't going to have these

http://us.st12.yimg.com/us.st.yimg.com/I/sunglassesgiant_2002_372622542

Ric
06-12-2008, 02:31 PM
Turbines are really nice. Blue or green lenses in glass are what I've found to be best for boating of any kind. I like the style or look of the blue mirror lens when someone has them on.

Either one will amaze you with the clarity and bright feel you get from a pair of shades that's giving you complete eye protection!
Bruce, if you're interested, shoot me a pm .

milkmania
09-16-2008, 01:35 AM
well, found exactly what I was looking for.......

+/- $100.00

$63.87!!!!:woohoo:

got the cold shoulder treatment at the Sunglass Shop in the mall... went down the stree to Sam's

Found Pacific Traders polarized glass lens that I love and the cutie behind the counter said they looked good on me

http://graphics.samsclub.com/images/products/0088301900973_L4.jpg

http://www.samsclub.com/shopping/navigate.do?dest=5&item=320261

update, they lasted me 25 months before I broke the frame:o

oakley
09-16-2008, 09:32 PM
I'm going to vote for........

Sodar
11-05-2008, 11:26 PM
Ric, are you still selling Costas?

cbryan70
11-05-2008, 11:26 PM
Thanks for pulling this thread up Sodar....I was just wondering where this thread and the other sunglasses threads went

cbryan70
11-05-2008, 11:27 PM
Atl can we sticky this thread?

Sodar
11-05-2008, 11:28 PM
Thanks for pulling this thread up Sodar....I was just wondering where this thread and the other sunglasses threads went

All sunglass threads have been combined. If you have any questions, I am certain they are answered here.

cbryan70
11-06-2008, 04:02 PM
What happend to my sticky request? Alt really has been slacking

betsy&david Harrison
11-06-2008, 04:25 PM
Ah!! Finally this thread lives to see another day. My Maui Jims are scratched a bit.. how can I fix the lens?

Ric
11-06-2008, 05:23 PM
Ric, are you still selling Costas?
Yessir .

PendO
11-06-2008, 05:59 PM
bump ... need some blue blocker sunglasses!

mzito
03-05-2011, 08:35 AM
Bomber Sunglasses. Floating, Polarized, and cheap. picked them up at the local MC dealer

TX.X-30 fan
03-05-2011, 09:56 AM
bump ... need some blue blocker sunglasses!

I could see Hooligan in blue-blockers...........

JimN
03-05-2011, 11:11 AM
These might work-
http://cgi.ebay.com/ADULT-WITCH-NOSE-COSTUME-SUNGLASSES-GLASSES-MASQUERADE_W0QQitemZ310295734742QQcategoryZ163149Q QcmdZViewItem

nanneyman
03-05-2011, 09:30 PM
I wear Costa Del Mar's. They're the best sunglasses I've ever worn. The new 580 polycarbonates are one of the clearest lens on the market and all the lens are polarized!

2RLAKE
03-06-2011, 09:07 AM
i have a couple pairs of Oakley polarized half jackets

ProStar200
03-09-2011, 07:54 PM
Oakley Gascans, Polarized of course, to go along with the many other pairs of Oakley Glasses.

thatsmrmastercraft
03-09-2011, 07:56 PM
These might work-
http://cgi.ebay.com/ADULT-WITCH-NOSE-COSTUME-SUNGLASSES-GLASSES-MASQUERADE_W0QQitemZ310295734742QQcategoryZ163149Q QcmdZViewItem

Nice twist on the classic nose glasses.

TX.X-30 fan
03-09-2011, 07:59 PM
I wear Costa Del Mar's. They're the best sunglasses I've ever worn. The new 580 polycarbonates are one of the clearest lens on the market and all the lens are polarized!

You should check out www.ricsoverpricedsh!t.com he sell costas:D

absolutezero
06-17-2011, 07:16 PM
Love that this thread started in 2004 and got bumped when it was more than 2 years old!!!!!

I've owned a couple Oakley, couple Maui Jim, Persol, and a few others that were essentially just name brands stamped on a frame. The Maui's definitely had the best lenses, the Oakleys were the best for sport, and the Persol's were the most fashionable. Best customer service hands down is Maui Jim. I broke one pair of MJs twice by sitting on them... Both times I simply took them into the headquarters in Peoria, Illinois and they fixed them for free on the spot. No appointment, no cost, just great service.

I like the Persol's and they are what I'm wearing mostly now, but the lenses could be a little darker for the lake.

I've never been a believer in cheap sunglasses, but I understand why most people do. My wife was a long time cheap sunglass wearer, but I finally got her some decent glasses with actual glass polarized lenses after she was complaining about her eyes hurting. She was amazed at the difference. I believe you get what you pay for... at least up to a certain point.

Will this thread will ever die. I hope it doesn't. I wonder what is the longest running thread on this forum.

squishd
06-17-2011, 11:42 PM
Try Spy Optics I like them.

Ryan
06-18-2011, 08:26 AM
I wonder what is the longest running thread on this forum.
I'm curious to know that too. It's hard to tell on some threads that have been moved/merged though.

gwozhog
01-21-2014, 08:58 PM
This thread needed a jump again. Gatorz are the ultimate sport glasses. They are designed for high speeds and grip your head as tight as you want. Since they are billet alluminum you bend them to fit your head size.

jafo9
01-21-2014, 10:12 PM
sweet old thread. bump for bombers.

mzimme
01-21-2014, 11:14 PM
These are my go-to's. The Oakley Jupiter Squared VR46 edition (that's Valentino Rossi... the sportbike rider). Love these shades.

http://www.oakley.com/images/catalog/generated/750x350/a3/4f96d761c0fad.jpg

http://i166.photobucket.com/albums/u99/zimstang/niplick-1.jpg (http://s166.photobucket.com/user/zimstang/media/niplick-1.jpg.html)

Aric'sX15
01-21-2014, 11:19 PM
Dunno for you guys, but oakley is for sure my brand of choice. Each glass is made for each of the specific frames. That way the focal point is not skewed like some other brands that the lenses are more of a generic one lens fits all. also most oakley glasses pass the ANSI certification process.

*I may or may not have worked for oakley as a marketing rep... lol

mikeg205
01-21-2014, 11:20 PM
Rudy projects for me for my sport bike... but my sport bike has peddles. ;)

mzimme
01-21-2014, 11:22 PM
Dunno for you guys, but oakley is for sure my brand of choice. Each glass is made for each of the specific frames. That way the focal point is not skewed like some other brands that the lenses are more of a generic one lens fits all. also most oakley glasses pass the ANSI certification process.

*I may or may not have worked for oakley as a marketing rep... lol

I won't buy anything else... okay... maybe some Spy's, but that's it. I've had lots of sunglasses in the past, and nothing is better standing the test of time than Oakleys. I wear them every single day, and they last me years upon years. I still have some half jackets from 2006 that I wore for 4 years non stop. They're still perfect.

Aric'sX15
01-21-2014, 11:25 PM
Ive taken the factory tour, and it is insane the way these glasses are made. don't think its open to the public but it sure is awesome to see. they make around 40k glasses a day, in orange county CA!

Aric'sX15
01-22-2014, 12:20 AM
I won't buy anything else... okay... maybe some Spy's, but that's it. I've had lots of sunglasses in the past, and nothing is better standing the test of time than Oakleys. I wear them every single day, and they last me years upon years. I still have some half jackets from 2006 that I wore for 4 years non stop. They're still perfect.

Btw the nipple lick pic is epic. Lol

AlbertaSurfer
01-22-2014, 12:40 AM
Electric Visual. I'm a bit of a brand whore though, I stick to what I know. Strictly Electric sunnies and goggles for over 10 years.