PDA

View Full Version : Sunglasses, etc ...

Pages : 1 [2] 3 4

Ric
05-29-2007, 03:45 PM
no se'

GASouthernMC
05-29-2007, 04:17 PM
Does anybody know if you can order a new set of frames from Oakley? I've got a pair of polarized A-Wires that I bent the crap out of the frames on.

Sodar
05-29-2007, 04:19 PM
Does anybody know if you can order a new set of frames from Oakley? I've got a pair of polarized A-Wires that I bent the crap out of the frames on.

Yup!! Custom Service is second to none!!

Oakley
1 Icon
Foothill Ranch, CA 92610

sten76
05-29-2007, 04:38 PM
Kaenon Rhinos.

Best I have ever owned.

tex
05-29-2007, 04:55 PM
I swear by them. Polarized and just looks cool!

Ric
05-29-2007, 05:28 PM
I'm tellin ya....

Workin' 4 Toys
05-29-2007, 11:00 PM
Yup!! Customer Service is second to none!!

Oakley
1 Icon
Foothill Ranch, CA 92610
Agreed.........;) I've had to contact them twice. Above and beyond each time.

Workin' 4 Toys
05-29-2007, 11:03 PM
I have a few polarized sets, I don't wear them much. Seems to me they just make things "brighter", and it kind of defeats the purpose of sunglasses......No?

6ballsisall
05-29-2007, 11:06 PM
I am all about the Target brand glasses these days (under 20 bucks) Funny enough, when I bought the more costly sunglasses without a doubt I ALWAYS managed to lose them one way or another. Now these cheapies on the other hand, I swear if I threw them overboard they'd bounce off the water and back in the boat.......:rolleyes:

LakePirate
05-29-2007, 11:54 PM
I have a pair of Ray Bans that are 5 years old, a pair of Oakleys that are about 10 years old and another pair of Oakleys 3 years old. Get the frat strap, you will keep you shades.

Hemey5
05-30-2007, 08:31 AM
Oakley's and Smith optics sports classes. Both polarized.
Hemey

Ric
05-30-2007, 08:57 AM
I have a few polarized sets, I don't wear them much. Seems to me they just make things "brighter", and it kind of defeats the purpose of sunglasses......No? I think polarization is only meant to eliminate glare. I am sure there are varying grades of quality on the market.

skeeler
05-30-2007, 09:05 AM
Von Zipper for me.....:D

Workin' 4 Toys
05-30-2007, 09:08 AM
I think polarization is only meant to eliminate glare. I am sure there are varying grades of quality on the market.
Well, Inside the stores I like them.:o
It's outside in the sun I don't....:(

atlfootr
05-30-2007, 09:17 AM
While we're on the subject of sunglasses?
I have a pair of Costa Del Mar Turbines, I like them so much I bought my wife a pair.

Their specially made for water sports.
Great glasses.

http://216.25.100.116/miva/4.12/merchant.mv?Screen=PROD&Store_Code=CDM&Product_Code=B_Turbine&Category_Code=My guess is cause there so great, they closed the site :rolleyes:

atlfootr
05-30-2007, 09:23 AM
When I lose my current pair, which should be within a few months (average 3-4 a year) my next set will be these of course :D
If anyone out there wants to get me a pair before then, that'd be great ... thanks in advance.

atlfootr
05-30-2007, 09:31 AM
I've worn Oakleys for years, but they always broke or scratched etc.
Costa Del Mar replaces the lenses free if you scratch them.
They have an scratch resitant coating on the lens.
They are polarized and have different lens, some for water, etc.
These are some fantastic selling points :firejump:

betsy&david Harrison
05-30-2007, 10:00 AM
I'm going to make some of you cry.... even I pay the big$$$ for glasses..BUT, it only costs the companys about $10.00 a pair to make them. That comes from a very reliable source by the way.

87MCProstar
05-30-2007, 10:18 AM
okaleys or zippers for me, but they need to be polarized.

BrianM
05-30-2007, 10:31 AM
I am now wearing a set of Bolle Recoils with the polarized Modulator lenses. The lenses adjust to the amount of UV light becoming either lighter or darker depending on conditions. They have been awesome so far. Added bonus is Bolle makes a seriously light pair of glasses so you don't notice them on.

Workin' 4 Toys
05-30-2007, 11:34 AM
I'm going to make some of you cry.... even I pay the big$$$ for glasses..BUT, it only costs the companys about $10.00 a pair to make them. That comes from a very reliable source by the way.
I don't care how much it costs to "make".....Thanks for the info though....;)

I am curious to know how much it costs to make these Red Wings I am wearing.....:confused:

Ric
05-30-2007, 01:28 PM
Well, Inside the stores I like them.:o
It's outside in the sun I don't....:( it's like I'm hammering my head against the wall here.... Do yourself a favor and try on a pair of Costa Del Mar with the Costa580 lens. If you have been looking through inferior polarized products, you may not be getting the full benefit of the polarization process.

Costas block 100% uv rays and are 100% polarized. Brieod mentioned the scratch resistant properties and it's true. The best scratch resistance is found in the glass lenses from Costa. Designed specifically for marine use.

onewheat
05-31-2007, 01:35 AM
I wore Oakleys for years. But, they always broke or scratched etc. Costa Del Mar will replace the lenses for free if you scratch them. They have an scratch resitant coating on the lens. They are polarized and have different lens, some for water, etc.

From their website...

Lifetime Warranty
We warranty our sunglasses against manufacturing defects for the lifetime of the product...not for a year, but a lifetime.

Since eventual wear and tear can be expected, reasonable repair charges will be levied if repairs are necessary as a result of normal wear, scratched lenses, broken hinges, accidental damage, misuse or any other problems not determined to be a manufacturing defect. Costa Del Mar will repair or replace, at our option, any product determined by Costa Del Mar to be a manufacturer's defect. A handling fee of $9.95 (plus sales tax in LA, FL, TX, NJ, CO, DE and MI) will be charged for each warranty claim processed.

It says 'reasonable repair charges' can be levied for all but manufacturing defects. I'm not arguing the quality of the glasses, but it definitely doesn't sound like free replacement lenses if you scratch them.

Ryan
05-31-2007, 07:37 AM
Anyone out there using Dragon sunglasses with polarized lenses? Looking for opinions.
They're on my list.

Ric
05-31-2007, 09:01 AM
It is possible that someone told bri wrong on that one. I know that the glass lens is designed for rugged saltwater marine use. Plastic lenses scratch easy when you wipe off water droplets etc in marine environments.

Costa has a good lifetime warranty and a good repair department, but I am not for sure that IF you scratch the glass lenses, they would replace them for free, but it would still be economical to have them repaired. I know this firsthand and they do it rather quickly.

From their website...

Lifetime Warranty
We warranty our sunglasses against manufacturing defects for the lifetime of the product...not for a year, but a lifetime.

Since eventual wear and tear can be expected, reasonable repair charges will be levied if repairs are necessary as a result of normal wear, scratched lenses, broken hinges, accidental damage, misuse or any other problems not determined to be a manufacturing defect. Costa Del Mar will repair or replace, at our option, any product determined by Costa Del Mar to be a manufacturer's defect. A handling fee of $9.95 (plus sales tax in LA, FL, TX, NJ, CO, DE and MI) will be charged for each warranty claim processed.

It says 'reasonable repair charges' can be levied for all but manufacturing defects. I'm not arguing the quality of the glasses, but it definitely doesn't sound like free replacement lenses if you scratch them.

Willski
05-31-2007, 09:03 AM
Anybody using any cool prescription sunglasses? My eyes aren't that bad, so I never made the move to contacts. Right now I have some decent Nike glasses with clip on sunglasses, but the style now is small glasses, so they don't do that well in the sun. I would really like some decent sunglasses with prescription cut in. I wonder if they are expensive though.

Yellow X9
05-31-2007, 09:17 AM
RayBan's here

Ric
06-27-2007, 05:45 PM
Costa Del Mar and INT league (http://www.intleague.com/news/pr_02-08-06.html)

Sodar
06-27-2007, 05:57 PM
Cheap Sunglasses? Not For Luxottica

The Italian optics giant snares performance eyewear maker Oakley in a $2.1 billion deal

How do you say "buyout" in Italian? Oakley (OO (http://investing.businessweek.com/research/stocks/snapshot/snapshot.asp?symbol=OO)), the maker of the fancy sunglasses (sorry, "sport performance optics") favored by pro athletes and weekend warriors, has a new societa madre: Italian optical giant Luxottica (LUX (http://investing.businessweek.com/research/stocks/snapshot/snapshot.asp?symbol=LUX)). The two companies announced a deal on June 20 under which Foothill Ranch (Calif.)-based Oakley would be acquired by the Milan eyewear giant for $29.30 in cash per share, for a total purchase price of around $2.1 billion.
Luxottica, with €4.7 billion ($6.3 billion) in annual sales, owns the iconic Ray-Ban brand, as well as licenses for Bulgari, Burberry, Chanel, Dolce & Gabbana, Donna Karan, Polo Ralph Lauren, Prada, and Versace. The company gains a sizable presence in sport eyewear through the Oakley deal. "Oakley has tremendous growth potential across numerous market segments," the companies noted in a press release. "Luxottica provides a global platform to showcase the Oakley brands while enhancing its international distribution capabilities."
The companies hope that Oakley's cool factor will be undiminished as it is absorbed by its larger corporate parent. "I am encouraged by the fact that Luxottica's management has come to understand the unique, rogue nature of Oakley in the eyewear industry and is committed to preserving it," Jim Janard, Oakley's founder, chairman, and "chief mad scientist," said in the June 20 release.

MIMC
06-27-2007, 05:59 PM
Nothing but cheapo's for me, quality names like Sea Stryker! Just like bcampb, lost two sets of Oakley's in the lake - hurt to much to replace them. Now that my girls (Rachel 3, Anna 5) are on the water with me more, glasses have been sat on, pulled apart, etc. I appreciate a good set of glasses, they just have a short life expectancy around my house these days. :D

tex
06-27-2007, 06:08 PM
My wife bought me a $200 pair of Oakely's last year.(should have returned them). I was sitting on the dock last Wed. at ski league facing the sun wearing them. I finally got up and crutched to my truck and put my Arnettes(under $100) on. They just flat kick Oakely's ars!

Sodar
06-27-2007, 06:11 PM
My wife bought me a $200 pair of Oakely's last year.(should have returned them). I was sitting on the dock last Wed. at ski league facing the sun wearing them. I finally got up and crutched to my truck and put my Arnettes(under $100) on. They just flat kick Oakely's ars!

Bullshiat!! Them there are fightin' words!! You ready to throw down gimpy!?!?!? :D

tex
06-27-2007, 06:12 PM
Let's Rock!

Ric
06-27-2007, 06:29 PM
My wife bought me a $200 pair of Oakely's last year.(should have returned them). I was sitting on the dock last Wed. at ski league facing the sun wearing them. I finally got up and crutched to my truck and put my Arnettes(under $100) on. They just flat kick Oakely's ars! COsta won't beat that price but they beat oakley quality all to hell :twocents:

Sodar
06-27-2007, 06:30 PM
Now I gotta beat two Texans up!

Ric
06-27-2007, 06:31 PM
Now I gotta beat two Texans up! bring your oakleys and your shrimpskin boots and come on down!

Sodar
06-27-2007, 06:32 PM
bring your oakleys and your shrimpskin boots and come on down!

Hold on... I gotta find out what shrimpskin boots are.

Edit: Jimmy Buffet lyrics... I like it!!

tex
06-27-2007, 06:33 PM
People in the sunglass business have said that Oakely's quality is not what it used to be.

Ric
06-27-2007, 06:35 PM
People in the sunglass business have said that Oakely's quality is not what it used to be. ya but what do I know? I'm just a simple caveman

tex
06-27-2007, 06:35 PM
ya but what do I know? I'm just a simple caveman
You have insurance issues!

Ric
06-27-2007, 06:36 PM
I need to see Dr Melfi

tex
06-27-2007, 06:39 PM
I need to see Dr Melfi
She fired you, don't you remember!

Upper Michigan Prostar190
06-27-2007, 09:01 PM
I have heard there are alot of imposter oakleys on the market being sold as real Oakleys, even from "reputable" retailers that dont know it or turn their heads to it. I have a cousin that had a fake pair, but paid REAL price for them, and they broke, so he sent them into Oakley for repair, they sent him a nice letter saying how they would be happy to replace his sunglasses for free if they were real oakleys.

TX.X-30 fan
06-27-2007, 09:07 PM
I have heard there are alot of imposter oakleys on the market being sold as real Oakleys, even from "reputable" retailers that dont know it or turn their heads to it. I have a cousin that had a fake pair, but paid REAL price for them, and they broke, so he sent them into Oakley for repair, they sent him a nice letter saying how they would be happy to replace his sunglasses for free if they were real oakleys.

Mr Oakley, young Sodar now worships the very ground your pitted prunes are grown on. :D :D

uawaterskier
06-27-2007, 10:50 PM
oakely half wires...i miss my wire taps, someone 5 finger discounted them

tex
06-27-2007, 10:53 PM
I had someone do that with my raybans that were prescription. It pissed me off more knowing that when they put them on...they were blurry.

uawaterskier
06-27-2007, 10:54 PM
I had someone do that with my raybans that were prescription. It pissed me off more knowing that when they put them on...they were blurry.
thats pretty funny right there

tex
06-27-2007, 10:56 PM
and at the time, I was blind as a bat. It was before my lasik. They were some serious beer goggles, trust me!

uawaterskier
06-27-2007, 10:59 PM
some people will take anything...i had a broke radio stolen out of my truck. they forgot to take the harness lol

COboarder
06-28-2007, 01:16 AM
I got a couple pair of these SeaSpecs (http://www.seaspecs.com/) last week. Less expensive than designer glasses, more expensive than cheepos. Polarized lenses. In my opinion, good optical quality.
I don't like the "look" of them as well as other glasses I wear, but I also don't want to board with a $100-$200 pair of glasses on. My girlfriend caught her toeside edge while boarding last weekend and took a really hard fall with these glasses on and they didn't move a bit.

ksmaristar91
06-28-2007, 08:30 AM
Oakley GasCans White! There are plenty of big catfish rocking oakleys in the waterways here in KS 5 pair in 9 yrs, ouch! Dont wear mine to the lake anymore.

Ric
07-03-2007, 10:35 AM
Hold on... I gotta find out what shrimpskin boots are.

Edit: Jimmy Buffet lyrics... I like it!!haaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa

Ryan
07-23-2007, 01:30 PM
After a lot of shopping around and trying on a lot of brands, I found these Pumas at http://www.campmor.com/webapp/wcs/stores/servlet/ProductDisplay?productId=39183112&memberId=12500226

I figured for $20 for polarized lenses I can't go wrong. I bought a few others models from them, but these are the ones I'm keeping, a black pair and a brown pair. I really like them. They are made by MODO, a more expensive brand.

Prostar in Michigain
07-23-2007, 01:47 PM
Oakley gascans in black i love em

wakolman
09-01-2007, 04:35 PM
I swear by them. Polarized and just looks cool!

I also wear the Arnette Swingers that are polarized. I found my first pair and when someone stepped on them, I bought another pair.

NatesGr8
09-01-2007, 04:47 PM
Oakley Flak Jackets here, polarized (is there any other way?) Stick to my head w/o a problem.

jclose8
09-02-2007, 09:59 AM
If you are choosing sunglasses on the quality of optics alone, you would NEVER choose Oakley. Compare side by side with Smith or Costa Del mar, and you will choose the latter EVERY TIME. Plus Oakleys scratch. Bad.

I can't believe how good their marketing is, because lots of people overpay for an inferior product.

Recently I discovered HABER (http://www.habervision.com/)

VERY impressive. They should be on a short list as well.

bigmac
09-02-2007, 10:48 AM
I suspect most people choose their sunglasses on the basis of styling, followed by name brand. They may check to see if the lenses are polarized, but optical quality is likely at the very bottom of the decision matrix.

Oakely has been at the forefront of sunglasses styling for many years and they have a broader range of styles than the competition. They have also proven themselves masters at the marketing game (they must GIVE away sunglasses to US soldiers in Iraq - brilliant!). Optical quality aside, they play the game better than most and deserve their sales figures.

Footin
09-02-2007, 11:27 AM
I have been wearing Revo's for 20 years, nice glasses but pricey.

I also have a couple pairs of "Foakley's" that aren't too bad.

Ric
09-17-2007, 01:51 PM
I suspect most people choose their sunglasses on the basis of styling, followed by name brand. They may check to see if the lenses are polarized, but optical quality is likely at the very bottom of the decision matrix.

Oakely has been at the forefront of sunglasses styling for many years and they have a broader range of styles than the competition. They have also proven themselves masters at the marketing game (they must GIVE away sunglasses to US soldiers in Iraq - brilliant!). Optical quality aside, they play the game better than most and deserve their sales figures. I think you are correct. Without a doubt, quality as a business model does not gain market share:o . But marketing does........... Cops get their oakleys quite cheap, but I didn't know servicemen in Iraq got theirs for free?

WakeSeeky
09-17-2007, 04:47 PM
I think you are correct. Without a doubt, quality as a business model does not gain market share:o . But marketing does........... Cops get their oakleys quite cheap, but I didn't know servicemen in Iraq got theirs for free?

I'm sure it varies depending on the unit going over, so maybe some do. When my BIL went he was issued sunglasses but they were not Oakley. I've forgotten the brand, but my husband bought a pair just like them & I can find out. So, not free, but purchased by the Army & issued, at least in that case.

Possibly Oakleys are less expensive at the PX, though. IIRC that would at least eliminate sales tax, and some things are cheaper there as well.

Ric
09-17-2007, 05:01 PM
ya, last I looked, police & military could get deep discounts on items of basic black and subdued oakley logo colors to fit dress codes etc. Good stuff, just not all the wild colors.

Lennyp04
09-17-2007, 09:23 PM
Got my Rootbeer Oakley Flak Jackets with Gold Iridium Polarized Lenses

WakeSeeky
09-18-2007, 11:48 AM
ya, last I looked, police & military could get deep discounts on items of basic black and subdued oakley logo colors to fit dress codes etc. Good stuff, just not all the wild colors.

Couldn't remember the name yesterday, but it's the Wiley X (http://www.wileyx.com/index.aspx) sunglasses. I don't think they make the exact model my husband has anymore, but if you look in the tactical section, those are pretty much the same. Oddly enough,they look quite a lot like Oakleys, IMO. :rolleyes:

spanielman50
09-21-2007, 11:04 PM
MAKE SURE NO MATTER WHAT POLOROID YOU BUY THAT THEY HAVE
A ANTI REFLECTION COATING ON THE BACK SURFACE,,,IT'S A MUST FOR OPTICS,,,,,,as far as hue the color i like you might hate,,,,,,,it's patient specific,,,,,,,,what ever floats your boat,,,,,,i'll sell any
sunglass made to a mastercraft owner for 20 bucks over my cost
if they promise to pull me skiing if i get to there place,,,,,
dr mark

puck_11
09-22-2007, 11:35 AM
Military has a special deal through Oakley and we basically get half off of what you would pay in the store. Its a good deal, I use the polarized half jackets (I think) and I have another pair of minutes, those are my favorite. They come in black with black lenses, and no logos on the front bridge piece, and a subdued "O" on the sides. As aviators we got issued some awful sunglasses, most never leave the box. I don't think Oakley is giving them away in Iraq, most just choose to pay for them as they are a great deal.

BriEOD
09-22-2007, 04:41 PM
All government employees can purchase Oakleys for about half of MSRP. Here is some further information: https://usstandardissue.com/Default.aspx

They make a really nice set of boots. However, I am one of the few, I am sure, who detest there glasses. I used to get them reguarly. But, there service sucks. It takes an act of Congress to get a repair, etc. I now by Costa Del Mars and if I get a scrath or stretched frames I send them back and get a BRAND NEW pair for the cost of shipping. Not to mention I don't look like every Tom, Dick and Harry sporting Gas Cans or Half Jackets.

tex
11-14-2007, 10:50 PM
Still loving my Arnettes!!!!!!!!

11-27-2007, 09:43 PM
I know there are lots of brands of teak oil. Whats the pros and cons of each brand? I want to refinish my swim platform in the spring and I was wondering waht the best way to go about it is?

betsy&david Harrison
11-27-2007, 09:51 PM
I'd like to know because my swimstep is old and grey.

betsy&david Harrison
11-27-2007, 09:51 PM
............................ooops double post

Roonie's
11-27-2007, 09:52 PM
I heard if you spit on it and rub really hard your teak will be as good as new.

If you are truly wondering then follow Harold's advice.

trickskier
11-27-2007, 09:56 PM
Marine Varnish................Makes it real slick.............Just ask Chris Wingo...........;)

Toober Tom
11-27-2007, 10:04 PM
I heard this stuff is good.

cbryan70
11-27-2007, 10:36 PM
now thats funny

east tx skier
11-27-2007, 10:39 PM
Check out this thread (http://tmcowners.com/teamtalk/showthread.php?t=20470).

André
11-27-2007, 10:42 PM
Ok.You got me.
But i'm easy...:D

TX.X-30 fan
11-27-2007, 10:59 PM

I don't get it I clicked on that link and was routed right back here?? Please check your link and re-post east tex SkiEr

TMCNo1
11-27-2007, 11:05 PM

My new avatar!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!:cool: :D Thanks Tooba!

drbrainey
11-27-2007, 11:06 PM
My vessel has developed some bubbles on the under side. I was told by my dealer that they are hull blisters. What can I do to fix them?

TMCNo1
11-27-2007, 11:31 PM
The use of a good Acne cream may work?

TX.X-30 fan
11-27-2007, 11:36 PM
StarBrite Teak Oil !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

88 PS190
11-28-2007, 12:29 AM
typically you need to have the spots ground out, dry the hull (inside over winter) and have the spots repaired.

Then you would consider applying an epoxy undercoat paint (specific to purpose, not anti-fouling but a real sealing paint)

Then wax it well, and good to go.

Something that I cannot suggest but was mentioned to me is electric potting wax, when applied it essentially forms a barrier. You might need to reapply frequently for protection. But if you keep water out...

Keep boats on lifts. Replace carpeted bunks with a polymer bunk material to minimize water being retained against the hull.

André
11-28-2007, 07:26 AM
Sandpaper. 60 grit.

Ric
11-28-2007, 08:51 AM
Good to have you back around here Doc. I was worried about you.

11-28-2007, 09:05 AM
Good to have you back around here Doc. I was worried about you.
Tru dat. :D

School Skier
11-28-2007, 09:31 AM
I had that problem with our old boat not an M/C. I think they call it booting. I found it happend when I had the boat in the water all the time. I now trailer my M/C and have no sign of it. What the one person said about repair is true they told me the same thing to repair mine.

Ric
11-28-2007, 09:34 AM
I now by Costa Del Mars and if I get a scrath or stretched frames I send them back and get a BRAND NEW pair for the cost of shipping. Not to mention I don't look like every Tom, Dick and Harry sporting Gas Cans or Half Jackets. Listen to your uncle Brian! End of year closeouts on Costa's are here (http://www.truturn.com/costa_del_mar.htm). Team talkers get 20% off of list til 12/31.

JBaker
11-28-2007, 09:36 AM
:popcorn: :popcorn:

Ric
11-28-2007, 09:36 AM
Tex you would love Costa Del Mar. LINK (http://www.tmcowners.com/teamtalk/showpost.php?p=431714&postcount=121)

11-28-2007, 09:41 AM
what are some good sunglasses to buy? :confused: I was thinking about getting some.

ttu
11-28-2007, 09:52 AM
doc, did you ever get your son's stolen watch back.:rolleyes:

dmayer84
11-28-2007, 09:57 AM
I think these would be perfect for you

http://www.mtv.co.uk/files/library/images/celebrities/princess_diana/252/concert_for_diana_kanye_wes.jpg

wakolman
11-28-2007, 10:02 AM
I have a pair of Arnette Swingers. I love them for the fact that they are extremely lightweight, polarized, have a great range of vision, and no distortion.

Here is a link to the place I got mine. http://cgi.ebay.com/Arnette-NEW-SWINGER-Sunglasses-Leopard-Polarize-250-038_W0QQitemZ190177771499QQihZ009QQcategoryZ79742Q QssPageNameZWDVWQQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

This place says it has free shipping- polarized for $69.99. http://sunglasses.go-optic.com/store/sunglasses/details.asp?id=1083
:twocents:

TMCNo1
11-28-2007, 10:03 AM
doc, did you ever get your son's stolen watch back.:rolleyes:

I heard he went to Fossil and bought him 365 new watches!

#47of100TeamMC
11-28-2007, 10:13 AM
Anyone have those sunglasses that you can change the lenses out in? I've seen some people with yellow lenses, orange lenses, blue lenses. Mine are just the smoke lenses... I wanna be cool like those other "colored" guys. ( I hope nobody takes offense to that, I was referring to the lenses)

Toober Tom
11-28-2007, 10:17 AM
I lost my sunglasses when toobing last summer.

Any suggestions for ones that I cannot lose?

TMCNo1
11-28-2007, 10:22 AM

Plenty of duct tape!

11-28-2007, 10:25 AM

duct tape!:D

thijs
11-28-2007, 10:25 AM
Well as the Spy Clint is discontinued I am lusting after a pair of Heilos: They will fall off in the water, but if you don't weat them tubing you won't loose them. I dont think there is anything out there that you absolutely cannot loose.

Spy sunglasses are less expensive than Oakley, just as or more durable and you are much more original if you have anything other than JOakley. And as far as warranty my experience in the past when I was not-original was Oakley will try to find any way they can to weasle out of replacing them.

thijs
11-28-2007, 10:27 AM
These are the Clints that I have and there is also a pair in 30 ft of merky-cold water in Ghost Dam. Damn.

11-28-2007, 10:29 AM
WOW! waht a deal!

TMCNo1
11-28-2007, 10:29 AM
Anybody know where I can get me a pair of them Richard Petty rap around sunglasses and a cowboy hat with the snake head on the front?

11-28-2007, 10:30 AM
Anybody know where I can get me a pair of them Richard Petty rap around sunglasses and a cowboy hat with the snake head on the front?
Check with Ric. :D

Sodar
11-28-2007, 10:30 AM
My good friend TX.X30 Fan thinks my new shades are GEY. What do you guys think about my sunglasses?

https://titanmailorder.com/images/03-487.jpg

11-28-2007, 10:31 AM
I heard you can buy those somewhere.

thijs
My 2 cents in the lost in water while tubing thread (who would have thought?) (http://www.tmcowners.com/teamtalk/showthread.php?t=20488)

are those good glasses Ric?

11-28-2007, 10:32 AM
WOW! those are nice!

11-28-2007, 10:33 AM
They look like peanut butter to me.

11-28-2007, 10:34 AM
SPY CLINT?

you mean like as in Clint Eastwood? like when the Government hired him to steal an ariplane from Russia? back in the 80's. after he was a cop. they made a movie about it called FIREFOX.

TMCNo1
11-28-2007, 10:35 AM
I want some of those, but with X-Ray vision!

TMCNo1
11-28-2007, 10:37 AM
My good friend TX.X30 Fan thinks my new shades are GEY. What do you guys think about my sunglasses?

https://titanmailorder.com/images/03-487.jpg

Did Erk give you those as part of your 39th Anniversary boat purchase package?

sizzler
11-28-2007, 10:38 AM
guys....what glasses shall i buy when i am in the big apple???

any suggestions

Sodar
11-28-2007, 10:39 AM
Well as the Spy Clint is discontinued I am lusting after a pair of Heilos: They will fall off in the water, but if you don't weat them tubing you won't loose them. I dont think there is anything out there that you absolutely cannot loose.

Spy sunglasses are less expensive than Oakley, just as or more durable and you are much more original if you have anything other than JOakley. And as far as warranty my experience in the past when I was not-original was Oakley will try to find any way they can to weasle out of replacing them.

Oakley will replace ANYTHING!! And when I say anything, I mean ANYTHING! I got a new pair for Christmas last year, left them on the swimstep of the boat and drove off. OOPS!! I drove do to Oakley with 1/2 an arm and what looked to be a lense and they gave me a new pair. I suppose they could treat their locals better than their out of country brethren, but Oakley's warranty department is incredible. You can bag on anything about them, but the warranty dept.!!! :mad: :D :mad:

east tx skier
11-28-2007, 10:40 AM
Anyone here dig on vintage sunglasses. I'm trying to decide what to get Tank Commander UMP for his bday. I think these suit him. Other than ebay and 80spurple.com, anyone know where I can find a good deal on the real deal?

http://www.80spurple.com/catalog/images/1large/vc_26311.jpg

Sodar
11-28-2007, 10:41 AM
Did Erk give you those as part of your 39th Anniversary boat purchase package?

Precisely TMCNo1, they were part of my 37.75th Anniversary Boat package. He also threw in a bag of frozen chicken and a complimentary key chain!

tex
11-28-2007, 10:41 AM
I found picture of Ump limbering up for his birthday party! Do you guys dig the shades?

Sodar
11-28-2007, 10:42 AM
Ah, yes! UMP doing his daily yoga regimen!

11-28-2007, 10:43 AM
I cannot believe Betsy let those pictures out!!!! she promised she would keep them a secret!!!! :o

chudson
11-28-2007, 10:44 AM
RayBan Wayfarers, I've been wearing them for years...........:cool:
Made in Italy, Momma Mia!!!!!!!!!!:cool:

edit: Hope everyone sees this Thread cause I ain't gonna put this post up 20 more times..........

Ric
11-28-2007, 10:45 AM
I love you guys. I do.

Ric
11-28-2007, 10:47 AM
nah, you can't get those at all

11-28-2007, 10:47 AM
wow. I didnt realize I got promoted to tank commander.......:confused: must be a birthday thang.

11-28-2007, 10:48 AM
nah, you can't get those at all
oh, my mistake.

11-28-2007, 10:48 AM
an Italian thing.

Sodar
11-28-2007, 10:49 AM
guys....what glasses shall i buy when i am in the big apple???

any suggestions

Oakleys.

Ric
11-28-2007, 10:49 AM
oh, my mistake. nobody I know sells sunglasses, let alone the types with interchangeable lenses.

Ric
11-28-2007, 10:50 AM
if you are gay

nobody I know sells sunglasses, let alone the types with interchangeable lenses.
thats a bummer.

drbrainey
I'm considering buying a pair of these sunglasses for my wife for one of her gifts during Hanukkah. Do these glasses offer sufficient eye protection while out on a boat?

east tx skier
11-28-2007, 10:51 AM
I love you guys. I do.

Wrong thread.

Try the Aggie Love Toobing thread (http://www.tmcowners.com/teamtalk/showthread.php?t=20369&highlight=winter+pictures).

Muttley
11-28-2007, 10:53 AM
I have them. I picked them up at a motorcycle rally. They came in a nice hard case with a snap in foam liner that keeps the wind out of your eyes. They have clear, amber and smoke lenses.

They work well and look good, but snapping the lenses in and out is a little scary. I keep thinking I'm going to break something, but that never happens. I paid about $50.

tex
Wrong thread.

Try the Aggie Love Toobing thread (http://www.tmcowners.com/teamtalk/showthread.php?t=20369&highlight=winter+pictures).
Shouldn't that be over on the SN board. Sorry Doug, it was there! Just having fun-Nice boats!

ShamrockIV
I hope i am confused here, but my oakley i can change lenses all day long. Am i wrong as usual?

I prefer gold iridium too by the way!!

11-28-2007, 10:54 AM
I'm considering buying a pair of these sunglasses for my wife for one of her gifts during Hanukkah. Do these glasses offer sufficient eye protection while out on a boat?

Vat a question.

ski_king
11-28-2007, 10:54 AM
Looks like good stuff, but I would have expected it to be in a 55 gallon barrel.

Ric
11-28-2007, 10:55 AM
I have them. I picked them up at a motorcycle rally. They came in a nice hard case with a snap in foam liner that keeps the wind out of your eyes. They have clear, amber and smoke lenses.

They work well and look good, but snapping the lenses in and out is a little scary. I keep thinking I'm going to break something, but that never happens. I paid about $50. no you didn't

Sodar
11-28-2007, 10:56 AM
I have a flip lense distributor though UMP. Does that interest?

TMCNo1
11-28-2007, 10:56 AM
Get them from a street vendor on 52nd Avenue or in Chinatown! They are high quality, cheap, and have a lifetime guarantee (if you have a warranty claim, it's guaranteed the vendor won't ever be back there in your lifetime) and check the box before you walk off, there might be a wing off a Peking Duck in the box instead of sunglasses!

chudson
11-28-2007, 10:57 AM
Lost em and I can't find'em.................

OH der day iz!!!!!!!!

Ric
11-28-2007, 10:57 AM
quality stuff there mr rUMP

Muttley
11-28-2007, 10:58 AM
Whenever I spend more than $40 on sunglasses, they either get squished or lost. I had a pair of $300 prescription sunglases I forgot to take off when I dove off the boat. It was pretty aggravating watching them slowly sink out of sight, not being able to dive after them as I had my vest on.

I bought a pair for $5 at a flea market 10 years ago. Whenever I lose or break the expensive pairs I always wind up reverting back to those.

11-28-2007, 11:01 AM
Look for a guy selling setscrews and ask him.

11-28-2007, 11:02 AM
quality stuff there mr rUMP

grey market?

11-28-2007, 11:03 AM
I just found them,they are right on this thread.

if you cant see them, maybe you need glasses.

jbfootin
11-28-2007, 11:06 AM
I cannot believe Betsy let those pictures out!!!! she promised she would keep them a secret!!!! :o
Thats what Pam told Tommy Lee too;)

BrianM
11-28-2007, 11:10 AM
Coasta del Mars. I have a pair on order right now. A little expensive but I am now convinced they are the best sunglasses out there. For watersports go with the Costa 580 Blue Mirror Lens.

http://www.costadelmar.com/store/BVModules/CategoryTemplates/Costa%20-%20Custom%20Sunglasses%20Landing%20Page/Category.aspx?categoryid=606edcb0-0554-414f-a91d-1b5a995d4af1

Ric
11-28-2007, 11:11 AM
Coasta del Mars. I have a pair on order right now. A little expensive but I am now convinced they are the best sunglasses out there. I always did like you BrianM

TMCNo1
11-28-2007, 11:12 AM

Only if you don't hide them in the boat and forget where they are at and someone steals your boat! Go ahead and get her a watch that matches!

tex
11-28-2007, 11:14 AM
I've got one of his ties. I think it's UV rated!

does anyone here drink beer?

Ric
Cut all the hoodspah. Vat's the price friend?

11-28-2007, 11:15 AM
those are kinda hip.

Sodar
I always did like you BrianM

GEY

________

toobs? :confused:

tex
11-28-2007, 11:16 AM
does anyone here drink beer?
I'm thirsty right now! All this sunglasses talk makes me want a PBR!

damaged442
11-28-2007, 11:17 AM
I'm sure you can get some good pint glasses at Brooklyn Brewery. :toast:
79 N. 11th Street, Brooklyn
Garrett Oliver brews some decent stuff there. I read there are free tours Saturday on the hour from 12-5. I'll be traveling that way within the next month or two.
Oh crap, you meant sunglasses, can't help you there. :headbang:

TMCNo1
11-28-2007, 11:17 AM
I always did like you BrianM

Get a hotel room!

Roonie's
11-28-2007, 11:18 AM
you offering?

Bruce
11-28-2007, 11:19 AM
Any one know where I can get info on sunglasses? 13 or more new threads--it must be a sunglass virus! Come on summer the natives are restless!

damaged442
11-28-2007, 11:19 AM
I'd say more than average.

TMCNo1
11-28-2007, 11:20 AM
My sunglasses just fell off in my beer mug! I couldn't see, it was so dark and hit my nose, Oh well! WOW, beer makes good sunglass cleaner!

11-28-2007, 11:21 AM
I'm thirsty right now! All this sunglass talk makes me want a PBR!
really? sunglasses makes you thirsty then.

Roonie's
11-28-2007, 11:21 AM
I have arnette's also and a couple of Smith's with interchangable lenses for mtn biking etc.

M-Funf
11-28-2007, 11:22 AM
Nope.....:rolleyes:

tex
11-28-2007, 11:23 AM
really? sunglasses makes you thirsty then.
I generally find that most things make me thristy. Call me lucky!

Roonie's
11-28-2007, 11:24 AM
I have Smith's with the interchangable lenses. I use the yellow for driving when raining and mtn biking. Blue is worthless. green is worthless. clear lense also for mtn biking. dark for sun. I am on my fourth pair.

11-28-2007, 11:27 AM
I bet blue and green are sad.

11-28-2007, 11:28 AM
are those exclusive for mountain biking?

11-28-2007, 11:28 AM
Any one know where I can get info on sunglasses? 13 or more new threads--it must be a sunglass virus! Come on summer the natives are restless!

I would try google.

M-Funf
11-28-2007, 11:29 AM
So I think I broke my Ray Ban's yesterday. One of the ear thingys won't fold in.

Should I try to fix them or get another pair. If I get a new pair, should I get Ray Ban's, or something else.???

HELP!!!

11-28-2007, 11:30 AM
So I think I broke my Ray Ban's yesterday. One of the ear thingys won't fold in.

Should I try to fix them or get another pair. If I get a new pair, should I get Ray Ban's, or something else.???

HELP!!!
OH!!!! NOt a Ear thingy!!!!!

11-28-2007, 11:31 AM
I think its italian......

11-28-2007, 11:31 AM
sunglasses squished????????:o OH NO!!!

ShamrockIV
11-28-2007, 11:33 AM
ear thingy? lol

I would get a new pair!!!

I am a fan of oakleys myself!!

is that picture the singer from Kansas??

Roonie's
are those exclusive for mountain biking?

No but they sure are nice to use for biking.

Mikey
11-28-2007, 11:34 AM
I am looking for a new pair of sunglasses for my dog. His eyes are sensitive to sunlight. Anyone know where I can get a pair. He has a pretty big head so Im thinking a pair of human sunglasses will work. I dont know what to do. Poor little guy is sitting there all miserable with headaches. Please help!:confused:

No but they sure are nice to use for biking.

I see........

sizzler
i have a spare bed

Roonie's
yellow is very happy even on the most rainy of days.

stuartmcnair
11-28-2007, 11:35 AM
:cool:

I went home from work...everything was fine...I get in this morning and apparently the sun has become brighter than ever because all anyone is talking about are sunglasses...

11-28-2007, 11:36 AM
yellow is very happy even on the most rainy of days.
no kiddin'????

Maristar210
I am home sick as a dog and I can't sleep because of the damn sun shining in the bedroom. What kind of night shades should I get?

Ric- keep your headphones on and don't interrupt the techno your listening to, I'm not talkin Costa Del Junkcrap:rolleyes:

:cool:

I went home from work...everything was fine...I get in this morning and apparently the sun has become brighter than ever because all anyone is talking about are sunglasses...
sun spots......

stuartmcnair
11-28-2007, 11:37 AM
as to how you "found" that picture

11-28-2007, 11:38 AM
I am home sick as a dog and I can't sleep because of the damn sun shining in the bedroom. What kind of night shades should I get?

Ric- keep your headphones on and don't interrupt the techno your listening to, I'm not talkin Costa Del Junkcrap:rolleyes:

I would get cool ones if I were you.

11-28-2007, 11:39 AM
i have a spare bed
but no sunglasses.

Roonie's
11-28-2007, 11:40 AM
very true used to live in Seattle. It is always raining.

ttu
11-28-2007, 11:41 AM
might want to email cory heart. i am sure he knows. :D

lord when is spring coming so we can get back to some good threads.:cool:

ski_king
11-28-2007, 11:44 AM
bump......

Ric
11-28-2007, 11:46 AM
I bet blue and green are sad.haaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa

Ric
11-28-2007, 11:49 AM
GEY

________ not nearly as gay as that photo of you with the jokeley's leaning against your bote

Leah
11-28-2007, 11:50 AM
Hey why not!?!?

Can anyone tell me why I can buy a pair of Dollar store cheapo's and keep em for 5 years but when I spend anything more than $20 they get sucked into a lake/stepped on/sat on/ chewed on/ thrown to the ground etc....? Mysterious phenomenon if you ask me!

TX.X-30 fan
11-28-2007, 11:53 AM
I see........

I see. :D :D :D :D

Roonie's
11-28-2007, 11:54 AM
not nearly as gay as that photo of you with the jokeley's leaning against your bote

you mean "boat"

TX.X-30 fan
11-28-2007, 11:57 AM
I kinda like these does anyone know if they will help my cataracts?

Ric
11-28-2007, 11:58 AM
Hey why not!?!?

Can anyone tell me why I can buy a pair of Dollar store cheapo's and keep em for 5 years but when I spend anything more than $20 they get sucked into a lake/stepped on/sat on/ chewed on/ thrown to the ground etc....? Mysterious phenomenon if you ask me! there's a guy here who drops his keys in the lake too

chudson
11-28-2007, 11:59 AM
Some of my favorite singers and there "Shades"!!!
Got four of a kind, beat that...........

11-28-2007, 12:02 PM
bump......
Bump...?? is taht a brand of sunglasses??

11-28-2007, 12:03 PM
those are nice beards.

Ric
11-28-2007, 12:03 PM
If you care about your dog, you are going to need to get him some good ones.. Those ones in sodarski's self portrait would be perfect for your dog

11-28-2007, 12:04 PM
I kinda like these does anyone know if they will help my cataracts?

I berieve they hep Caratcts, but not Rincon Continentars.

Ric
11-28-2007, 12:04 PM
you mean "boat" no, I mean bote

11-28-2007, 12:05 PM
Try doggles.

JBaker
Did you guys check out the video of Dr. Brainey's son?
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4JMOh-cul6M

Edit: FYI the video contains some profanity.

TX.X-30 fan
not nearly as gay as that photo of you with the jokeley's leaning against your bote

Good eye Ric, that pic screams show tunes!!! ;)

chudson
Didn't help my Chevy so I don't see'm helpin your Cataract!!!:D :rolleyes:

11-28-2007, 12:08 PM
there's a guy here who drops his keys in the lake too
really? now that IS odd.

fintek9
Was wondering? Do any of you when looking for new shades try to match your boat? (ie) colors/style/shapes!

My X-star is Blue w/ white so I try to keep the flow going:D

Mikey
Ric, I was thinking some Maui Jim's or something along those lines.

UMP, what are doggles? Do you have an example? Do ya? Do ya? Keep in mind he has a pretty big head and may need custom work.

fintek9
11-28-2007, 12:10 PM
global warming.....:rolleyes:

Ric, I was thinking some Maui Jim's or something along those lines.

UMP, what are doggles? Do you have an example? Do ya? Do ya? Keep in mind he has a pretty big head and may need custom work.

Google doggles.

Sunglasses for dogs. :cool:

TX.X-30 fan
Looks like they all ate a 7-11 double chili cheese dog.

11-28-2007, 12:11 PM
global warming.....:rolleyes:
Pre med....

TX.X-30 fan
11-28-2007, 12:12 PM
are you on the Yeager already????

mayo93prostar
11-28-2007, 12:12 PM
it looks like "thread stacking" instead of jacking!!!

11-28-2007, 12:13 PM
I try to match them to my speedo.

Roonie's
11-28-2007, 12:13 PM
no, I mean bote

haha I see

TX.X-30 fan
11-28-2007, 12:14 PM
I could talk shades all day!!!!!!!!!

11-28-2007, 12:17 PM
I need new shades.

NO!!! not sunglasses!! that would be silly.

I mean privacy shades, for my bathroom winder. so neighbors cant see in there. I take showers ya know.

any recommendations?

TX.X-30 fan
11-28-2007, 12:19 PM
I am looking for a new pair of sunglasses for my dog. His eyes are sensitive to sunlight. Anyone know where I can get a pair. He has a pretty big head so Im thinking a pair of human sunglasses will work. I dont know what to do. Poor little guy is sitting there all miserable with headaches. Please help!:confused:

These look nice!!!!

TX.X-30 fan
11-28-2007, 12:21 PM
Reynolds Wrap!!!

bcampbe7
11-28-2007, 12:25 PM
Looks like they all ate a 7-11 double chili cheese dog.

That's a mistake ya only make once!

TX.X-30 fan
11-28-2007, 12:27 PM
Very patriotic UMP!!!!

TX.X-30 fan
11-28-2007, 12:28 PM
That's a mistake ya only make once!

You too?? :mad: 8p

11-28-2007, 12:28 PM
Very patriotic UMP!!!!
THANK YOU, THANK YOU. :D

11-28-2007, 12:29 PM
Reynolds Wrap!!!

Like Elvis used.

11-28-2007, 12:29 PM
ZZ rules. :cool:

11-28-2007, 12:31 PM
I am trying very hard to decide what kinda of B day cake toa have today.

I was wondering if anyone every had Peanut Butter Birthday Cake??:confused:

bcampbe7
11-28-2007, 12:32 PM
You too?? :mad: 8p

Ever seen Cheech and Chong 'Up in Smoke'?

"COME ON ICECREAM!!!"

bcampbe7
11-28-2007, 12:33 PM
I am sure you will have Peanut butter, but I doubt there will be any cake involved.

11-28-2007, 12:36 PM
I am sure you will have Peanut butter, but I doubt there will be any cake involved.

Really? wow, I never heard of PB cake without the cake part.

chudson
11-28-2007, 12:37 PM
I am trying very hard to decide what kinda of B day cake toa have today.

I was wondering if anyone every had Peanut Butter Birthday Cake??:confused:

I'll bet they do, ya want smooth or crunchy?

11-28-2007, 12:37 PM
I'll bet they do, ya want smooth or crunchy?

Not sure, not sure.

11-28-2007, 12:38 PM
very true used to live in Seattle. It is always raining.

In seattle?

chudson
11-28-2007, 12:39 PM
Stop takin showers!!!

11-28-2007, 12:39 PM
I've got one of his ties. I think it's UV rated!
UV........vodka?

jbfootin
11-28-2007, 12:40 PM
Now I have to drink until that mental image is gone!:mad:

SNOOTYSKIER
11-28-2007, 12:44 PM
What are the BEST sunglasses you can buy?:confused:

I wanna know.

betsy&david Harrison
11-28-2007, 01:01 PM
I'll work on finding some more of those pics of UMP in his sunglasses.

Mikey
11-28-2007, 01:04 PM
These are pretty much the best sunglasses EVER!!!!!!!!!!!! Gotta love those hologram lenses.:cool: :D

11-28-2007, 01:05 PM
These are pretty much the best sunglasses EVER!!!!!!!!!!!! Gotta love those hologram lenses.:cool: :D

WOW! I bet Staristar has them!

Mikey
11-28-2007, 01:11 PM
WOW! I bet Staristar has them!

I bet he does. And if he doesnt I have several extra pair, I could probably send him one.;)

It is scientifically proven to raise your IQ just by putting them on your head. Would you like a pair too UMP?8p

11-28-2007, 01:12 PM
I'll work on finding some more of those pics of UMP in his sunglasses.

uh-oh...........

Ric
11-28-2007, 01:18 PM
What are the BEST sunglasses you can buy?:confused:

I wanna know. there is a poll on this site about that if you want to jump on it

Ric
11-28-2007, 01:23 PM
big plans for you special day aye ump?

Sodar
11-28-2007, 01:25 PM
They have Peanut Butter Ice Cream Cake. They also have just peanut butter cake.. it is called a sandwich.

fintek9
11-28-2007, 01:27 PM
Found it!!!the perfect cake for the master:D